Back down to the Championship......

saints1988

would take league 1 over the championship, and the championship over the premier league any day. Affordable tickets, players not on the gravy train, 3pm kick off's and not having to wait on a phone line for tickets months in advance. small fish in a big pond or big fish small pond?

Why would you want to be the 6th - 8th best team in the country with a chance of winning a serious cup final when you could be playing AFC wimbledon and Fleetwood Town.

Literally this is beyond pathetic as a mindset. Life got hard, so lets go bully some smaller clubs and feel good about ourselves.

Fortunately the 32k fans who turned out to watch us beat Coventry one sunny May afternoon know what it is all about.

OFC, you would rather be coventry and competing at the upper echelons of the 4th tier. Do you people hear yourselves?

Why would you want to be the 6th - 8th best team in the country with a chance of winning a serious cup final when you could be playing AFC wimbledon and Fleetwood Town.

Literally this is beyond pathetic as a mindset. Life got hard, so lets go bully some smaller clubs and feel good about ourselves.

Fortunately the 32k fans who turned out to watch us beat Coventry one sunny May afternoon know what it is all about.

OFC, you would rather be coventry and competing at the upper echelons of the 4th tier. Do you people hear yourselves?

No it's not. It's his opinion, it's what he would prefer to do. Just because it differs from you - it does not make it pathetic. There are many clubs in the lower leagues who will not reach the upper echelons of the premiership in their fan's lifetimes. It doesn't mean those fans stop supporting those teams, nor does it make them pathetic in mindset.

Just because we have dined at the top table of the EFL doesn't give us any defining right to expect to be there.

Fans expectations can and do change both for the better and the worse. Lowering expectations is probably what most fans have to do most of the time if truth be known, I think it's probably something to do with reality and realistic expectations.

Lower league football certainly has it charms. For starters it is cheaper. Focusing on that and that only, is going to live games more important than seeing your team in a higher league?

It might not be applicable to many on here, but for some I wondered whether you'd rather have top flight football, but due to pricing could only afford to go to some games, or lower league football and more games due to lower prices?

Yes, I know, its not as simple as that...just asking.

No it's not. It's his opinion, it's what he would prefer to do. Just because it differs from you - it does not make it pathetic. There are many clubs in the lower leagues who will not reach the upper echelons of the premiership in their fan's lifetimes. It doesn't mean those fans stop supporting those teams, nor does it make them pathetic in mindset.

Just because we have dined at the top table of the EFL doesn't give us any defining right to expect to be there.

Fans expectations can and do change both for the better and the worse. Lowering expectations is probably what most fans have to do most of the time if truth be known, I think it's probably something to do with reality and realistic expectations.

Its hard to go to a game knowing our fellow fans want us to struggle, get relegated, and endure a bad atmosphere around the team. All so they can watch us play a worse standard of football....

I'll support the club through thick and thin, not just lose interest whilst we struggle; only to come back if we end up in the 3rd tier and start winning again.

And the minimum expectation and ambition for a club of our size, history and standing is to be in the premier league. It shows a complete lack of ambition and passion to not be the best we can be. And if the fans set that level of expectation, passion and interest then they can hardly turn around and moan when the team struggles.

Lower league football certainly has it charms. For starters it is cheaper. Focusing on that and that only, is going to live games more important than seeing your team in a higher league?

It might not be applicable to many on here, but for some I wondered whether you'd rather have top flight football, but due to pricing could only afford to go to some games, or lower league football and more games due to lower prices?

Yes, I know, its not as simple as that...just asking.

I have supported the club for almost 50 years. But for most of those years I haven't actually lived in Southampton (I don't now either) , nor have I ever had a season ticket. But I have always tried to go to as many games as I could afford, whenever I could.

For me, i want to go to live games, but i don't really think cost comes into it, its more about the convenience of travel etc. It's a seven hour round trip for me to get to SMS so it ain't easy, especially when you look at how we've played this season! I won't be there this weekend, purely because it's live on sky, had it not been i would probably have made the trip. But if we got relegated, it wouldn't particularly bother me and I would still go to as many games as I could.

I appreciate cost is a big factor these days and totally respect people who choose not to attend for that reason. But I really don't think people are actually hoping for relegation in order to get cheaper tickets.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I have supported the club for almost 50 years. But for most of those years I haven't actually lived in Southampton (I don't now either) , nor have I ever had a season ticket. But I have always tried to go to as many games as I could afford, whenever I could.

For me, i want to go to live games, but i don't really think cost comes into it, its more about the convenience of travel etc. It's a seven hour round trip for me to get to SMS so it ain't easy, especially when you look at how we've played this season! I won't be there this weekend, purely because it's live on sky, had it not been i would probably have made the trip. But if we got relegated, it wouldn't particularly bother me and I would still go to as many games as I could.

I appreciate cost is a big factor these days and totally respect people who choose not to attend for that reason. But I really don't think people are actually hoping for relegation in order to get cheaper tickets.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Sadly, it's clear that we have fans that do want us to struggle and be relegated... some so that they can go, "i told you so", some so that they can get cheaper tickets, and some because they think we'll automatically compete at the top end of the league below... because that is always the case?!?!?!

People arguing as if we have a choice or not in us being relegated! :lol: We're down now so we need to accept it and move on together. Why bash people for saying they'd prefer to watch us in the Championship or League 1 over the Premier League? Not how I feel but if that's how some feel then let them be!

They've got their wish now anyway. Next season in the Championship we need a connected fanbase, not a divided one because some people are angry that other fans prefer paying less for tickets and watching a lower quality of football. This forum is insane :D

People arguing as if we have a choice or not in us being relegated! :lol: We're down now so we need to accept it and move on together. Why bash people for saying they'd prefer to watch us in the Championship or League 1 over the Premier League? Not how I feel but if that's how some feel then let them be!

They've got their wish now anyway. Next season in the Championship we need a connected fanbase, not a divided one because some people are angry that other fans prefer paying less for tickets and watching a lower quality of football. This forum is insane :D

No... "insane" would be to claim we were relegated on 24th November when after only 12 games we are 14th in the league.

How is pointing out that a poster displays clear signs of a condition like autism picking on someone? Unless you think that having autism is a problem?

No i most certainly do not think it is a problem but do think that making unqualified judgements about other peoples potential personal issues is,

but i guess you thinks its ok because you don`t like the individual.

For the unititiated (ok i'm a bit dim as well) what exactly is this 'triggered' thing? What does it mean?

It's a new thing that stupid people who've been caught out in their stupidity say when people put them right so they can pretend they meant it as a wind up along.

The online equivalent of your dumb f*ck school mate who'd laugh and say they'd wound you up when they said something racist because they were too embarrassed to admit what a f*cking bellend they were

Its the new line for our "pal" on here ;)

People who raise to the bait.... so about 90% of this forum are triggered

It's a new thing that stupid people who've been caught out in their stupidity say when people put them right so they can pretend they meant it as a wind up along.

The online equivalent of your dumb f*ck school mate who'd laugh and say they'd wound you up when they said something racist because they were too embarrassed to admit what a f*cking bellend they were

Aahhh thank you. Somebody on here 'triggered' me the other day, but having never seen it before, it meant naff all to me. Sometimes it's good to be old and crinkly as opposed to 'down with the kids' - you can be verbally abused and not even notice. Cool.

Not that I'd give a **** anyway.

:lol: so true

How is pointing out that a poster displays clear signs of a condition like autism picking on someone? Unless you think that having autism is a problem?
because you have no idea if that is the case. It seems to me you are in a wheelchair and have only one arm and blind. How do I know, well I'm guessing with no evidence, just like you have

because you have no idea if that is the case. It seems to me you are in a wheelchair and have only one arm and blind. How do I know, well I'm guessing with no evidence, just like you have
You would have no way of telling any of those things from posts on a forum. You can quite easily see that someone displays signs of autism from a posting style and a tendency to take everything literally and robotically over a number of years.the evidence is the number of posts.