Saints v Everton Build-up

SuperSAINT

Just read this from Davis on Sky Sports. It's worse than we feared......

Theoretically, we all believe in the manager's approach, how he wants to play, the identity of the team and the key aspects in terms of how he wants to press and build the play.

I haven't seen any pressing and our slow and laborious build-up play is really easy to play against.

What a massive game this is. Plenty of us want MP gone but this is an absolute must win game. If we lose he has to go, but we will also need to face up to the fact we are in a relegation battle too.

Hoping he mixes things up but can't see anything other than the usual dross served up by the likes of Tadic and Redmond.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

What a massive game this is. Plenty of us want MP gone but this is an absolute must win game. If we lose he has to go, but we will also need to face up to the fact we are in a relegation battle too.

Hoping he mixes things up but can't see anything other than the usual dross served up by the likes of Tadic and Redmond.

Absolutely.

We must get behind the team during the match. Especially as confidence is so brittle. It’s not their fault that the coaching team keeps sending them out with negative and crap tactical instructions, or with the wrong team selected. Therefore, I hope fans don’t boo individual players today. Any booing will be totally counterproductive during the game. If we draw or lose, then I’ll be venting my anger towards the directors box [emoji106]

Desparate for a win and performance today....the trouble is if we do deliver will it be genuine progress or 'papering over the cracks'?

Very interested to see the reaction from the players - particularly in light of the cave in at Liverpool (and Cedrics comments). I wonder if they will go all-out, fully committed (which I don't think I've seen yet this season), or will they 'do a Leicester' and just go through the motions.

They MUST know the feeling from the fans? Could be an interesting atmosphere today.

Desparate for a win and performance today....the trouble is if we do deliver will it be genuine progress or 'papering over the cracks'?

Very interested to see the reaction from the players - particularly in light of the cave in at Liverpool (and Cedrics comments). I wonder if they will go all-out, fully committed (which I don't think I've seen yet this season), or will they 'do a Leicester' and just go through the motions.

They MUST know the feeling from the fans? Could be an interesting atmosphere today.

i tend to agree. We could well see if the players are behind MP or not today.

Although I'd like to see some real attacking intent, this IS a 6 pointer...

With no Oriol, I think he'll go for a 4-4-1-1, again...

Predicted

FF

CS - VVD - WH - RB

DT - SD - ML (if fit else JWP) - NR

SB

MG

Don't think the results will improve though...

going for a 1-1 , hope for a 4-1

Davis looks like he’s in the squad at least... appeared on the Official Snapchat (sounds very strange typing that’s that out!) :smug:

just about to type this!

They videoed him saying 'the skipper is here', so the guess is he is starting as our captain.

Would suggest either Yoshida is dropped for Hoedt, or it could just be that Davis is captain but Yoshida merely plays without the captains armband.

just about to type this!

They videoed him saying 'the skipper is here', so the guess is he is starting as our captain.

Would suggest either Yoshida is dropped for Hoedt, or it could just be that Davis is captain but Yoshida merely plays without the captains armband.

I’d just rather see a video of Lemina if I’m honest! Going for a 2-0 loss today. :(

Not sure the players give a ****. They know that they still get paid who ever the manager is and if we get relegated they'll all do a runner anyway.

This is true in every club though isn't it? And a skill of the magaer is to get them motivated, enjoying themselves, bought in to the approach and playing with at least a bit of passion.

Other clubs manage this (although many don't of course). It's one of my big issues this season....we KNOW the players are better than they are showing and can demonstrate far more commitment. Yet they're not.

I wonder...would any of us feel motivated to put ourselves on the line for MoPe.....LR.....RK?

This is true in every club though isn't it? And a skill of the magaer is to get them motivated, enjoying themselves, bought in to the approach and playing with at least a bit of passion.

Other clubs manage this (although many don't of course). It's one of my big issues this season....we KNOW the players are better than they are showing and can demonstrate far more commitment. Yet they're not.

I wonder...would any of us feel motivated to put ourselves on the line for MoPe.....LR.....RK?

It's just another cope out for the modern player most normal people can do their job to a high standard without their line manager giving them constant "motivation". The club canned the last manager that the players weren't happy with bought in another one a yet we've had no positive reaction from the players at all in performance terms. They can't hide behind it's all the nasty managers fault all the time how about they man up and show some ****ing pride in themselves even if it's just playing well to a transfer elsewhere.

Our attacking four couldn't really get more paceless if it tried!
We don't use our pace with through balls or balls over the top even when we do have it. At least in Austin we have a player who knows how to poach, can score headers and in JWP we have someone who can deliver great balls into the box from out wide.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

At least MP has changed things. Not convinced it will work though. Pleased to see Austin start; he gets quite a lot of stick on here but the only time he has ever had a run of games he was scoring

What has changed though? It’s the same failing formation, ergo the same failing tactics.

Are we assuming JWP right, Tadic left, Boufal in the centre?

Who's to say. Remember in preseason MP experimenting with JWP behind the striker (he came on against St.Etienne and making an impact IIRC, though the final scoreline flattered us). MP could be looking to that again. Alternatively he might well be starting on the right. We shall see.

Hojbjerg had the only decent game i’ve ever seen him have at home to this lot last year. I personally like JWP on the right, he’s smart enough to fill in for Cedric when he bombs on, and he can deliver a great ball. I get why people aren’t convinced by his contribution but some of our best performances have had him on the right (EFL Cup final in particular).

No golf today?

Wouldn't want to commit yourself ahead of the mother of all meltdown should we lose. It'll be carnage on here, an early Xmas for some.

That said, it's audacious, high stakes stuff with Everton being his team and the benchmark against which success is judged.

Still am sure the emergency driver and thermal jacket are in the boot for a quick getaway to the range for a couple of buckets should we get a result.

#semperparatus

Edited by shurlock