Pochettino criticises Shaw

9-3

Saying his move to Man Unt was too soon for him and saying his style never suited Man Unt as they play with wing backs but Shaw was not a natural wing back.

Also criticises his attitude and his mindset when he was with Saints.

It's been over three years since his move to Man Unt and only made 30 odd appearances for them.

Ah well, £30,000000 ain't bad then is it?

This only backs up my falling out of love with the game at this level and hardly showing an interest this season.

Too many young footballers now are only interested in the massive pay day and not interested in actually playing football....if that is what they want good luck to them but it is killing the game.

Not seen those comments, do you have a link?

Weren't Spurs linked with Shaw fairly recently - so is it papers making it up because Poch used to manage him at Saints, Poch distancing himself as he really thinks Shaw isn't that good, or is he just making the first move to beat down the price?

And right now £30m looks a pretty good bit of business, certainly one that we've had the better of.

This only backs up my falling out of love with the game at this level and hardly showing an interest this season.

Too many young footballers now are only interested in the massive pay day and not interested in actually playing football....if that is what they want good luck to them but it is killing the game.

Yes and the two people with the greatest influence in young footballers' lives are the parents and the agents who are often just out for a quick buck.

If only talented young players realised how short and precious their time at the top of the game is.

Saints staff always had concerns about Shaw's attitude and diet and off field antics.

We we're that bothered about him leaving, especially for the money we got.

Good player though, who suffered an awful injury, hopefully he makes the right move and his time at united is an eye opener for him so he bucks his ideas up and gets back to his best. I'd certainly have him back for the right money, not sure Les would though.

I thought he was back on form before he had his leg snapped in two , amazing that the defender didn't even get a yellow card ! Players are never 100% once they come back from major injury , think of Shearer after his achilles snapped .

I can see that he wasn't the fittest but what off field problems are being refered to ??

Saying his move to Man Unt was too soon for him and saying his style never suited Man Unt as they play with wing backs but Shaw was not a natural wing back.

Also criticises his attitude and his mindset when he was with Saints.

It's been over three years since his move to Man Unt and only made 30 odd appearances for them.

Ah well, £30,000000 ain't bad then is it?

gulp !!

That’s why 90% of the under 20’s and 17’s that won the World Cup will never play for the senior England team.

Money change people just like it’s done to Shaw.

Did you listen to talk sport the other day?.They mentioned that there was no England badge on show for the winners photo,only their surnames.Apart from not seeing the bade of your country in a photo of this magnitude rather look at it this way,in 5-6 years down the line who will remember who was who when you dont see any of this team playing any part of any premiership team.kind of makes you wonder about thier attitude and ambition right now.

Did you listen to talk sport the other day?.They mentioned that there was no England badge on show for the winners photo,only their surnames.Apart from not seeing the bade of your country in a photo of this magnitude rather look at it this way,in 5-6 years down the line who will remember who was who when you dont see any of this team playing any part of any premiership team.kind of makes you wonder about thier attitude and ambition right now.

This is genuinely astonishing. They have just won a world cup for their age group and people are criticising them for turning their shirts round in a picture? Is it of vital importance? Maybe we should introduce a rule that all players who represent the national team shall permanently have to wear an item of clothing that contains three lions on it in a prominent, visible place until the day they retire from international football. Would that represent a sufficient level of national pride?

Doesnt the fact that they all turned their shirts round indicate that in fact it wasn't about individualism and was more of a collective decision? They just won an international tournament, I would suggest now is not necessarily the time to cast aspersions on their attitude?

Not seen those comments, do you have a link?

Weren't Spurs linked with Shaw fairly recently - so is it papers making it up because Poch used to manage him at Saints, Poch distancing himself as he really thinks Shaw isn't that good, or is he just making the first move to beat down the price?

And right now £30m looks a pretty good bit of business, certainly one that we've had the better of.

It's in a book about Pochettino written by Guillem Ballague, but Pochettino writes some stuff in there also. Primarily focused on Spurs.

Has anyone read the book, and are there any other snippets from his time at Saints?

I would have him back at Saints, assuming his injury is not causing that much of a problem for him. He is still a young player and really needs game time if he's going to fulfil his potential.

I can't see it happening as I'm not sure he left on the very best of terms, but you never know. When he got injured there was a nice Twitter exchange between Saints and Shaw, so maybe it's not that bad. There aren't many better clubs in the Premier League who can help nurture talent and give players the chance.

As for his experiences the past three years, I'd like to think it will have made him stronger.

I'd be happy for this.

Shaw strikes me as one of those players who needs a bit love and a run of games, Mourinho has historically poor with young players.

Plus Bertrand has been dialing it in for ages, he just doesn't look interested at all.

Although this comment somewhat lets down that article -

Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino, who nurtured Shaw at Saints, remains a long-term admirer.

But he has both Danny Rose and Kieran Trippier to fill his left-back berths.

Probably not if this article is correct

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/11/10/man-utd-extend-contracts-quartet-invoking-12-month-options-current/

It is understood that United have already invoked the 12-month option on Luke Shaw’s contract to June 2019, which will strengthen United’s hopes of recouping a bigger portion of the £28 million fee they paid Southampton for the out of favour left back in 2014 as the club seek to offload him next year. Fenerbahce are one of the clubs interested in taking Shaw on loan in January*but the player is thought to be unenthused by the prospect of a move to Turkey.

United are likely to listen to offers for Shaw in January but will still demand a fee in excess of £20 million, which, coupled with his £130,000 a week wages, could put off any interested parties. Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton and Manchester City are thought to be keeping a watching brief.

I'm more surprised that Ryan is ready to go back to a side where he will effectively sit on the bench for most of the season. Thought that was the reason he left Chelsea and came to us.

He's played a few years of football and got in the England squad , Its now all about earning a few quid before retirement imo !