Liverpool 3 Saints 0

St Chalet

Now THAT is the kind of ball our midfield should be playing. It’s so simple. Instead we feed it out side, slow it down and then swing in a high hopeful cross. This has 5 or 6 nil written all over it.

My first thought too.

How many times have we attempted a ball like that?

MoPe is incapable of setting a team up to attack.

The International break would have been an opportunity to replace the manager. The summer would have been an opportunity to buy Begovic + A true centre forward.

Instead we gave Forster a new contract and brought in MoPo.

giphy.gif

Any idea if they intend to stick with him till the end of the season or are they actively looking for a replacement now?

**** THIS, PELLEGRINO WAS **** IN EVERY TEAM HE MANAGED IN ARGENTINA AND HE IS NOW, CANT BELIEVE THIS TEAM

Don’t recall your insight at the time of the appointment, would have been interesting to hear as I couldn’t find much on his management time in Argentina.

Losing today is to be expected. Liverpool at home.. a lot of teams will get nothing. Unfortunately we've already squandered the "easier" games. This is what concerns me most.

Still only 2-0.

Pretty much. We are all getting upset but let's face we were all expecting a spanking today. It's not really about beating the big teams most teams in the league won't get a result against them. It's all about picking up results against the 13 other teams in our mini league something we haven't done this season.

Why do we continue to trot out the same formation with the same player makeup? It doesn't work with us. Just continually doing it expecting a different result is madness. Play 2 or 3 upfront, who cares if we get a little weaker in the back maybe we'll actually be on the front foot then. It will also change the way the opponent needs to attack us and defend us. Whats the downside, we lose 2-0 again? At least we tried something different. I'd play Gabbi and Austin upfront, Long offers nothing. If we don't score we can't win.

I admire your optimism.

You have to see these games as 'bonus' games. As someone has said it is against our relegation rivals we need to take the points. At least we know for sure now what our season is going to be about. The battle to stay up rather than all those unrealistic top 10 dreams.

Back in the 90's we were experts at staying up and we can be like that again. Come on you Saints !!!

Who was supposed to be following him ffs

Looks like the some on here are are getting their wish.. :(

Or it could be they were right and you were wrong? Couldn't possibly be that could it?

Everyone knows we have been playing **** for quite some time. Pointing it out doesn't mean people have an agenda.

Losing today is to be expected. Liverpool at home.. a lot of teams will get nothing. Unfortunately we've already squandered the "easier" games. This is what concerns me most.

Still only 2-0.

That's a crazy assessment. It didn't happen last year (a loss to Pool) - and even if a loss is expected you don't expect a limp performance like this - with absolutely no threat on the Liverpool goal apart from glimpses through Boufal and Bertrand.

Did anyone expect anything other than this?

4231 hasn’t worked all season and believe it or not, it’s not working today.

Davis is not a holding midfielder.

Tadic and Redmond offer no pace on the counter.

Long - whilst quick enough to get in behind the victims CBs offers **** all else

Let’s see if he changes it second half. 2 up top, 3 at the back, anything.... just don’t take Boufal off.

Is Shane Long actually playing? Haven't heard his name mentioned once on the radio except when the line up was announced!

Errr.... Something about running and pressure, good honest lad, popular in the dressing room, loyalty etc.

Don't worry about the score line he's a 'nightmare to play against' apparently.

Why the **** are people blaming Hoedt, Salah ran behind him on his blind side, it was Bertrand who was looking right at him and let him go.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

Didn’t see the replay enough to be sure, but surely as a CB you need to be aware of the strikers around you and get goalside of them? I would agree with you if Horst was marking someone else or being distracted by someone else, but he wasn’t.

Geez, that was painful viewing. What on earth Tadic was doing trying to dribble past players on the edge of our area. How long until we finally drop/sell that clown. Line-up was baffling again, we look clueless and lacking any belief. I think I'll have a snooze during the 2nd half instead.

I want thm to smash 6 or 7 now to confirm MoPe’s departure.

The game is already lost, need to find a silver lining...

Careful, GD may be the difference between 17th and 18th at the end of the season. The battle to stay up has only just started and the club needs to adopt that mentality.

I don't even care anymore.

I don’t blame you .....apathy has been getting closer towards the end of last season.

No entertainment watching Saints for a while now.

My father and I have been going since ‘75....my dad before actually.

Went through all the branfoot and wigley and Gray rubbish and this feels just as damn crap strangely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk