#Pe​llegrinoMustGo Social media Hour 6-7pm Monday 20th November (Twitter/Facebook/IG)

Guan 2.0

You're welcome to back him but that doesn't make everyone else knee-jerk just because they think he's done a terrible job. Sometimes managers aren't given a chance, and sometimes they don't deserve to keep the job.

You make a comment like that then bang on about evidence, cause and effect?! I'm sure most fans would love to have seen some positives under MP this season but there haven't been any. What do you think there are? Not excuses - positives.

Comments about players not being bothered etc happen at so many clubs and it can only come down to the manager. You can't move a whole squad on each year. Even Mourinho lost his players at Chelsea. I'm sure there was some genius there saying it wasn't the managers fault, just the players. A manager takes a job knowing they have responsibility for getting that squad to perform. They build a team from it and get people on form. That's the whole damn job, so don't criticise people for judging a manager on that.

Someone should forward this on to Les, with a cc to Mr Gao. We do have some bang average players though; that's the only part of this alarming season's situation I cannot hold MP responsible for.

Now trending in Southampton.

It's a good start I guess.

Maybe we should do it at 3-4am next time though.

Or Sunday after our match, tie it in the hashtag for SOUEVE. We actually had a better engagement rate (before 7.16pm) than Paul Hollywod, UCLLancet17 and Scottishcup. If Twitter went off of natural numbers instead of curating their top ten lists, we'd have been on. But if we include it with other SFC tweets on sunday, It goes Viral.

Thanks to all that took part.

Or Sunday after our match, tie it in the hashtag for SOUEVE. We actually had a better engagement rate (before 7.16pm) than Paul Hollywod, UCLLancet17 and Scottishcup. If Twitter went off of natural numbers instead of curating their top ten lists, we'd have been on. But if we include it with other SFC tweets on sunday, It goes Viral.

Going again on Sunday, win, lose or draw?

If i understood two words of this then i might be persuaded to join the force, but I fear I would only shoot some poor fecker in the foot if I brandished a Twitter gun. What the duck happened to the days when you used to stick a placard on top of a stick and march around with a guy with a megaphone. FFS.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

How did it go then melts? Did you wave your social media flag and make a bit of a stir? Good for you, really, I mean it, well done all, fantastic stuff, you should be proud.

If you bother to read the link on Batman's post directly above yours, you will see that a national newspaper (albeit a crap one) is now reporting on how disgruntled the majority of our fans now are towards Pellegrino. So yes, by that measure it has been a success.

If you bother to read the link on Batman's post directly above yours, you will see that a national newspaper (albeit a crap one) is now reporting on how disgruntled the majority of our fans now are towards Pellegrino. So yes, by that measure it has been a success.

I think you'll find that's more to do with Pulis going and them needing to find someone else to write about for their next story than anything anyone has done online.

You're welcome to back him but that doesn't make everyone else knee-jerk just because they think he's done a terrible job. Sometimes managers aren't given a chance, and sometimes they don't deserve to keep the job.

Thirteen matches, ffs.

This is the sort of **** I imagine coming from the majority of bedwetters on here.

Utterly cringe worthy.

The worst bit about that is the atrocious spelling and grammar. Who is miss informing ffs? He genuinely sounds like that 8 year old kid who sent in his fiver that he found. Edited by hypochondriac

You mean Alex Crook has had his daily check of saints web and concocted a page filler out of it....

Since when has a bunch of bed wetters on an internet forum constituted all Saints fans? I seem to remember them calling for Koeman's head after a blip. God forbid that any decisions the club makes be guided by an opinion on here.

Think the Poll on here and all other social media feedback (FB / Echo / Twitter etc etc) and fans Ive spoken to in agreement is quite telling of the general feeling amongst most fans at the moment

Nothing. And even if it was, it would be utterly cringeworthy.

The only cringeworthy thing is Pellegrino's interview post-match at Anfield. Delusional in the extreme. That, and the fact in the some of the home games I've been to (e.g. Watford) this season we have only had one or two (a real luxury) shots on goal. Not on target, on goal. Setting up like a non league club away to Man City in the FA Cup when playing Burnley at home, that is also cringeworthy.

This is the sort of **** I imagine coming from the majority of bedwetters on here.

Utterly cringe worthy.

Completely and utterly embarrassing in every way.

As Matt Le Tiss pointed out in his response to this drivel, they couldn't even spell our owner's name correctly in an email addressed to him ....

... and it's only got 3 letters.

Seeing as sacking Managers frequently usually results in diminishing returns as the new man has to pick up the pieces of several previous incumbants failed visions don't you think it might be a more sensible idea to get behind the Manager and players and see if we can right the chronic lack of confidence caused by a lack of goals that is the main problem we have which goes back to last season. If we scored some goals for instance the spotlight and pressure would be off Forster as his odd fumble wouldn't be noticed.

If we lack confidence it doesn't matter if we play 3 at the back or 2 up front the result will be the same and the fans can give the players confidence by getting behind them rather than attacking them.

We once had a manager who was out of his depth and didn't have a clue for over 2 seasons . He was so clueless that he went on to win the FA Cup, promotion,Get to a league cup final,2nd in the league, Europe and sign the European Footballer of the year.

Give him some time.

We once had a manager who was out of his depth and didn't have a clue for over 2 seasons . He was so clueless that he went on to win the FA Cup, promotion,Get to a league cup final,2nd in the league, Europe and sign the European Footballer of the year.

Give him some time.

Like any club is ever going to do that again in the current climate of football....

Seeing as sacking Managers frequently usually results in diminishing returns as the new man has to pick up the pieces of several previous incumbants failed visions don't you think it might be a more sensible idea to get behind the Manager and players and see if we can right the chronic lack of confidence caused by a lack of goals that is the main problem we have which goes back to last season. If we scored some goals for instance the spotlight and pressure would be off Forster as his odd fumble wouldn't be noticed.

If we lack confidence it doesn't matter if we play 3 at the back or 2 up front the result will be the same and the fans can give the players confidence by getting behind them rather than attacking them.

Give him some time.

I can't see how setting up to park the bus against Brighton the moment we scored is good management or confidence boosting. The manager's setup makes him and the team look like risk averse cowards and saps any remaining spirit from the players. We have to be braver and look to mix our play up a bit, doing the same thing week in, week out simply isn't working. He has an ultra-defensive mentality that is sapping any remaining vestiges of creativity from the team and I can only see us getting worse under his stewardship.

So bring back Cortese but hire a good accountant too because Cortese likes to overspend. That’s Gao persuaded then, good bye Les and hello Nicola.

Yet, Cortese advised Markus Liebherr to buy SFC, and Kat Liebherr must be incredibly grateful to him for one of the most profitable investments ever made in a football club. She has a profit of at last 200 million in her bank account to thank him for. I don't think the initial investment in players and infrastructure which brought her that massive profit have cost her one penny in the end as her loan to the club was paid back to her with interest (+5% per annum, I believe) before she got the 210 million from Gao. Without that initial very shrewd investment guided by Cortese, she'd now be a lot less wealthy.

Setting up like a non league club away to Man City in the FA Cup when playing Burnley at home, that is also cringeworthy.

It’s also cringeworthy when people make pony up. If you think we set up “ like a non league club away to Man C” against Burnley you’re ****ing clueless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Like any club is ever going to do that again in the current climate of football....

May be not but the principle is the same. It would be much better for the club if the current Manager could turn things around and he has a better chance of that with encouragement not stunts to under mine him.

We certainly didn't set up to win. Burnley went 2 upfront before we did.

It followed the pattern of several of our home games against the PL’s crappier teams, with Saints dominating in terms of possession, against resolute defending by Burnley, and few good opportunities for either side. We had one or two decent chances - a block on Bertrand when he looked like he had a clear shot on goal was one. If I remember correctly Burnley scored with pretty much their only attempt on goal, after Dyche switched to two upfront and Vokes mugged Yoshi and scored with a deflected header.

It actually highlights Pellegrino’s team selection - Hoedt’s size might have been better against Burnley particularly considering the nature of the winning goal. Yoshi may have done better against Liverpool, with his quicker pace. If Pellegrino is mechanically alternating between the two, well that seems like poor team selection to me.

If you look at our three wins this season, you realise it could be so much worse. Had we not had that superb solo effort from boufal or the last minute penalty against the hammers then we would be much worse off. We haven't had a great performance all season and have looked unconvincing even in victory.

Utterly cringe worthy.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Is this really what it has come to? It's up there with 'phoning the police' if you lose. When will fans get it into their heads, that they are just that, fans. They have a place in football which is irreplaceable, but that place is as fans. Owners, by and large, are successful business people who are adept at running big business and looking past the affiliation that fans have, in order to protect their investment and grow their company.

You wouldn't try to tell a pilot how to land the plane, please don't think that you can tell the owner how to run the club.

And, if you are going to try to do it, at least do so having had somebody who has a basic grasp of written English, proof read your efforts first! It's stuff like this that make me despair of some fans.

I can't see how setting up to park the bus against Brighton the moment we scored is good management or confidence boosting. The manager's setup makes him and the team look like risk averse cowards and saps any remaining spirit from the players. We have to be braver and look to mix our play up a bit, doing the same thing week in, week out simply isn't working. He has an ultra-defensive mentality that is sapping any remaining vestiges of creativity from the team and I can only see us getting worse under his stewardship.

How do you know that it was he that instructed the team to park the bus ? I don't think he wanted the team to play like that.

Do you think that's how he said he wanted the team to play when he was interviewed?

Maybe the players have been brought up to be risk averse and getting them to be more adventurous takes time.

Neither of us know for sure. There is risk either way but for now sacking the manager is the greater risk because it almost certainly leads to decline. In the end we'll appoint an Allardyce to keep us up end up like Bolton, Blackburn, Sunderland, West Ham and Palace.

If you look at our three wins this season, you realise it could be so much worse. Had we not had that superb solo effort from boufal or the last minute penalty against the hammers then we would be much worse off. We haven't had a great performance all season and have looked unconvincing even in victory.

Agree - we have been far from convincing. We really do need a big performance on Sunday with a > 2 goal margin to ease the fans woe. Despite the 3 points, I fear even a narrow 1 nil win, would do little to ease the pressure on MP. He needs a win, a performance and the fans backing to last too much longer. Sunday is big.

Agree - we have been far from convincing. We really do need a big performance on Sunday with a > 2 goal margin to ease the fans woe. Despite the 3 points, I fear even a narrow 1 nil win, would do little to ease the pressure on MP. He needs a win, a performance and the fans backing to last too much longer. Sunday is big.
Personally I think if we lose on Sunday and don't show any spirit or fight like we have done in almost every game this season then i think I will be toxic and I can't see how he can last another week. If it's the same team with the same tactics and formation on Sunday then I'll expect him to be gone by next Wednesday.

Jeez, I could only bare to skim read that letter to Mr "Goa"... why can't fans just stick to saying they're not happy with Pellegrino. It's the one thing we can mostly agree on. But no, some people have to put in additional snippets like "we need to sign some strikers" or "get Koeman back!"

Not only are these things not part of the general consensus, but they also dilute the message.

Personally I think if we lose on Sunday and don't show any spirit or fight like we have done in almost every game this season then i think I will be toxic and I can't see how he can last another week. If it's the same team with the same tactics and formation on Sunday then I'll expect him to be gone by next Wednesday.

Oh if we lose on Sunday he'd just as well leave SMS through the turn-styles [or large exit doors like what Lets B Avenue recommends!] with the rest of us - no point going down the tunnel.

Edited by Micky
Clarification of exit routes...!

Jeez, I could only bare to skim read that letter to Mr "Goa"... why can't fans just stick to saying they're not happy with Pellegrino. It's the one thing we can mostly agree on. But no, some people have to put in additional snippets like "we need to sign some strikers" or "get Koeman back!"

Not only are these things not part of the general consensus, but they also dilute the message.

People penning letters like that don't actually know what general consensus means.