Liverpool 3 Saints 0

St Chalet

Wrong team. Wrong tactics.

If Lemina isn't fit next week, we're in deep doodah.

Redmond must go, probably Tadic too.

That was as pathetic a Saints performance as I've seen in a long time, ad the manager is responsible.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I’m trying to think of a worse Saints league performance since we returned to the PL...I’m struggling to come up with one.

DO7v7pnXUAEH6Gc.jpg

Completely clueless.

I mean what is he watching? I watched the stream and it was a completely turgid, inept performance. I suppose he has to say this to try and save himself but my God he's out of his depth here. Do the right thing Les, please.

I genuinely wouldn't object to Strachan until the end of the seaosn. 4-4-2, bombing in the crosses for.... well, no one. But it'll definitely generate a feel good factor and give some of the underperforming lot a much needed kick up the ass.

Oh, and the interviews would be worth watching.

I genuinely wouldn't object to Strachan until the end of the seaosn. 4-4-2, bombing in the crosses for.... well, no one. But it'll definitely generate a feel good factor and give some of the underperforming lot a much needed kick up the ass.

Oh, and the interviews would be worth watching.

Exactly this. He wouldn't take any sh!t from moping Bertrand or VVD.

The only problem would be bringing in Paul Telfer.

I’m trying to think of a worse Saints league performance since we returned to the PL...I’m struggling to come up with one.

It was just the manner in which we set up for me - no adventure or shots on target yet we still picked a team that was at least notionally attacking (Redmond, Boufal and Tadic) - we were always on a hiding to nothing, never going to score enough to get anything (as we can't score) but we didn't set up defensively enough for a point. I'd love to know what he thought/hoped would happen after picking that team because personally I couldn't see anything more than the hiding we dutifully received.

At least we've put the theory that MP might get us a few good results against the big teams to bed. He's as incompetent against those teams as he is against the ones we should be beating.

I haven't disliked a manager as much as Pellegrino since Burley and we've had some serious sh*t in that time.

Yeah possibly. I think there’s a lot of dross in this league, us included. Basically anyone below Burnley could end up down there and I don’t think it’s the manager, I think the front 4 in any combo isn’t up to it. So changing the manager might be the answer it might not. Glad I’m not the one making that call tbh. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, but I can't help but feel the way we play, particularly the way we attack, doesn't help our players. The reason why Allardyce is successful is because he finds ways to best utilise his players, or he finds players to best fit how he wants to play. Allardyce is an example, but Silva has done that at Watford, Dyche has done it at Burnley, Hodgson seems to be gradually improve Palace too. I think our lack of pace does restrict our options somewhat, but I still think there are ways to get our forward line working at least better than it is now.

Watford at home? They're probably on a par I guess. Watford came with a plan and we were hopeless. Once our plan against Liverpool fell apart (i.e. they scored), we were hopeless.

Hopeless is actually the perfect word, because in the second half in both games I didn't even have hope that we would turn the game we were that inept.

You cannot play with 2 flaky players like Tadic and Boufal in the same team. Tadic did a schoolboy error by walking the ball across the front of our box for their first goal.

Long with Austin/Gabbi up front. The manager is ppalling and sadly the atmosphere at St Marys next week will quickly become toxic.

Everton need to attack from the first minute and try to get a goal, then the crowd will turn and go into meltdown.

What an absolute joke. Right now based on form I'd say we were bottom 3, most of the teams who will be our relegation rivals at least look like they can score whereas we cannot. Palace certainly look better than us, so do Bournemouth.

This manager has destroyed the team, he's dismantled our scoring threat by continuously ignoring our best goal scorers which in turn has destroyed morale throughout the rest of the team. Had Charlie Austin been played earlier (as Puel did to be fair to him) up front with Gabbi we'd be nowhere near where we are now IMO (and I don't give a toss if he doesn't run around like a headless chicken just as long as he scores). He needs a run of games!!!!

MP goes into games not thinking about how to win but how to not concede. Winning doesn't even seem to come into his head. Yet again he started with 1 up front and the guy who was up there hasn't scored in months. From the 1st second he was broadcasting to everyone that he wasn't the slightest bit interested in winning, his ambition was 0-0. When will it sink into his thick head that this isn't working? It's sucking the life out of everyone.

Over the course of the season you can see that the players heads have dropped and I don't blame them, it must be sapping having to play for a manager that has no intention of scoring goals. All the blabbering on here about the team not being good enough - it is good enough but it is being strangled by the worst manager we've had since Branfoot.

TBH I've been wanting him out for a month now, it was looking pretty obvious back in Oct that he hasn't got a clue. Why are we wasting vital matches with this dead man walking? Even if the new guy lost the next 6 at least they'd be able to take stock before the Jan transfer window.

Personally I'd like to see a British manager with a positive approach but TBH I'm starting to think that even no manager is better than this guy, he's toxic.

All the blabbering on here about the team not being good enough - it is good enough but it is being strangled by the worst manager we've had since Branfoot.

same players were serving up exactly the same **** last season too. That front four or five are ****.

I thought we looked okay in the first 10-15 minutes. We pressed high and moved the ball better...... albeit without creating.

Then we reverted to type. We could still be playing now and we wouldn't have had a meaningful shot.

The players we have are individually better than the points we have....... we're basically underperforming, without a clear identity and set up without any cutting edge.

Just listened to MoPes interview......he does not sound like a man who has a single clue what to do. I cannot picture him inspiring change in the players.

You cannot play with 2 flaky players like Tadic and Boufal in the same team. Tadic did a schoolboy error by walking the ball across the front of our box for their first goal.

Long with Austin/Gabbi up front. The manager is ppalling and sadly the atmosphere at St Marys next week will quickly become toxic.

Everton need to attack from the first minute and try to get a goal, then the crowd will turn and go into meltdown.

Add Redmond to that list as well.

I said last season that Tadic, Boufal & Redmond should not be on the pitch at the same time, and we've done nothing to change it or improve upon them.We're far too weak with those lightweight F^ckers.

No we have a bunch of average players. They could be set up much better to play to their strengths but this not a team of quality players Lemina aside our recruitment the last two summers hasn't been good enough which is,why the squad is where it is right now.

Just thinking, if we had Mane and Salah instead of Redmond and Tadic we would arguably be a better team than Liverpool. Before the usual crowd start saying there is no way they would come here / we could afford them etc. etc. it's not as though that is not possible - if we sold VVD for £70M, then both could be financed. Mane was with us already (and only sold for cira £34M) and may have staid if we offered him what Liverpool do in wages (Liverpool are not the highest payers, so maybe twice what he was on with us?) and offered some ambition. Salah was sold as his previous club was made an offer they could not refuse (again around £34M) and had we offered the same before Liverpool we could have got him. As for wages, you would think we could have shifted Redmond and Tadic for £10M each in today's market, and add to that wages of these two and VVD, and easily enough for 2 to 3 years.

Anyway, this is just an example - my main point being that it's whoever is doing the player recruitment that is responsible for our current dilemma, we are investing in dross and yet spending the same amount - they need be axed now!! Yes the manager has a part to play, but minor compared to player recruiter, and he is possibly the same person who hires the manager as well - Les said the better! New owners better act soon, unless they can afford to p*ss away £200M.

Speaks volumes that some of the players look as if they couldnt care less. They have given up on the manager and for the most part i dont blame them. The system we play is so restrictive and just smothers any creative spark. To mention one player in particular, Bertrand looks completely uninterested and somebody who is trying to avoid injury ahead of a january transfer. Worrying times

Just thinking, if we had Mane and Salah instead of Redmond and Tadic we would arguably be a better team than Liverpool. Before the usual crowd start saying there is no way they would come here / we could afford them etc. etc. it's not as though that is not possible - if we sold VVD for £70M, then both could be financed. Mane was with us already (and only sold for cira £34M) and may have staid if we offered him what Liverpool do in wages (Liverpool are not the highest payers, so maybe twice what he was on with us?) and offered some ambition. Salah was sold as his previous club was made an offer they could not refuse (again around £34M) and had we offered the same before Liverpool we could have got him. As for wages, you would think we could have shifted Redmond and Tadic for £10M each in today's market, and add to that wages of these two and VVD, and easily enough for 2 to 3 years.

Anyway, this is just an example - my main point being that it's whoever is doing the player recruitment that is responsible for our current dilemma, we are investing in dross and yet spending the same amount - they need be axed now!! Yes the manager has a part to play, but minor compared to player recruiter, and he is possibly the same person who hires the manager as well - Les said the better! New owners better act soon, unless they can afford to p*ss away £200M.

Player recruitment has been poor the last 2 years but we still have a very good squad. A good manager would have us top half this season easy with those players at their disposal. Unfortunately we dont have a good manager and that cant be hard for the board to see

No they aren’t - Puel wasn’t the right man for us just because we’ve managed to appoint a significantly inferior manager doesn’t make wanting a poor manager sacked look “silly”.

It does actually. Just like Nicholl -> Br*nf**t, Luggy -> Wigley, and Pearson -> Poortvliet did.

God it's chronic at the moment. Ever since the cup final really we've been pretty dire and I'm just so bored. Even the wins in that time haven't exactly been what you'd call exciting.

It's almost like when we lost Fonte, and in doing so lost the last member of a team who had so much togetherness with each other and the fans, that we've lost our identity.

At this point if I was a neutral I'd be picking us to go down. There's time to turn it round obviously, but it needs to happen quickly.

I left home at 05:30 this morning and I've just walked in the door now, 01:04. For what? A bunch of way anchors that couldn't be bothered to acknowledge the fans, save 5 or 6 that made a half hearted effort. **** me the little darlings didn't like Puel keeping on at them . I'd get Fat Sam in just to rattle their ****ing cages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today was everything I feared and more. MP is clearly a massive ****ing idiot as he keeps on doing the same things yet expects a different outcome. City could well embarrass us, the good old days of 5/6-0 are not far away.

Nature of the defeat, we’re like a dog trying to escape from a garden by butting into a piece of wood, never noticing that there is an open gate further down the fence. Surely they look at match videos and see how isolated the striker is, see how ponderous we are, see the lack of movement, see the high crosses don’t work, see that failure to close down a striker leaves us vulnerable, see that midfielders not going into the box to get a second ball, etc etc. isn’t working.

No they dont at all ...

That’s the reason why the management are clueless completely .....

They are inept and should go

1st goal - woeful by Tadic (as usual)

2nd goal - Hoedt had no idea where salah was. Just too easy

3rd goal - forster blocks it INTO the middle of the box, bit harsh to single him out but their player was free to whack it in

our only highlight was a set-piece!!

1st goal - woeful by Tadic (as usual)

2nd goal - Hoedt had no idea where salah was. Just too easy

3rd goal - forster blocks it INTO the middle of the box, bit harsh to single him out but their player was free to whack it in

our only highlight was a set-piece!!

VvD plays his part in that second goal. It doesn't happen if he stays in position.

He was badly out of position claiming a free kick. Very poor.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Looked very casual in approaching that and not staying in position

Forster brilliant assist for them for the third. Is his strategy to use his chest from now on? Absolute garbage

But that is FF at his best, he'll make blocks but not saves, using any part of his anatomy other than his hands. This has been his way even at his best.

I was at Anfield yesterday and it was horrific. We were never in the game. We never competed. It was like men against boys. Liverpools defence will not have an easier game all season. The score could have been anything Liverpool wanted it to be, but thankfully they went easy on us second half. It was honestly like a training match for Liverpool at times. Utterly clueless from manager and coaching staff. Tactics? Desire? Passion? All sadly lacking. This season has all the signs of our relegation season in 2005. I for one wouldnt even care if we went down, just bored of it all now

I mean what is he watching? I watched the stream and it was a completely turgid, inept performance. I suppose he has to say this to try and save himself but my God he's out of his depth here. Do the right thing Les, please.

Is Les Reed going to damage himself as he is the utter clueless tosser who got us into this mess? He bought £30 m X 3 tossers that Gao wants to offload in Jan and NOBODY HAS A PROBLEM WITH LES REED! Thick yokels we have said Yoda. ******s love Les Reed.

Watford looked decent this morning under Silva. Richarlison and Kiko Femenia give them plenty of pace down the flanks and get forward a lot, and never afraid to take their man on. They also have Will Hughes in midfield who is an excellnet progressive player. I am pretty sure it's the way Pellegrino wants us to play, but unfortunately instead of Richarlison and Kiko Femenia we have Tadic and Redmond. So the tactical approach doesn't work for us as they are lightweight ball recyclers with no pace. So the tactics need to be different - but they never are - so Pellegrino has to go.

Watford looked decent this morning under Silva. Richarlison and Kiko Femenia give them plenty of pace down the flanks and get forward a lot, and never afraid to take their man on. They also have Will Hughes in midfield who is an excellnet progressive player. I am pretty sure it's the way Pellegrino wants us to play, but unfortunately instead of Richarlison and Kiko Femenia we have Tadic and Redmond. So the tactical approach doesn't work for us as they are lightweight ball recyclers with no pace. So the tactics need to be different - but they never are - so Pellegrino has to go.

So Watford looked decent playing the way you say Pellegrino wants to play, but you say the problem is the players we have. Chez (in a post above) also thinks the front five players are crap. The football has been boring under Puel and is even les effective under Pellegrino.

So maybe we are too ready to blame the manager when it is the players who are just plain mediocre, when mediocre might be ok in Holland, France or Belgium but it just isn't anywhere near enough in this league. Maybe there isn't a system that will deliver good results plus entertainment in this league with these players.

I believe we are now witnessing the absolute disappearance of any vestiges of Pottechino's time here. Koeman presided over a steady decline in fitness, the windows progressively have seen a weakening of the squad, the Academy is now pretty much worthless, and we are left with poorly motivated players, some of whom seem to have attitude issues, while the dressing room is probably pervaded by a dismal atmosphere. Southampton is the new Sunderland who are proof that it doesn't matter what manager you have if the players don't give a sh*t, or just don't have the necessary grit and ability.

I doubt Pellegrino is the right man, not necessarily because he is a poor tactician, but because he sounds far too 'nice'. His tactics are being made to look worse by players who lose interest, focus and determination after 15 minutes. I'm no Allardyce fan but these players need sorting out, as does recruitment; we have bought too many fancy-dan, tricky-dicky players from, it seems, Les Reed watching Youtube videos compiled by player's agents.