Congratulation to Steven Davis receives MBE

the colonel

I know a lot of our "fans" like to moan and attack him. But hopefully we can all agree that he truly deserves this and wish him congratulations.

I personally think he is an outstanding professional and one of our best players.

Your opinion(possibly) Mr Reed but lots of people disagree entirely, constantly.

being good for Northern Ireland

He's been pretty damn good for all the clubs he has played for but I agree - it was primarily for his role on-field in Northern Ireland's recent exploits. But on that basis Michael O'Neil should get a knighthood!! :)

Does anybody actually know what he got it for? Everyone's congratulating him for something none of us know about. Odd!

I’m not sure if they give detailed reasons. When it was announced in the summer it was for services to football and sport in N. Ireland.

I had always considered VVD to be one of the good ones before last summer so take what I am about to say under advisement: Steven Davis comes across as one of the good ones. I’m actually very happy for him.

Does anybody actually know what he got it for? Everyone's congratulating him for something none of us know about. Odd!

https://www.irishfa.com/news/2017/june/steven-davis-awarded-mbe

This may help, from the Irish FA.

Seems to have got it primarily for being a major part in the resurgence of N.Ireland international team.

95 caps (3rd most capped)

Captain for much of their recent improvement.

And hasn't made a fuss about it.