Alex McCarthy

9-3

Would you make a change now and bring in Alex McCarthy? Bearing in mind the tough matches we have coming up.

A difficult one.

Just feel that Fraser has lost all confidence and scared.

The supporters 'cheering' when he receives the ball doesn't help and surely he and David Watson can hear this.

If Alex came in he would have the supporters a massive support.

Once in, he would want to make a big impression.

Or is that Fraser signed a five year deal and the Club want to save face?

Would you make a change now and bring in Alex McCarthy? Bearing in mind the tough matches we have coming up.

A difficult one.

Just feel that Fraser has lost all confidence and scared.

The supporters 'cheering' when he receives the ball doesn't help and surely he and David Watson can hear this.

If Alex came in he would have the supporters a massive support.

Once in, he would want to make a big impression.

Or is that Fraser signed a five year deal and the Club want to save face?

If his confidence is poor then our fans giving him ironic cheers is hardly going to help. It might be worth giving McCarthy a go, but if he turns out to be no better or gets injured again - then what? Carry on giving ironic cheers to person trying their best to play the most difficult position in a professional football team in the toughest league in the world?

There's certainly no need for the crowd to be making his situation any worse. I wouldn't like to do my job in front of 30,000 people a week, no matter what I was paid, it's incredibly difficult to play at your best all the time. Surely everyone's played 5-a-side or school level football where you just inexplicably don't play nearly as well as you know you can for some time.

but his job is to play in front of 30 thousand people every week , not only that he gets paid more money in a week than we get in a year . Some goal keepers seem to go downhill and not recover , take Carson , one goal playing for England seemed to ruin his career. Although the ball did hit a divot and bounce over his foot !! If only Mcclaren had played James they might have qualified .......

Catching the ball cleanly seems to be a rare event for Forster this season so it's no wonder he got a cheer , perhaps if he had taken a bow or waved to the crowd he could had felt better . We can only hope the club has a decent sports mind doctor !

McCarthy has featured in a lot of training videos this week and with the rumour of 3-5-2 being deployed, it's probably the best time to give McCarthy a go.

yes, I wondered if his presence in most of the videos this week was an indication that he would be playing today. We will see in a few hours.

Fraser has not been great this season, there's no denying that. But his predicament has not been helped by the fact that we just cannot score goals. That just adds to the pressure, his mistakes are costing us, but if we could score a couple of goals a game perhaps those mistakes would be less costly.

If your attackers are not scoring and your goalkeepers not saving, you have an issue. Is easy to level blame at the door of the goalkeeper for losing points, but perhaps out attackers should take some responsibility as well.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I think MP needs to take Fraser out of the limelight for a bit. He was distraught walking to his car after the Burnley game (no i'm not a stalker). I think his confidence has hit rock bottom, and at the moment, i'm not sure he has the strength to beat his nerves and get through a game.

McCarthy has featured in a lot of training videos this week and with the rumour of 3-5-2 being deployed, it's probably the best time to give McCarthy a go. I remember him doing really well at the start of our cup run and played v well in our pre season friendlies.

I haven't seen the Burnley goal but they said on Solent that it wasn't Forster's fault.