Mauricio Pellegrino: In or Out?

Bad Wolf

Should He Stay or Should He Go?  

508 members have voted

1. 1. Should He Stay or Should He Go?

Make no mistake, we will be relegated if he stays much longer. Then we'll have to watch most our squad leave and actually perform well elsewhere.

They need to act now. Weeks ago in fact. And they need to get this decision right. Not another negative clown who can't decide on his best team or style.

Someone, anyone FFS just energise this squad. Sell VVD, give them a big transfer fund, shoot Tadic, and let's play some football again.

Stop wetting your knickers - there are three sides worse than us.

I don't think we will sack him yet. It will drag on and on. He'll have to lose four or five in a row, ie get to the point where he is crying out to be sacked, before they'll even think about it.

The club will not admit it has made a mistake, plus they will clearly will have no idea who to replace him with.

In a way there is logic there - appointing someone now is going to be fraught with compromise so they will do anything they can to avoid it.

So will he be sacked or not?

That costs money, so probably not.

Ironically, it has cost us more to appoint and sack 2 pretty average managers, than what it would have to just give Koeman the pay rise he wanted (and at the time) deserved...... well played les, well played

Has to go now.

Get that ex-Dortmand guy in, and spend a few ££ in January.

I was dubious whether we had really turned a corner since Everton.....it seems we haven't.

Please Mr Gao give him the Spanish Archer asap.

(Wonder if he'll resign in fact?)

Has to go now.

I was dubious whether we had really turned a corner since Everton.....it seems we haven't.

We have improved but we have 2 points from 12 to show for it. Hardly inspiring is it.

The latest fall out with Hoedt shows something isn’t working. Has to go now but Les won’t do it until we are really in the poo.

Has to go now.

I'd take Bosz. The only concern is he was dreadful at Dortmund. Teams sussed out their weakness, that they played with a suicidal high defensive line, and he failed to fix it.

On the other hand, what he achieved at Ajax with a young squad is the model we supposedly want to follow.

I don't think we will sack him yet. It will drag on and on. He'll have to lose four or five in a row, ie get to the point where he is crying out to be sacked, before they'll even think about it.

The club will not admit it has made a mistake, plus they will clearly will have no idea who to replace him with.

In a way there is logic there - appointing someone now is going to be fraught with compromise so they will do anything they can to avoid it.

Agree.

I think if we lose to Chelsea then the Huddersfield game became massive. Lose that and he's gone.

I think if we lose to Chelsea then the Huddersfield game became massive. Lose that and he's gone.

The consequences of that would be disastrous. If we lose the next 2 we really are running out of points as our fixtures only get harder. Why not give a new manager a winnable game at home to Hudds to start?

So will he be sacked or not?

Strongly doubt it. I think we have him for the season with the possible exception of a late press of the panic button if we are in the bottom 3 with a few matches left. My good god what an awful appointment he's turned out to be.

The consequences of that would be disastrous. If we lose the next 2 we really are running out of points as our fixtures only get harder. Why not give a new manager a winnable game at home to Hudds to start?
If it comes to it then we have a potentially crucial run of fixtures in February and March that could decide our season. In my opinion I would look to bring in a new manager for January and then really attack those months to get us clear of danger.

The problem is Reed took too long to get rid of Puel, and as a result was left witn MP who quite clearly was never first choice.

We have some tough games now, so lets get someone else in who can take a look at the squad and get some plans in action before the Palace game.

Les Reed you must act now!!!!!!! if MP is not fired tomorrow morning then this may be the end for us

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

How can our fixtures get harder? We will have played nearly all teams and guess what? We play them all again. That works for other teams as well

I'd take Bosz. The only concern is he was dreadful at Dortmund. Teams sussed out their weakness, that they played with a suicidal high defensive line, and he failed to fix it.

On the other hand, what he achieved at Ajax with a young squad is the model we supposedly want to follow.

Ah right that's interesting. I was wondering how a team can get 19 points from their first 7 games and then take 3 from their next 8... The first half would point to a manager who at least has an idea what he's doing, but if his downfall was tactical predictability that is a concern.

But at least it is a decent option if we were to act.

FWIW, he seems to have a decent command of the English language.

Ah right that's interesting. I was wondering how a team can get 19 points from their first 7 games and then take 3 from their next 8... The first half would point to a manager who at least has an idea what he's doing, but if his downfall was tactical predictability that is a concern.

But at least it is a decent option if we were to act.

I'd be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, because Dortmund haven't been that great since Klopp left.

I don’t expect that he will go anytime soon. What I hope is that Les and co. are doing their due diligence on managerial alternatives and are ready to pull the trigger and install a replacement promptly if things go even more pear-shaped than they already are. Huddersfield could be an important game in that regard.

We need to do something we haven't done since Cortese was here - get a manager who is currently with a club rather than picking the mediocre of a bad bunch.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

Is that Adkins you are talking about? I am sure MP and Pardew weren't in a job when we hired them?

Too easy to blame the manager. These players are on easy street, ****ing bigger egos than talent. He'll probably be another manager that loses his job on the back of their lack of application. He's doing his best week in week out, there's not many players that are doing the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t expect that he will go anytime soon. What I hope is that Les and co. are doing their due diligence on managerial alternatives and are ready to pull the trigger and install a replacement promptly if things go even more pear-shaped than they already are. Huddersfield could be an important game in that regard.

Strachan until the end of the season - at least he will motivate rather stand still and look confused.

Too easy to blame the manager. These players are on easy street, ****ing bigger egos than talent. He'll probably be another manager that loses his job on the back of their lack of application. He's doing his best week in week out, there's not many players that are doing the same.

I tend to agree with this argument. The Leicester players are making Puel look awfully good right now.

There’s no excuse for their performances at Liverpool away and Leicester home.

The only thing is, I still don’t agree with some of Pellegrino’s player selections.

There's no doubt we have some severe weaknesses in our squad, it's glaringly obvious to most, so yes the players are primarily the issue. But it is a manager's job to get the best out of the players he has available to him. Puel got way more out of a more limited squad with long injuries to key players and way more games, hence why I was completely against his sacking. The squad absolutely is a huge problem, but Pellegrino isn't getting anywhere near as much out of it as he should be able to, he has to go.