#Pe​llegrinoMustGo Social media Hour 6-7pm Monday 20th November (Twitter/Facebook/IG)

Guan 2.0

We have the cringiest, happy clapping, 'snowflake', embarrassing fan base in the football league.

Twitter protests, disgracefully written letters to owners, sh!t songs, terrible atmosphere, a large % of men over the age of 15 wearing replica shirts, clapping opposing fans, men in fancy dress and much more.

I'm sure every club has there fair share of idiots, but we seem to breed them. Have a good look at yourselves ffs :mcinnes:

Utterly cringe worthy.

The worst bit about that is the atrocious spelling and grammar. Who is miss informing ffs? He genuinely sounds like that 8 year old kid who sent in his fiver that he found.

"Dear Mr Goa" :spaz: It's not even the worst part of the letter. It's the first! Was there a vote on bringing Cortese back i missed? I don't think these ideas are a real goa.

How do you know that it was he that instructed the team to park the bus ? I don't think he wanted the team to play like that.

Do you think that's how he said he wanted the team to play when he was interviewed?

Maybe the players have been brought up to be risk averse and getting them to be more adventurous takes time.

Neither of us know for sure. There is risk either way but for now sacking the manager is the greater risk because it almost certainly leads to decline. In the end we'll appoint an Allardyce to keep us up end up like Bolton, Blackburn, Sunderland, West Ham and Palace.

Pellegrino is fully to blame for drab negative tactics. Romeu even said in interview they must defend first even when attacking.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Pellegrino is fully to blame for drab negative tactics. Romeu even said in interview they must defend first even when attacking.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

How is that so different to most other teams in the division? I don't notice many teams coming to St Marys and playing attacking football. The much lauded Dyche didn't win an away game all last season, totally clueless. Did Burnley sack him? Look where they are now and it's not playing attacking football away from home as we know. Was Saints performance at Brighton so different from Man U's at St Mary's other than they kept the lead?

How is that so different to most other teams in the division? I don't notice many teams coming to St Marys and playing attacking football. The much lauded Dyche didn't win an away game all last season, totally clueless. Did Burnley sack him? Look where they are now and it's not playing attacking football away from home as we know. Was Saints performance at Brighton so different from Man U's at St Mary's other than they kept the lead?

Are you seriously trying to suggest that our performances thus far are the same as the other teams in the league? You realise that statistically we have scored the fewest amount of goals at home and over the entire year represent the WORST value for money of every time in the league by some significant distance? That's before you even look at the style of play.

Also, our attacking performance against Burnely was so limp that the ultra-conservative Dyche felt confident enough to bring on two strikers and go for the win. What does that tell you about the standard of our play?

So a Manager new to this league has made mistakes. If he has anything about him he will learn

and the more mistakes he makes the more he will learn.

Instead of following the sheep in this throw away instant success society why don't we try to build something to last. That means giving him more time than this.

a

So a Manager new to this league has made mistakes. If he has anything about him he will learn

Instead of following the sheep in this throw away instant success society why don't we try to build something to last. That means giving him more time than this.

a

how much longer do you think he should get?

a

I'm all for this sentiment and you genuinely summed up perfectly my take on all this.

However, our business model (sic) is to do exactly the opposite and sell once our players have reached market valuation.

It's dispiriting and disheartening enough when this happens but to actually progress and reincarnate ourselves softens the blow.

The problem arises when you stop progressing and regress. Then the disillusionment manifests itself tenfold. This I believe is the crux of the problem.

We're a tough watch and an even tougher sell at the minute.

Keep the faith tho.

a

The board are just keeping quiet and letting someone else take the flack. simple as that.

Are you seriously trying to suggest that our performances thus far are the same as the other teams in the league? You realise that statistically we have scored the fewest amount of goals at home and over the entire year represent the WORST value for money of every time in the league by some significant distance? That's before you even look at the style of play.

Bit much to blame him for the whole year

However, our business model (sic) is to do exactly the opposite and sell once our players have reached market valuation.

This line gets spouted constantly in the media, but very few people on here suggest that nowadays because it simply isn't true any more. That was our business model; all that changed when we started tying down key players to long contracts, presumably to a/ keep the core of the squad together, and b/ dispel the widely-held belief that we are simply a "selling club" with no further aspirations. That was reinforced by our refusal to sell Van Dijk for what would certainly have been a UK transfer record for a defender.

I'm not saying the idea has worked out as planned though, so far it clearly hasn't done much to improve us other than to make a wider point that we won't just roll over and sell any player to any club who feels like buying them for decent money.

This line gets spouted constantly in the media, but very few people on here suggest that nowadays because it simply isn't true any more. That was our business model; all that changed when we started tying down key players to long contracts, presumably to a/ keep the core of the squad together, and b/ dispel the widely-held belief that we are simply a "selling club" with no further aspirations. That was reinforced by our refusal to sell Van Dijk for what would certainly have been a UK transfer record for a defender.

I'm not saying the idea has worked out as planned though, so far it clearly hasn't done much to improve us other than to make a wider point that we won't just roll over and sell any player to any club who feels like buying them for decent money.

I'm not so sure. I think the long contracts are nothing more than ensuring we can maximize our resale. Van Dijk is proof that nothing has changed despite the long contract.

We might find the quality of our players redresses the balance after the sale of Van Dijk.

**** me a football fan moaning about value for money, has to be a new low even for this place.

**** me a football fan moaning about value for money, has to be a new low even for this place.
Not really. It highlights that we have seen the fewest amount of goals this year and expected to pay a high price for it. I'm not a fan of the high price of football at the best of times but considering how dull and cautious the performances have been it's been a real slog.