Graham Potter - managerial genius?

SaintJackoInHurworth

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but I haven't seen it...

I see that Graham Potter who played for Saints briefly back in the Souness era has been achieving a fair level of success in football management in Sweden:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41902664

I wonder if/when Pellegrino is sacked we might consider an approach? Maybe he can at least match his playing record for Saints (maybe even double the length of his association with the club?!)

Seriously, though, hats off to the guy for what he has achieved... and maybe at some stage he could be considered for a coaching job at the club (e.g. under 18s?)

I see that Graham Potter who played for Saints briefly back in the Souness era has been achieving a fair level of success in football management in Sweden:

I wonder if/when Pellegrino is sacked we might consider an approach? Maybe he can at least match his playing record for Saints (maybe even double the length of his association with the club?!)

Seriously, though, hats off to the guy for what he has achieved... and maybe at some stage he could be considered for a coaching job at the club (e.g. under 18s?)

"maybe at some stage he could be considered...under-18s"

:lol:

Are you so shît-scared to an express an opinion that this is the best you can muster.

I'd like to see him tested at a different level before we give him a high profile role at Saints. A couple of seasons at Garforth Town for example.

Personally not sure that's battle-hardened enough to take charge of the under-18s. Martin Hunter won't always be there to hold his hand.

Under 18s????

That’s a blood y insult actually -

God when will people stop thinking football is rocket science and only for big names .....

The last sentence of the OP sounds like a tongue-in-cheek comment. I hope it is, else it is utterly embarrassing.

I'd be prepared to give him a chance as manager, but only if we can't get Koeman, Adkins, Strachan, Redknapp, Allardyce, Peter Reid or Mick Wadsworth.

Edited by mrfahaji