Liverpool 3 Saints 0

St Chalet

What's it going to take for this useless manager to try a different tactic? Nothing to lose against Liverpool, so he should've gone 3-5-2. Instead he tries the same old tactics, and what a surprise we're losing.

I don't think it would make much difference. We are outclassed and morale is low. Why though?

Or it could be they were right and you were wrong? Couldn't possibly be that could it?

Everyone knows we have been playing **** for quite some time. Pointing it out doesn't mean people have an agenda.

The post was about the lack of marking of Salah...

I merely said some who were actually hoping we get stuffed are getting their wish

hth

The good news is West Brom and Swansea are losing. Believe it or not, there are worse teams than us in this league.

Trouble is they will probably replace their manager (who knows if that will have a positive impact), we won’t...

What's it going to take for this useless manager to try a different tactic? Nothing to lose against Liverpool, so he should've gone 3-5-2. Instead he tries the same old tactics, and what a surprise we're losing.
This is what does my head in most. For the last few years we've played the exact same formation and looked less and less dangerous.

The International break would have been an opportunity to replace the manager. The summer would have been an opportunity to buy Begovic + A true centre forward.

Instead we gave Forster a new contract and brought in MoPo.

giphy.gif

This Chinese takeover has only been about Kat maximising her bank balance. We’re heading towards a relegation battle. If Mr Gao Jisheng wants to protect his investment, he urgently needs to make changes to the first team management.

Total days since we won in the league against a top 6 side (558 days ago)

The Southampton way

I've just got in from a lunchtime pint, and a quick perusal of the match thread confirms that, once again, you've descended with glee like a vulture on a corpse or a fly on a steaming turd. Just **** off, would you please?

I don’t blame you .....apathy has been getting closer towards the end of last season.

No entertainment watching Saints for a while now.

My father and I have been going since ‘75....my dad before actually.

Went through all the branfoot and wigley and Gray rubbish and this feels just as damn crap strangely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least under Branfoot we looked like we were trying to score. He is starting to look ok in comparison.

From the moment I heard the team, I knew that we would struggle. Why a further episode of Redmond, Tadic and Boufal? Too lightweight in the midfield and not enough up front. When will Pellegrino wake up to two up front and at least give us a bit more chance of scoring a goal? And Long up front by himself? When was the last time he scored? Or is he there solely because he has the pace to match Mane? The game was crying out for 3-5-2, which would have shut down the midfield and allowed a stronger defence when tracking back and more impetus going forward.

I suspect that Pellegrino will wait until the 80th minute before he decides to make the tactical changes that equate to the last throw of the dice, the game having been long lost.

I do hope that Reed has already been making plans for Pellegrino's successor whilst there is still time to turn the season around. What exactly is wrong with Lemina and how much longer will he be out?

Why do we continue to trot out the same formation with the same player makeup? It doesn't work with us. Just continually doing it expecting a different result is madness. Play 2 or 3 upfront, who cares if we get a little weaker in the back maybe we'll actually be on the front foot then. It will also change the way the opponent needs to attack us and defend us. Whats the downside, we lose 2-0 again? At least we tried something different. I'd play Gabbi and Austin upfront, Long offers nothing. If we don't score we can't win.

As evidenced by the manager interviews in the last week, he thinks this is working. This is how he wants us to be and thus sees no need to change. Everyone else must see it, but the one guy who can do something about it does not. Hopefully Les Reed won't let pride get in the way of changing things before the end of the year. It's not working and there are no signs of it working.

Total days since the last time you weren't called a ****,

In the delivery room:

“Holy **** look at that ****!”

“Umm Dr. You should know better to use the medical term “vagina”, but yes there has been some tearing.

“Actually I was referring to the baby”

“Baby Heisenberg, what a cute name”

This Chinese takeover has only been about Kat maximising her bank balance. We’re heading towards a relegation battle. If Mr Gao Jisheng wants to protect his investment, he urgently needs to make changes to the first team management.

She played an absolute blinder. Talk about finding a sucker.

I think it's fair to say Liverpool are a bit better than us. Their attack is Salah, Mane, Firmino and Coutinho. Our is, uh, Shane Long.

Both goals pretty soft. Tadic predictably dawdling on the ball, and Forster predictably beaten from outside the area not moving his feet.

The second goal was poor from everyone. Coutinho had all day to pick a pass in behind, Van Dijk for some reason was five yards ahead of the defensive line, Hoedt had no idea where Salah was, Bertrand couldn't be bothered tracking the inside run.

All very routine for Liverpool, unfortunately. We have no goal threat, the Romeu-Davis midfield axis is continually overrun (as it is every time they're paired) and concede very soft goals.

This game's over. By Christmas our Premier League status could be headed the same way. There's no obvious thin sliver of hope to even cling to. Unless Josh Sims is going to come back from injury as Leo Messi.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I've just got in from a lunchtime pint, and a quick perusal of the match thread confirms that, once again, you've descended with glee like a vulture on a corpse or a fly on a steaming turd. Just **** off, would you please?

Good post but he wont go anywhere with "trigger" pushing him on

From the moment I heard the team, I knew that we would struggle. Why a further episode of Redmond, Tadic and Boufal? Too lightweight in the midfield and not enough up front. When will Pellegrino wake up to two up front and at least give us a bit more chance of scoring a goal? And Long up front by himself? When was the last time he scored? Or is he there solely because he has the pace to match Mane? The game was crying out for 3-5-2, which would have shut down the midfield and allowed a stronger defence when tracking back and more impetus going forward.

I suspect that Pellegrino will wait until the 80th minute before he decides to make the tactical changes that equate to the last throw of the dice, the game having been long lost.

I do hope that Reed has already been making plans for Pellegrino's successor whilst there is still time to turn the season around. What exactly is wrong with Lemina and how much longer will he be out?

I'd still love to see a team goal/assist stat for when Tadic / Boufal play together at the same time.

I'd rather Tadic makes way for JWP for a few games.

Think he’s way out of his depth and just doesn’t have the confidence or knowhow to change it.

That's a crazy assessment. It didn't happen last year (a loss to Pool) - and even if a loss is expected you don't expect a limp performance like this - with absolutely no threat on the Liverpool goal apart from glimpses through Boufal and Bertrand.

We didn't threaten Liverpool in the league last season the game at home we didn't have a shot on target iirc. We've been toothless for ages how could you not expect another limp performance after months of limp performances?

This team is desperately searching for an identity. It won't get one solely on the manager attempting to create harmony in the squad. You need the personality to manage players earning millions a year, the tactical awareness to instill a style of play and belief in your players and the coaching ability to impress it on the players.

As it stands I am not sure what Pellegrino is bringing to this football club. That's not to absolve the players of any blame of of course, but they need coaching and it seems to me like they either aren't or don't believe in what they are being asked to do - and it shows.

Bottom 3 in the New Year beckoning, so sad, losing all hope

Hang on, remember out great fight backs in the 90's. Its far to early to speak like this. The mistake was the complacency shown in the last two years. Why the club did not think we could be drawn into a relegation fight shows breath taking arrogance.

I don’t blame you .....apathy has been getting closer towards the end of last season.

No entertainment watching Saints for a while now.

My father and I have been going since ‘75....my dad before actually.

Went through all the branfoot and wigley and Gray rubbish and this feels just as damn crap strangely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why did you alway b*tch and moan about Adkins then?

So depressing, same **** every week and the likes of Burnley and Bournemouth doing really well.

I can’t tell if you’re on a wind up, but Bournemouth are as it stands level on points with us..... they’ll no doubt be ahead of us after we play them in 2 weeks time