Next Season

spyinthesky

I think we all agree that unless things run round quickly we will end up near the Relegation zone this year and, if we continue to be abysmal in front of goal there is a reasonable chance of us going down.

This begs the question how many players would be here to 'enjoy' the challenge of competing in the Championship next season.

As Philip Neville said on MOTD a few weeks back, individually we have players who will be coveted by other clubs, and I reckonthe value of our 'saleable' players must be around the £200m mark, although may be decreasing as our performances continue to slide.

ie Foster

Cedric

Bertrand

Romeu

Lemina

Ward Prowse

Hojberg

VVD

Hoecht

Redmond

Tadic

Boufal

Gabbiadini

Yoshida

Davis

plus freebies for Piet, Gardos and possibly Claisie

Perhaps our new owner would look at a wholesale fire sale and recoup most/all of his investment leaving us in a 'Sunderland' type situation based on the remaining squad of players ie

McCarthy

Targett

Mc Queen

Stevens

Bedanak

Sims

Reed

Gallagher

Austin (if he will accept reduction in wages)

Long ( Ditto)

Seager

Hesketh

Plus any youngsters who Les and the coaching staff think worthy of promotion.

Otherwise it is likely to need a £50m+ investment to ensure we can challenge for an instant return.

I would hate for us to go down but perhaps there are advantages about being in the Championship, I suppose eg seeing a goal or two and actually winning some games.

Also there is the possibility of returning to proper derby games if Pompey come up through the League 1 play offs!!!

Our team in the Championship next season will be a good one.

McCarthy

RB - Yoshida - Stephens - Pied

Tadic - Hojberg - Davis

Long - Austin - Gallagher

We will get some decent money from the likes of Gabba, Van Dijk, Lemina, Oriol, Cedric and Bertrand, and release the appalling excuses for footballers such as Ward-Prowse and we'll be left with a half decent squad for a play-off push.

Now that relegation this season is practically confirmed it's important that we don't waste any more time focusing on games which we have left remaining this season. The Championship is a long old slog, we need to plan for it now. Forget this season, it's done, what's important is the future and getting out of this tough league at the first attempt. We should all be up for it from game 1.

The prima donnas must change their mentality and start slogging out points.

The club has spent recent years flouncing about believing itself too good to get relegated.

I was a lone voice, lambasted and cursed by all and once again my concerns about relegation are proving right.

to be truthful, as it seems there is such a gulf between the top 5 or 6 and the rest, supporting any other club is pretty pointless.

Football and especially Saints has been my life for over 50 years, I now am disenchanted with it all. Puels run in the EFL last season reignited my passion for saints, and going to the final was wonderful, then seeing the manager who guided us to that final being treated so disgracefully made me lose even more interest

The club has spent recent years flouncing about believing itself too good to get relegated.

I was a lone voice, lambasted and cursed by all and once again my concerns about relegation are proving right.

Lone voice lol.

to be truthful, as it seems there is such a gulf between the top 5 or 6 and the rest, supporting any other club is pretty pointless.

Football and especially Saints has been my life for over 50 years, I now am disenchanted with it all. Puels run in the EFL last season reignited my passion for saints, and going to the final was wonderful, then seeing the manager who guided us to that final being treated so disgracefully made me lose even more interest

Agree with that. People taking our Premier League status for granted. SFC has cycles in form, we are going through a downturn and just staying up would still count as success.

The mentality has to change quickly, because you have to fight and scrap to stay up.

You are of course correct. You have been warning against complacency for years whilst all those around you remained with their heads planted firmly in the sand doubting, even mocking, you. You are now being revealed in your true light as a visionary soothsaying genius.

The idea of playing in the Championship doesn't actually bother me that much. My favourite years as a fan were the League One and Championship promotion seasons watching us win week in week out. It may also allow us to get a bit of our identity back, which I think we have completely lost this year, especially in regards to promoting young players. Admittedly it would mean a horrific year this season if it were to happen.

I bet Virgin are wondering what they've done. When they signed a long sponsorship deal with SFC we were flavour-of-the-moment, a real threat/pain-in-the-arris to the 'Big 6' and "blue print for all other clubs". Not to mention European hopefuls. It's been downhill all the way ever since!!

Two years of mostly shocking, turgid football - you have to give credit where it's due, Kat's played a blinder with her timing.

The idea of playing in the Championship doesn't actually bother me that much. My favourite years as a fan were the League One and Championship promotion seasons watching us win week in week out. It may also allow us to get a bit of our identity back, which I think we have completely lost this year, especially in regards to promoting young players. Admittedly it would mean a horrific year this season if it were to happen.

Likewise. I want a feel good factor seeing us play. I don't get it in the Prem so if we go down I don't care. It's Saints I love and follow, not the league we're playing in.

You are of course correct. You have been warning against complacency for years whilst all those around you remained with their heads planted firmly in the sand doubting, even mocking, you. You are now being revealed in your true light as a visionary soothsaying genius.

It pains me to say, but I did see this coming.

Except last season, when you were totally wrong. And the season before that. And the season before that. And the season before that. And the season before that. And the season before that. And the season before that. And the season before that.

Except last season, when you were totally wrong. And the season before that. And the season before that. And the season before that. And the season before that. And the season before that. And the season before that. And the season before that.

I was warning of complacency and where it would lead, so yes I have been proven to be right.

I understand people are angry and frustrated.

But, if we are in a relegation fight we need to unite and adopt the tactics that saw us successfully defy the odds so many times in the 90's.

I think he’s been retired for some time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk