Liverpool 3 Saints 0

St Chalet

Spot on.

We’ve got a number of very good players, who are currently lacking confidence and / or motivation

No we have a bunch of average players. They could be set up much better to play to their strengths but this not a team of quality players Lemina aside our recruitment the last two summers hasn't been good enough which is,why the squad is where it is right now.

100% Ralph needs to get his finger out of his butthole and tell us fans why we should be happy with the club right now! We are sleepwalking to a bottom half finish or worse (we fans know what it looks like FFS), two seemingly sh!t managers in a row. Really rubbish football under both our last managers who Les has said are absolutely what we needed. Squad not good enough or not mentally tough enough (so much for all the horse**** due diligence into character), academy going backwards. Total lack of bottle from the club’s leadership right now!

Allardyce finished below us in the Championship with arguably a better squad.

You are, without a doubt, one of the most clueless posters here.

His squad wasn’t better though was it... look what Lallana, Morgan, Lambert and Fonte went compared to Mark Noble, Kevin Nolan and Carlton Cole.

Nigel is a nice bloke, but he’d be better suited to our youth set up, rather than coming in to turn and turn this sinking ship around.

Long term Sam isn’t the answer, but he’d keep us up this year... Adkins most certainly wouldn’t.

Totally inept. Lightweight, lacking endeavour, no cutting edge, no tactical nous, no desire, no shots on goal. No case for keeping Pellegrino unless he changes the formation. And then just to rub salt in the wound, we will not even have Romeu in midfield against Everton. What do we do if Lemino is still out?

Allardyce finished below us in the Championship with arguably a better squad.

You are, without a doubt, one of the most clueless posters here.

I wouldn't want Allardyce. But I think it's a fair argument that at least in terms of results, he has a better record than Adkins, even allowing for West Ham finishing below us in the Championship.

People need to stop all this nonsense with comparing Pellegrino to a handful of names that everyone knows. Just because Adkins and Allardyce don't fit the bill doesn't mean there isn't anyone. If it was my job to find a manager I'm pretty sure I could find a number of good candidates.

Liverpool less creative with Coutino and Mane off the pitch, but it was too late by then. We were outclassed all over the pitch.

It was like this towards the end of Puel's management, we still don't know how to attack effectively and are now weak in midfield.

First goal tadic was terrible. Undid all the work of being organised that we'd put in to nullify them for first 20 minutes by a moment of stupidity.

Third goal forster was terrible palming it right onto penalty. Hope that isn't what he is being coached to do.

Only relief is that there are so many poor sides in the league.

Next week vs everton is going to be huge. Think Pellegrino will hang on till then but if he comes out of that without a positive result & display of some description his days will be numbered.

Just showed the lack of quality compared to Liverpool. Even the commentators said we are likely to be sucked into relegation position now with our upcoming fixtures. We just cannot loose all our best players and stay where we were before. With VVD going in January looks like championship football next season folks.

I can't understand this mentality. You'd actually have to think everyone is playing as well as possible to believe. I mean...christ.

I

Any half reasonable manager could get this squad to 50 points. We have no fight or passion, no urgency, take no risks, refuse to attack and have the majority of the squad all way, way off form. Yet the key is to sign more players and not actually focus on solving the issues. We can bench our expensive isolated striker and play another expensive isolated striker? Ditch Boufal and play another no10 in a defensive wide position every 3rd game and then moan about him? Another CB to swap in and out each week?

No doubt another manager might get a bit more out of them we could certainly make more of the limited talent we have ( like Burnley or Watford) but you must be blind if you think this squad is in any way as good as the one under Koeman you (and a fair few others TBF) refused to accept that last season and by the looks of it you still are.

Just showed the lack of quality compared to Liverpool. Even the commentators said we are likely to be sucked into relegation position now with our upcoming fixtures. We just cannot loose all our best players and stay where we were before. With VVD going in January looks like championship football next season folks.

Cheaper tickets, less JCLs and a more interesting league all round...bring it on

Why are people upset by this result ? Have failed to beat most of the poor teams in the league this season so not likely to get anything off the better sides.

At what point does being repeatedly punched in the face become acceptable and stop anyone being a bit miffed at the situation?

Why are people upset by this result ? Have failed to beat most of the poor teams in the league this season so not likely to get anything off the better sides.

It's not the result, it's the performance. Didn't expect to win but a bit of fight, a goal, even a hint of looking like scoring might soften the blow. We got none of these.

Nature of the defeat, we’re like a dog trying to escape from a garden by butting into a piece of wood, never noticing that there is an open gate further down the fence. Surely they look at match videos and see how isolated the striker is, see how ponderous we are, see the lack of movement, see the high crosses don’t work, see that failure to close down a striker leaves us vulnerable, see that midfielders not going into the box to get a second ball, etc etc. isn’t working.

what is the point of your post. So when is acceptable to be upset?

Also it’s more than just the win or lose factor, but the performances. You can lose to the rich clubs and still be relatively pleased if the performance was good/entertaining.

Losing at Anfield is hardly a reason to start flapping.we need 9 points from Everton, Bournemouth, Leicester and Huddersfield, assuming we get nothing from the big boys. If we’re around bottom 3 after Palace then they’ll have a big decision to make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Losing at Anfield is hardly a reason to start flapping.we need 9 points from Everton, Bournemouth, Leicester and Huddersfield, assuming we get nothing from the big boys. If we’re around bottom 3 after Palace then they’ll have a big decision to make.

Lol. 9pts??? We have to score first, oh and stop opponents from shooting the ball either side of FF. We’d be lucky to get 3 out if that lot.

Gordon Strachan, short term until end of the season. He never put up with this propaganda football as he called it.

Would get the players fit, would make them work and would play to win a bloody match unlike this idiot.

Quite like this idea as there is no-one who we would want permanently available - i was against sacking until today - with no shots on target and no real fight in the team - it needs someone like Strachan to sort them out quickly. Need a change before Saturday or we will get turned over before having to go to City.

But why wait until that could happen? He's shown he's not up to it. Keeping him on the basis that he's done just enough to avoid being in a relegation scrap is not good enough.

And if we end up losing those games, then the new manager has got his work cut out to keep us up.

Wrong team. Wrong tactics.

If Lemina isn't fit next week, we're in deep doodah.

Redmond must go, probably Tadic too.

That was as pathetic a Saints performance as I've seen in a long time, ad the manager is responsible.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

But why wait until that could happen? He's shown he's not up to it. Keeping him on the basis that he's done just enough to avoid being in a relegation scrap is not good enough.

And if we end up losing those games, then the new manager has got his work cut out to keep us up.

Yeah possibly. I think there’s a lot of dross in this league, us included. Basically anyone below Burnley could end up down there and I don’t think it’s the manager, I think the front 4 in any combo isn’t up to it. So changing the manager might be the answer it might not. Glad I’m not the one making that call tbh. [emoji51]