Torres looking for loan deal to Premier League

9-3

Fernando Torres apparently looking for loan deal to a Premier League Club in January.

We couldn't score goals last season, we can't score goals this season.

If we don't sign a proven goalscorer in January I feel we will struggle to remain in the Premier League.

People equating our lack of goals to a lack of 'good strikers' are missing the point. Gabbiadini and Austin are both capable of scoring goals (even if Austin's all round play is debatable). There is a possible case that we should sign a 'big number 9' type who might do better from crosses or hold up the ball better, but other than that I really don't think signing a new centre forward is the way to cure our scoring ills.

People equating our lack of goals to a lack of 'good strikers' are missing the point. Gabbiadini and Austin are both capable of scoring goals (even if Austin's all round play is debatable). There is a possible case that we should sign a 'big number 9' type who might do better from crosses or hold up the ball better, but other than that I really don't think signing a new centre forward is the way to cure our scoring ills.

Totally agree with you. The type of through-ball Gabbi thrives on is obvious to fans but apparently not to the rest of the team! In a top six side he'd net a hat full.

Bang on. We need someone with some creativity in the center to find Gabbiadini's runs and some pace out wide to have the option of a quick counter attack.

Fernando Torres apparently looking for loan deal to a Premier League Club in January.

If we don't sign a proven goalscorer in January I feel we will struggle to remain in the Premier League.

how is torres relevant?

Don't confuse the Torres of 2003-2010 with the Torres of late 2017.

He isn't the same and is no longer a prolific goalscorer.

Being saying it since Puel, spot on. Nothing to do with the squad, plenty of creativity there... it's the style of football

Exactly, we've had 2 good goal scorers available to us since game 1 but if the manager either doesn't pick them or set the team up to service them then guess what - no goals.

The argument for a no 9 is a good one and if we could get a Pelle replacement then fantastic but that's another debate - the squad we have right now has goals in it.

Completely agree. The problem is in midfield.

This has screw-up of legendary proportions written all over it.

He'll cost an absolute fortune and do absolutely nothing.

And all so Uncle Les can spin that he has control of the situation we are in.

Please, NO.

Puzzled as to how "Uncle Les" is involved in this, unless you've heard we've made Torres an offer?

And we’ve scored how many across the entire front line? Plus you cannot underestimate the effect a seasoned player with international credentials (and a decent football brain) can have on his younger peers.

I'm not making a case against Defoe. I think he's a wonderful player and good bloke. What he did for that sick child was incredible.

I'm simply making the point that he hasn't been "sorting for fun". If scoring for fun is a relative term used against our frontline then most of the league have been scoring for fun.