Lee Marchant RIP

derry

I see in the Echo obituary notices that Lee Marchant a fellow Saints supporter has sadly died of cancer aged only 46. If it is the same Lee Marchant that I knew in 2009. He was as far as I know and Steve Grant would be able to confirm this, one of the founders of Saints Web going under the name Saintlee. I knew Lee when along with Nick Illingsworth and Save our Saints when all looked lost before Marcus appeared, we were trying to save at least part of the Club meeting politicians, Council and Messrs Crouch and McMenemy and Mike Osman.

Lee and Nick were involved in organising the events at St Mary's to try and raise money. I remember Lee as a really nice genuine man. He was taken long before his time. Rest in peace Lee mate.

Became friends with Lee around the time of the Liebherr takeover. Had many a good chats on Facebook and we met up a few times over a beer. So sad when I heard the news last week that he'd passed away. He was a genuinely smashing chap. RIP 'Saintlee' :(

For those of you not sure it is the same Saint Lee who used to be on here , he has been battling pancreatic cancer for the last two years very bravely , he was the guest of Kelvin at the club for a match last season as Kelvin is the president of the pancreatic cancer trust and Lee really enjoyed his evening and the club looked after him really well which was nice .

The funeral is at stoneham on Thursday with a few drinks after to toast him on his way bless him . Lovely guy will be sadly missed by many people including myself and a true saint

I got to know him quite well and found him a smashing chap with Saints very much a passion for him. It was Lee who uncovered Mike Wilde's presence on the forum which ended up with a few of us having a meeting with Wilde to see if we could persuade the 3 main protaganists (Lowe, Wilde and Crouch) to work together to save the club. That didn't happen but as things turned out it was a blessing in disguise. By all accounts he fought this terrible illness with great bravery which summed him up perfectly. Far too young to be taken, the club has lost a true fan and my condolences to his family.

Lee was the second of my friends taken by Cancer this year. I had got to know Lee from a distance and last met him in May of 2016 when he was working hard to get a business off the ground with a good friend in Eastliegh. He made the decision to forgo Chemo in order to have a better quality of life, and boy did he do that and how he fought so so hard.

His posts and updates of his good and bad days on Facebook were a source of inspiration to me and many others. A great friend stood by him and his family through all of that and I am heartbroken I cannot be at his funeral tomorrow.

Europe celebrates a Public Holiday for All Saints Day, and it was on that day that Lee was taken from us, and nothing could be more apt.

Lee was a true Saint, many will miss him. I am very lucky to have known him.

RIP Lee

Like many others on here I got to know Lee back in the dark times. I was supposed to go to a meeting that he was arranging with the prospective new owners but sadly, it didn't happen and I didn't get to meet him. He came across as a really decent guy and his passion for all things Saintly was there for all to see. RIP Lee.

RIP Lee, far too young, had a good few laughs in online and PM exchanges on the previous versions of this site. Came over as a thoroughly fair and decent chap who saw everyone who posted as a fellow Saints first and foremost regardless of personal opinion. Sincere condolences to his family and friends.