Would you take Koeman back?

Bad Wolf

absolutely

I do not believe he wanted to leave and sign a new deal. The great Saints spin-machine went into action to ensure we all hated him

But now, his stock has fallen, He wont be getting that big job he wanted any time soon...maybe the Dutch national team?

but yes, have him (with his team) back tomorrow

Edited by Batman

absolutely

I do not believe he wanted to leave and sign a new deal. The great Saints spin-machine went into action to ensure we all hated him

But now, his stock has fallen, He wont be getting that big job he wanted any time soon...maybe the Dutch national team?

but yes, have him (with his team) back tomorrow

If they fell out about anything it was that Koeman did not want to sign a new deal and wanted to get to the following summer as a free man.

We were never going to let that happen and quite rightly.

He sacked his agent to force his move to Everton so I don't think it's fair to say he went there heartbroken and under protest after being torn away from his beloved Saints.

If they fell out about anything it was that Koeman did not want to sign a new deal and wanted to get to the following summer as a free man.

We were never going to let that happen and quite rightly.

He sacked his agent to force his move to Everton so I don't think it's fair to say he went there heartbroken and under protest after being torn away from his beloved Saints.

This. He knew he had done as much as he could at saints and figured he could achieve something with Everton's millions. He wasn't driven out of saints he left quite happily for a nice big salary.

The fact that this is a question is funny. Why isn’t there clamour for Pardew?

Have you not read the next manager thread? Pardew's name has come up a few times including one poster who claimed he knew and understood the club like he was some long term manager rather than being here for one season.

Whether we would or would not is irrelevant. There is no way he or any of our previous managers, especially those who like to be in total control of team affairs, would work under Les Reed again. He fell out with all of them. If, howver, Reed retires on his 65th birthday next month, I'm sure he and many other of our former coaching, scouting and admin staff would consider working here again. I'm not sure the success we had when Koeman was our manager was largely down to him, however. The players signed by our former head of recruitment, Paul Mitchell, the man I would like to see replace Reed, were the real key.

Simple answer would be "no"

Whilst life under Koeman was good in the beginning he inherited a pretty good squad and then did not seem to build on it. Yes, we sold players, our better players but we had good youth players emerging to take their place and money to spend... something he had Everton and we all now know how that has worked out.

If what we've read is true then I suspect bridges have been burnt. The last thing we need now is a war of nerves between a CEO & manager, remember the Rupert - 'Arry relationship.

Again from whats has been suggested, Koeman - though an improvement on MP no doubt - had some limitations highlighted whilst here such as aloof attitude, and disregard for younger players. Despite the good finishes we experienced some pretty lean runs under RK which some seem to have forgotten.

* I would welcome Koeman over Pellegrino though I would make sure he is not given the power to spend millions on transfers as he has done at Everton and I would insist he is significantly involved in developing a good strategy for the development of youth - not one that forces him to play unready younger players but also not one in which younger players are largely ignored.

* The only other former manager I would particularly welcome back would be Pochettino - though that is never going to happen...

>> Pardew was great in League One but has never been able to discover that at Premier League level and when things go wrong he gets down on himself and everyone else and it all falls apart.

>> Adkins was great at Championship level but didn't cut it in the Premier League.

>> Pearson was also better in the lower divisions than in the Premier League.

OK... actually I might possibly welcome wee Gordon Strachan back too...!

Even Jose Morinho would struggle to get this current crop of **** playing well....
Seriously?

The last manager got us to eighth and to a cup final with this "current crop". Since then we've added Lemina and Hoedt and last season's top scorer and a £50m CB back to fitness.

I reckon Mourinho, as one of the greatest managers alive, could get this current crop playing perfectly well. As could lots of other managers who aren't multiple League and Champions League winners.

No.

Just ****ing no.

Have we all forgotten the dismal, clueless run of form over Christmas where we were **** and many were calling for his head? He was saved by Long hitting the best form of his career, starting with a 4-0 defeat of Arsenal........

Koeman can **** off.

No.

Just ****ing no.

Have we all forgotten the dismal, clueless run of form over Christmas where we were **** and many were calling for his head? He was saved by Long hitting the best form of his career, starting with a 4-0 defeat of Arsenal........

Koeman can **** off.

Not keen then?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Would I take Koeman back?

No.

Given the state of the league at that time and especially the first season when we were still in the top 3 in January (I think), he grossly under-achieved. Had he not we would have had what Leicester had or been much closer and been set up much better to kick on.

I don't rate him as a manager; I did like the fact that he was a strict disciplinarian and he probably wouldn't play Redmond/Tadic/anyone else who was playing utterly ****.

Would I take Koeman back?

No.

Given the state of the league at that time and especially the first season when we were still in the top 3 in January (I think), he grossly under-achieved. Had he not we would have had what Leicester had or been much closer and been set up much better to kick on.

I don't rate him as a manager; I did like the fact that he was a strict disciplinarian and he probably wouldn't play Redmond/Tadic/anyone else who was playing utterly ****.

he was left with a squad that had lost a load of players. He did well to get a team together. IMO it was the board who failed us by not getting anyone in during the January transfer window to push on

Im a bit old fashioned tbf, poch is probably one of the best managers in the world right now, but he still jumped ship as soon as a better offer came along, and had no scruples about being announced an hour after NA was shown the door. I stand by my own personal opinion. Anyone who walks out on Saints should never be considered again. (Ala Hoddle)