Saints v Everton Build-up

SuperSAINT

Judging by the importance of a result and the necessity of not allowing Everton I see Pellegrino going all out for the point, but without midfield options he'll probably just make sure that everyone man marks their opposite number, both in and out of possession.

I expect the team might be:

-----------------Forster-----------------

Cedric---Yoshida-------Van Dijk---Bertrand

---------JWP-----------Hojbjerg----------

Tadic----------Boufal-------------Redmond

----------------Long--------------------

Personally I'd prefer Stephens in where JWP is and Tadic and Redmond out for JWP on the right and Hesketh on the left. Don't see that happening, though.

A well-managed Saints team should beat the cluster**** that is Everton. It will feel like an opportunity squandered if we don’t win.

I’m still hoping that Lemina is going to be fit to start. Does it mean anything that he’s on the cover of the matchday program?

Unfortunately not

Seems to be a lot of parallels between both sets of fans regarding the attitude towards their squads, managers and board. I can't imagine this game will be anything other than dull. Not sure why Sky have decided to broadcast two out of form teams against each other but there you go.

A well-managed Saints team should beat the cluster**** that is Everton. It will feel like an opportunity squandered if we don’t win.

I’m still hoping that Lemina is going to be fit to start. Does it mean anything that he’s on the cover of the matchday program?

I wouldn't expect a Saints team with JWP and Hoj as their midfield engine to beat a local tyro team let alone Everton..

So with only two fit central midfielders neither who are proper holding DMs we could just go old school 4-4-2 put Redmond on the right and McQueen on the left as wingers with Austin and Gabbi up front. Not that Mope would do that mind.

Alternatively as the thought of JWP and Hoj in the centre of the park fills me with dread could jack Stephens or Yoshida do a job as a DM?

The scoreline line really flattered Atalanta, Everton weren't that bad at all. Despite some poor results they've been playing some great stuff, certainly better than us at the moment. We'll do very well to get a draw from this, but Everton should beat us comfortably. 3-0 or 3-1 to them would not be a disaster for us, as we'd avoid the morale destroying thrashing which they could quite easily dish out.

The scoreline line really flattered Atalanta, Everton weren't that bad at all. Despite some poor results they've been playing some great stuff, certainly better than us at the moment.

Were you watching a different game to the rest of us? Atlanta as the away side had 22 shots on Everton's goal. The Everton keeper Robles did well to keep it to only 5 goals conceded.

We'll do very well to get a draw from this, but Everton should beat us comfortably. 3-0 or 3-1 to them would not be a disaster for us, as we'd avoid the morale destroying thrashing which they could quite easily dish out.

What an utterly bizarre statement! Is this supposed to be a "joke" of some kind? :?

We really have to win this convincingly - they are at absolute rock bottom. If we don't i'll start getting worried about this year.

3-0 Saints.

They not really at rock bottom though they picked up 4 points in their last two league games (unlike us). Last nights game was a dead rubber that they made changes for so you can't read much into that.

On top of that we have lost our best three CMs and will have to play two players who couldn't help stop a U23s Fulham side score four goals. We probably also have the worst keeper in the PL (backed up by two even worse back up keepers) who couldn't catch a cold let alone a football.... So a win let alone a convincing one looks unlikely.

They not really at rock bottom though they picked up 4 points in their last two league games (unlike us). Last nights game was a dead rubber that they made changes for so you can't read much into that.

On top of that we have lost our best three CMs and will have to play two players who couldn't help stop a U23s Fulham side score four goals. We probably also have the worst keeper in the PL (backed up by two even worse back up keepers) who couldn't catch a cold let alone a football.... So a win let alone a convincing one looks unlikely.

Don't forget potentially playing someone who hasn't scored in almost a full calendar year as our lone striker.

Lets keep everything exactly the same because its working so well [sarcasm off]

We need changes, this way is proven to get us no where.

Forster

Cedric-Hoedt-VVD-Yoshida-Bertrand

Tadic-Boufal-Redmond

Austin-Gabbi

Playing with no midfielders is a great idea IMO.

Can't work out why you are not a PL Manager with this kind of genius.

Battle of the two 'most f*cked up from a good position' clubs in the league. No idea, could go either way.

If we lose does he get sacked?

On a side note the Fulham U23 performance, weren't like 3 of their goals from corners? U23s were just crap defensively but I thought they looked alright going forward.

There’s your first mistake. This is not a well managed Saints team