You'll like this but not a lot!

Charlie Wayman

I've paid €24 to see Bordeaux v Marseille on Sunday, and as it was paired with the Rennes game, I paid another €3 to see that match. Unfortunately, Bordeaux are about as entertaining as we are at the moment.

I've also bought tickets for the league cup final, which is in Bordeaux this season for €35. That is in more expensive seats than I normally choose becuase the ends have been allocated for the finallists. Fans in the UK are being robbed blind.

I've paid €24 to see Bordeaux v Marseille on Sunday, and as it was paired with the Rennes game, I paid another €3 to see that match. Unfortunately, Bordeaux are about as entertaining as we are at the moment.

I've also bought tickets for the league cup final, which is in Bordeaux this season for €35. That is in more expensive seats than I normally choose becuase the ends have been allocated for the finallists. Fans in the UK are being robbed blind.

I wander over to see Bordeaux play too, from time to time. They are a bit sh1t but as you say the ticket prices are a lot cheaper then in the UK. This goes Europe wide, but if people are mug enough to pay ridiculous UK prices you can't blame clubs for charging it.

A couple of seasons ago I paid €10 to go and see Sporting Lisbon vs Braga. I had a great seat high up in the stand at the side of the pitch, half way between the half way line and penalty area and saw Sporting win 4-2. An absolute steal at that price. Although there was rather a lot of second hand smoke to deal with, as they haven't banned smoking in the stadiums in Portugal yet. Lisbon is a great city too, especially when it was November & the temperature was still @20 degrees!

Take a look at how much we are paying to watch every league goal at home, long suffering hardly describes it...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41914171

The Long suffering could go on for many years because he signed a new contract last year which will keep him here until he's 33. The tickets will help to pay for it. :lol:

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2016-07-21/long-signs-new-four-year-saints-contract

The fact we have the fifth most expensive season ticket in the league is ridiculous enough as it is - let alone the fact that we are, statistically, the worst value for money in the league given our goalscoring woes. Les and team should look at that and be embarrassed but, as others have said, whilst the fans keep coming nothing will happen.

How times have changed. When my Dad took me to see Boscombe at Dean Court in the 1950's it was 1/3d for him and 9d for me to go in. He could not afford to buy me any pies or programmes and we had to cycle from Oakdale in Poole and back. We used to race a neighbour, who also cycled, on the way home and often braved the rain to know that mother would have winkles ready for tea. Magic.

As I'm no longer a season ticket holder, I now get to about 10 games a season. I've not seen us score at St Mary's since Feb 4th when Gabbi scored vs West Ham (excluding the Cup Final at Wembley) and I've not seen us win since we beat Boro on 10th Dec 2016! I reckon I've spent about £250 going to League games since I last saw Saints score, which is pretty f*cking dire by anyone's standards. If Les said "give me an extra £31.82 & I'll guarantee you a goal at the next game you go to", I'd snap his hand off...

Edited by Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

One of my friends has a season ticket but hasn't seen us score for 7 months. In the last 13 home games, we've scored in 4 of them. He's only seen those where we've drawn blanks at a cost of over £500 on tickets and train fares.

One of my friends has a season ticket but hasn't seen us score for 7 months. In the last 13 home games, we've scored in 4 of them. He's only seen those where we've drawn blanks at a cost of over £500 on tickets and train fares.

Sure.

I’ve got a friend who goes to 5 away games and 4 home games a season and hasn’t seen us score for 13 years. Every game he goes to just happens to be a blank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sure.

I’ve got a friend who goes to 5 away games and 4 home games a season and hasn’t seen us score for 13 years. Every game he goes to just happens to be a blank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m assuming this is sarcasm but I can assure you it’s true. Fact is, we haven’t scored in almost 70 per cent. of our home games in the last 7 months and he’s been unlucky to miss the 4 where we’ve managed to find the net.

I’m assuming this is sarcasm but I can assure you it’s true. Fact is, we haven’t scored in almost 70 per cent. of our home games in the last 7 months and he’s been unlucky to miss the 4 where we’ve managed to find the net.

I think it may have been pony.

Bull**** , 13 years :lol:

How times have changed. When my Dad took me to see Boscombe at Dean Court in the 1950's it was 1/3d for him and 9d for me to go in. He could not afford to buy me any pies or programmes and we had to cycle from Oakdale in Poole and back. We used to race a neighbour, who also cycled, on the way home and often braved the rain to know that mother would have winkles ready for tea. Magic.