NEXT manager

Heisenberg

If we follow the Les Reed pattern of only going for managers not at a club, then that leaves...

Koeman - too many bridges burnt?

Allardyce - goes against the 'Southampton Way' in every sense

Adkins - would be the fans' choice, but hasn't exactly set the world alight since he left us.

De Boer - No

Laurent Blanc - possible option

Luis Enrique - Would he?

https://www.transfermarkt.com/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik

Not alot out there, would we take Pardew back?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Wouldn't be first choice but worth a go until the end of the season. At least knows the club, has some respect for it - Pellegrino seems to have none. Has handled some relatively high profile players as well.

Given how close we came to (reportedly) appointing FDB in the summer I wouldn’t be surprised if we went for him. Who knows, he could even have been our first choice but chose Palace? We’d be done for sure if we appointed him although we do have the players to play his favoured 3-5-2.

Pretty slim pickings but if we could tempt Rogers from Celtic I’d be ok with that. If we want to guarantee survival than get Big Sam but that might set us back from any hope of being top six contenders in the short term.

If we follow the Les Reed pattern of only going for managers not at a club, then that leaves...

Koeman - too many bridges burnt?

Allardyce - goes against the 'Southampton Way' in every sense

Adkins - would be the fans' choice, but hasn't exactly set the world alight since he left us.

De Boer - No

Laurent Blanc - possible option

Luis Enrique - Would he?

https://www.transfermarkt.com/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik

Koeman could only return if Reed was sacked. Big Sam - will go to Everton but would sort us out. Adkins - loved him as manager but interim only for me.

How many PL managers outside the top six are playing attacking football not to many it's all about not getting beat for most of them.

As for big Sam we have a team players about as far removed from a Sam's ideal type of player as you could get I doubt he could get anything out of this squad.

Brendan Rodgers but it's too soon. Think it highly likely we could get him out of Celtic in the summer but not right now.

Unfortunately I don't think we can wait that long because Pellegrino is fu cking sh it.

good shout on both fronts.

Whoever it is can we please have some attacking football for a change.

Don't dislike Allardyce and I think he would keep us up but I don't really think he's a fit for us - I'd welcome Koeman back, thought he did a great job for us and can do another or even Nigel Adkins, at least we'd see some positive football.

Personally I'd like a UK manager this time and Eddie Howe or Chris Wilder would be my targets.

One thing is for sure, if the consensus is that MP isn't up to it then he needs to go ASAP to give the next person as much time as possible to put things right. Delaying only increases the pressure on the next guy.

Need to stop trying to be clever (i.e. cheap) and go for someone we really want, even if they are in a job...rather than someone available (unless it's Tuchel! - no chance though).

And get him now, so he has time to take a proper look before January. Don't see the point of an interim.

would do a lot better than the freak in charge now

Would he? he just got sacked by a side with a better squad than ours playing horrendous football.

While I think MoPe is well out of his depth the squad, like last season, is not good enough and needs a massive overhaul. We need more than just a manager change to turn things around. Who ever comes in is still going to struggle with our **** attacking options and Forster as our main keeper.

Would he? he just got sacked by a side with a better squad than ours playing horrendous football.

While I think MoPe is well out of his depth the squad, like last season, is not good enough and needs a massive overhaul. We need more than just a manager change to turn things around. Who ever comes in is still going to struggle with our **** attacking options and Forster as our main keeper.

yes, he would.

Koeman would be lucky to do much with this squad with no big CF and no Mane.

Maybe, but we’re not going to get many more points between now and January anyway, at least he knows the squad and the set up. Give us a better chance in the window of sorting the squad out.