NEXT manager

Heisenberg

No one has mentioned, advocated or suggested us appointing Redknapp. And we are obviously not going to in a million years. Calm the fu ck down.

Allardyce is not really comparable, and at least would be a competent manager to keep us in the division. Pretty much zero chance of us appointing him either, too. Not our Les's style.

Did you see his shirt on MOTD? Unforgivable although would go nicely with a pint of wine.

I don’t think a change of manager will make a difference with this squad and the manner in which Uncle Les wants the team to play (the Southampton way). The last two seasons should be a clear indicator of that. Reed has royally fooked up allowing the quality of the squad to deteriorate, allowing player unrest to dictate team spirit and appointing cheap managers who will bow to his footballing philosophy. Add to that a significant coaching deficit in Black and putting all eggs in the Forster basket (case) and you have a recipe for the disaster we watch unfold. Relegation is not with us yet, but the writing is on the wall.

Rodgers would be the outstanding choice. Difficult to see him leaving Celtic mid-season but surely we’d present him with the ideal opportunity to rebuild his profile in the PL? Can’t see him going to any other of last seasons top 7 anytime soon either. If the Gao’s are serious about taking us to another level then throwing some £’s his way would help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd have liked to see us get Nuno Espirito Santo but as it's reported he's turned down Everton, it doesn't look like there is much chance now. Anyway, before we recruit our next manager, we need to get our former head of recruitment, Paul Mitchell, the man who discovered Pochettino, back. I wouldn't trust Wilson and Reed to find another manager.

I'd have liked to see us get Nuno Espirito Santo but as it's reported he's turned down Everton, it doesn't look like there is much chance now. Anyway, before we recruit our next manager, we need to get our former head of recruitment, Paul Mitchell, the man who discovered Pochettino, back. I wouldn't trust Wilson and Reed to find another manager.
Wasn't part of the chat about Mitchell leaving Spurs (eventually) that he wanted to be a manager himself somewhere? Could kill two birds with one stone [emoji28]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Why the f*** do people want koeman back, a right snake and a right arrogant pri**

Arrogant snakes make good managers though ........ I don't like the way he left but to be honest he is by far the best of the available options at the moment

I wanted Chris Hughton in the close season and still the guy I would go with, very badly treated at Newcastle and done a good job at Brighton. My problem is though that the last 2 managers have been identikits, is this because they were appointed by the same guy or is someone else pulling the strings? In which case it will not matter who we appoint. The total arrogance is identical to Puel's and an unwillingness to try something different is killing us BUT if someone else is pull the strings who we appoint is academic.

Wasn't part of the chat about Mitchell leaving Spurs (eventually) that he wanted to be a manager himself somewhere? Could kill two birds with one stone [emoji28]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I read it in the context of being a club manager, in a CEO, or Les Reed role as opposed to first team coach etc.

Someone needs to untick the black box filter ‘free agent’ for our manager shortlist and maybe we’ll find there are a few decent options out there after all. Given that Les always has a beady cast over 4/5 could-be managers there shouldn’t be an issue replacing Pellegrino should there? Unless we are just cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rodgers, Tuchel, Ancelloti, Wildcard: Jokanovic

Tuchel remains the outstanding candidate from what I've read but he'll have his eyes on something better than us, and with immediate CL prospects I suspect.

Unless Gao's can convince him of the "project" , but I'm not holding my breath on that.

Only Rodgers interests me.

Why ?

Did well at Liverpool when he had Suarez but after was poor.

Tuchel remains the outstanding candidate from what I've read but he'll have his eyes on something better than us, and with immediate CL prospects I suspect.

Unless Gao's can convince him of the "project" , but I'm not holding my breath on that.

Why ?

Absolutely, a regular 20 goal a season striker makes any manager look good.

Honestly, right now we are a fairly unattractive proposition. A fixture list that makes a relegation scrap a distinct possibility, disinterested players who they is stuck with until at least January and the prospect that they will be forced to work with Les Reed's luvvies Black and Watson.

After the last two abysmal appointments, what is wrong with giving a 'lesser known' manager a chance? Maybe Dean Smith at Brentford, Lee Johnson at Bristol City, Slaviša Jokanović at Fulham? I would even take Giggs right now as at least we know he is likely to play an expansive / attacking style of football. He may even help with attracting some better quality players? I am fed up with the same names always being bandied about. If it would help, how about appointing Adkins as Director of Football (or something similar) to help the new guy settle in?

IMO, there is no way that Rodgers, Tuchel, Ancelotti, etc. would want to come to Saints. Ancelotti has already stated that he will only move to one of the 'top six' clubs.

Edited by SaltashSaint

Following the Puel disaster and the now this debacle with the new guy, we are no longer likely to be seen as a ‘stepping-stone’ for the next generation of hot managers to get to the elite. Same for players. The virtuous cycle has been reversed, due to poor retention and recruitment. Board level Ops figures must take the blame.

Giovanni van Bronckhorst‏

Really? :D

van Bronckhorst is a nice guy but not a real manager who can make a difference.

I expect Pellegrino will last this season, hopefully he will get some help from Les Reed in the next transfer period as the team desperately needs some creativity.

Why ?

Liverpool haven't come close to winning the league since he left. He'd be great for us. Of course he'd leave Celtic for us. They can't win the UCL, and he's already won everything else.

The Mail is claiming that Moyes will be going to West Ham after they sack Bilic today.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/moyes-to-be-offered-six-month-west-ham-deal/ar-AAus3sF?li=AA572I&ocid=spartandhp

The PL is just like a big recycle job at times. Same old failed managers just swapping jobs. Probably see Slaven Bilic end up at Stoke, Hughes at West Brom, Pulis at Burnley and Dyche at Everton before Christmas is over

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/moyes-to-be-offered-six-month-west-ham-deal/ar-AAus3sF?li=AA572I&ocid=spartandhp

The PL is just like a big recycle job at times. Same old failed managers just swapping jobs. Probably see Slaven Bilic end up at Stoke, Hughes at West Brom, Pulis at Burnley and Dyche at Everton before Christmas is over

For me Moyes to West Ham highlights the lack of decent options for clubs seeking a new manager. Failed at Man U. Failed in Spain. Got relegated with Sunderland. The W.Ham supporters probably can’t believe their luck.

After the last two abysmal appointments, what is wrong with giving a 'lesser known' manager a chance? Maybe Dean Smith at Brentford, Lee Johnson at Bristol City, Slaviša Jokanović at Fulham? I would even take Giggs right now as at least we know he is likely to play an expansive / attacking style of football. He may even help with attracting some better quality players? I am fed up with the same names always being bandied about. If it would help, how about appointing Adkins as Director of Football (or something similar) to help the new guy settle in?

IMO, there is no way that Rodgers, Tuchel, Ancelotti, etc. would want to come to Saints. Ancelotti has already stated that he will only move to one of the 'top six' clubs.

Strange how things work out - Bristol City fans were expecting Johnson to get the push last season as they seemed to be in freefall towards L1 at one stage. Jokanovic was trumpeted as a great prospect - possibly only on Saints Forum though - last season and things look pretty average at Fulham now. Dean Smith would surely struggle to 'win over ' our dressing room Billy Big-Bollix players.

As for Giggs - no.

Agree about Tuchel, & Ancelloti isn't even a starter as I see it. Strangely, I suspect Rodgers at the end of the season may want to get back into a real league, and in the absence of a Big 6 job landing in his lap (which isn't going to happen) we might be a possibility. Although I'm not convinced as to why he is considered any bettera prospect than say Martinez. If Rodgers did come to us then I suspect we'd be his "rehabilitation" in the EPL whilst he awaits an Arsenal, or Chelsea to give him (his ego) the chance in the CL again.

For me Moyes to West Ham highlights the lack of decent options for clubs seeking a new manager. Failed at Man U. Failed in Spain. Got relegated with Sunderland. The W.Ham supporters probably can’t believe their luck.

Bloody hell nearly choked on my coffee at the last bit WHU............f.....g quality.

AVB. Chinese season's just finished....

Isn't he regarded as a serial non achiever who loses the dressing room ?

I appreciate the Chelsea and Spurs jobs probably came too soon in his career, but has he done anything of note or gained a reputation for decent football since leaving these shores ?

Following the Puel disaster and the now this debacle with the new guy, we are no longer likely to be seen as a ‘stepping-stone’ for the next generation of hot managers to get to the elite. Same for players. The virtuous cycle has been reversed, due to poor retention and recruitment. Board level Ops figures must take the blame.

:mcinnes:

The Mail is claiming that Moyes will be going to West Ham after they sack Bilic today.

We could do worse.

Roy Keane or Nigel Pearson to knock the complacency out of our bunch of fairies

Good shout. Always liked Nasty Nige, and I think he could be the perfect bastard for us. Plus he did superbly setting up Leicester for that incredible season (especially in the sports science department).

Isn't he regarded as a serial non achiever who loses the dressing room ?

I appreciate the Chelsea and Spurs jobs probably came too soon in his career, but has he done anything of note or gained a reputation for decent football since leaving these shores ?

The Chelsea job came too soon, but last time I checked his win % at Spurs was on a par with Pochettino and I think the 3rd best of all time in terms of Spurs managers - they just struggled in the big games.

Enticed by the money over in China but he's still only 40 and would certainly be a lot bolder than this or the last manager.

Lander's HQ is in Shanghai too...not too far for Mr Jisheng to go for a chat with him...

Anyone who can get the best out of our attacking options, and who gets the fans excited again would get my vote. I love our club but that doesn't mean I love the sh*te being served up. I honestly would rather we scored more goals and were a bit more gung-ho at the back. At least we'd be entertained and get the adrenalin flowing again. My pulse rate has been higher walking to the ground.