NEXT manager

Heisenberg

The manager is not the problem, it is the players.

Both our last two managers came off seasons where they got their clubs punching well above their weight and both were highly rated by the club and in the know pundits.

Both have failed to get this squad working.

We need a serious clear out of playing staff and probably coaching staff.

Didn`t Pearson manage us in 2008 and only just kept us up with a 3- 2 win against Shef Utd?

He inherited a mess and did very well to keep us up. His points record during his brief stay was very respectable, more so considering the weak squad he had. But he was Crouch's hire, so when the ruddy cheeked bastard returned he wasn't going to let Nige stay on. Add that to the list of sackings of decent managers followed by disastrous replacements.

Nicholl -> Br*nf**t

Luggy -> Wigley

Pearson -> Poortvliet

Puel -> MoPe

Rodgers please. Plays the way we want. Has good experience. Think he'd want it if we go after him properly and we all man up and get over him being a knob at Liverpool.

Rodgers would be my 1st choice as well. Not sure he would take it though after his comments about our ambition (which in hindsight are true)? Surely he'll look a bit stupid.

AVB, Pellegrini, Dyche, Fat Sam and Rafa would all be an upgrade on current.

I'd be happy with Viera, Wilder (I doubt he'd leave Sheff Utd if i'm honest) and Rowlett but they are all relatively inexperienced so would be a big risk, but would be great for the championship next year.

I assume anyone asking for Adkins is taking the p!ss?

Maybe Michael O'Neil if Northern Ireland get knocked out this week? Has done an amazing job with them?

I feel the more pertinent question is when will board pull trigger. If Everton, West Ham, Swansea and Everton could all be looking for managers will be hard for us to find someone!

FWIW, I would def go for Bilic now he is free!! Good old fashioned passion, yes please

Certainly not. You do realise that in what, a bit above 3 years, we'd have gone from Pochettino, probably one of the world's finest young managers at this time to Bilic who's just been sacked by West Ham for some pretty dire performances. That would be like going from shopping at Harrods to shopping at Poundwise . We'd need to get a young go ahead guy with some sort of early

promise behind him and not the first old lag that we could get to sign for us. Nevertheless I don't think we'll give up on Pellegrino just yet.

The manager is not the problem, it is the players.

Both our last two managers came off seasons where they got their clubs punching well above their weight and both were highly rated by the club and in the know pundits.

Both have failed to get this squad working.

We need a serious clear out of playing staff and probably coaching staff.

If its not the manager then I want the tool that decided to sub Gabbi on Saturday sacked.....isn't that the managers job?

Hoddle please! But anyone who will play attacking football! Think I would even be happy to give Giggs a go!

Have you actually seen Giggs talking about football on the tv? He is patently clueless and it’s therefore no surprise that absolutely nobody has offered him a job.

No way he should be anywhere near us...

Would love to see an AVB or Pellegrini but the money it would take to prise them away from China makes it very unlikely. Who was the last manager we signed that was already employed? I think Van Gaal would be quality (not sure what the wages situation would be there though) as he is that big name manager that will settle the ship, much like Koeman after the Pochettino/Cortese fiasco. I'd like to see us go for some pedigree this time instead of another gamble.

EDIT: Just remembered it was Adkins, didn't exactly cost a fortune though...

Edited by Disco Stu

Adkins, Adkins, and Adkins again. A proven motivator, and would get us playing progressive football, and as a team. I have seen no evidence he would be out of his depth in any way in the Premier League. He didn't get a fair shake of the sauce bottle last time.
no ex players say how good he was to play for. Rickie didn't give him a mention in his recent interview. He is not good enoguh

Inclined to think we should go for a Brit or someone who has been managing in the UK for a few years. They understand British football and the way we want it played. Tippy tappy possession based football is not what we want to see.

I'm another that thought Adkins was doing fine, but his slip in the promotion interview inferring he knew he would be released after reaching the Prem was key. Even so, he was doing a good job until Cortese chopped him (although Pochiettino was indeed a fine appointment.)

I'd give Adkins a rolling annual contract. I miss his enthusiasm, his interpersonal skills etc.

Not sure why everyone is saying Reed out, he may be the spokesperson but I believe he is not the one who makes all the decisions on recruitment of managers and players, I think it is a 3 man panel including Kruger. Maybe we need Freddie Kruger

Inclined to think we should go for a Brit or someone who has been managing in the UK for a few years. They understand British football and the way we want it played. Tippy tappy possession based football is not what we want to see.

I'm another that thought Adkins was doing fine, but his slip in the promotion interview inferring he knew he would be released after reaching the Prem was key. Even so, he was doing a good job until Cortese chopped him (although Pochiettino was indeed a fine appointment.)

I'd give Adkins a rolling annual contract. I miss his enthusiasm, his interpersonal skills etc.

Really? I bet Man city fans aren't saying that and they are the biggest exponents of possession football in the PL (they have played more back passes than any other team in the league this season a massive 1257 back passes followed by spurs in second with 924 back passes.). There is nothing wrong with possession football as long as you have quality players to turn that possession into end product. Now there is certainly a case that we don't have the required quality and so should be looking to play a different way to accommodate the average players we do have but I really can't believe any saints fan wouldn't want to see us playing possession football like man city if they had the choice.

Interesting to see who's about and in the running for the WHU job...

- David Moyes 1/33

- Ronald Koeman 9/1

- Alan Pardew 16/1

- Roberto Mancini 22/1

- Sam Allardyce 25/1

- Tony Pulis 25/1

- Paolo Di Canio 25/1

- Guus Hiddink 25/1

- Sean Dyche 25/1

- Harry Redknapp 25/1

- Chris Coleman 25/1

- Slavisa Jokanovic 25/1

- Carlo Ancelotti 25/1

- Manuel Pellegrini 25/1

- Terry Westley 28/1

- Frank de Boer 33/1

- Rafa Benitez 33/1

- Thomas Tuchel 33/1

- Brendan Rogers 33/1

- David Wagner 33/1

- Ryan Giggs 33/1

- Eddie Howe 33/1

- Chris Hughton 40/1

- Andre Villas-Boas 40/1

- Kevin Nolan 40/1

- Garry Monk 40/1

- Danny Cowley 40/1

- Mick McCarthy 40/1

- Peter Taylor 50/1

Interesting to see who's about and in the running for the WHU job...

- David Moyes 1/33

- Ronald Koeman 9/1

- Alan Pardew 16/1

- Roberto Mancini 22/1

- Sam Allardyce 25/1

- Tony Pulis 25/1

- Paolo Di Canio 25/1

- Guus Hiddink 25/1

- Sean Dyche 25/1

- Harry Redknapp 25/1

- Chris Coleman 25/1

- Slavisa Jokanovic 25/1

- Carlo Ancelotti 25/1

- Manuel Pellegrini 25/1

- Terry Westley 28/1

- Frank de Boer 33/1

- Rafa Benitez 33/1

- Thomas Tuchel 33/1

- Brendan Rogers 33/1

- David Wagner 33/1

- Ryan Giggs 33/1

- Eddie Howe 33/1

- Chris Hughton 40/1

- Andre Villas-Boas 40/1

- Kevin Nolan 40/1

- Garry Monk 40/1

- Danny Cowley 40/1

- Mick McCarthy 40/1

- Peter Taylor 50/1

:lol:

My own opinion, but i reckon we’ll wait until Emery is sacked by PSG and try and persuade him to come. We wanted him the year Koeman left, but he already had PSG lined up.

Trouble is, it may be too late if Emery lasts the season.

My own opinion, but i reckon we’ll wait until Emery is sacked by PSG and try and persuade him to come. We wanted him the year Koeman left, but he already had PSG lined up.

Trouble is, it may be too late if Emery lasts the season.

We were never going to get Emery then, and we won't get him now.

Didn`t Pearson manage us in 2008 and only just kept us up with a 3- 2 win against Shef Utd?

But he kept us up on a short term contract when he was appointed just to do this. Rupes would not give him a new one and we were relegated.

They invented dugouts and many other important things, and now Everton have Diego Simeone at the top of their managerial wish list, according to Sky...

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/11117327/diego-simeone-is-everton-owner-farhad-moshiris-top-target-among-four-potential-new-managers

Hurry up Les sneak in and gazump them before it’s too late...