Saints v Everton Build-up

SuperSAINT

Lemina is a “late decision”:

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2017-11-24/team-news-mauricio-pellegrino-southampton-everton-premier-league-1718

Luckily, we have enough players in the squad to replace Romeu, according to Pellegrino. Yay.

If Lemina is out, what about trying VVD in midfield? At least he has the physical presence we would be lacking without Lemina and Romeu, which is more than can be said for the other alternatives?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Not sure if both sigurdsson and Rooney will both be playing - but both can hit the target and will give FF a nightmare of an afternoon. Sadly, can see a 3-0 or worse this Sunday. I just wish I didn't feel like this.....almost feels like I'm slagging off my wife.

If that doesn't get Reed to pull the trigger on MP I don't know what will.

I actually think we are going to scrape this 1-0 & the board will keep pellegrino thinking it's a false dawn, when really we should be getting rid of him what ever the result as it's clear with our fixture list we will be in a relegation battle by Xmas pelligrino will certainly take us down if we are, he hasn't the fight for that

We do need to act & fast!

But according to Jim Whites mate Moshiri they have 3 top managers lined up and will choose 1 soon so Unsworth won't be the boss ! :lol:

How monumentally annoying is Jim White, apart from the adverts he is the biggest turn off on Talksh!te.

His continual reminders that he is mates with Moshiri makes me blow chunks along with his treatment of callers who disagree with him, oh oh oh and the "What a reaction we are getting tbis morning, the phone lines are red hot". What a total tool this bloke is.

Saints 0 - Everton 0

I actually think we are going to scrape this 1-0 & the board will keep pellegrino thinking it's a false dawn, when really we should be getting rid of him what ever the result as it's clear with our fixture list we will be in a relegation battle by Xmas pelligrino will certainly take us down if we are, he hasn't the fight for that

We do need to act & fast!

That's going to happen anyway we are ****e with a squad made up of mostly average players changing manager isn't going to see us suddenly battering the likes of Man city and Spurs. The damage was done during the last two summer and can't just be fixed by simply changing manager. MoPe isn't doing a great job and we can certainly improve on where we are right now but I doubt a new manager will improve us as much as a better a goal keeper, a proper 10 (with passing vision and a goal threat) and a striker who knows how to score a goal would improve us. I wouldn't lose any sleep about MoPe getting the heave ho but I also don't have much faith any manager is going to get much more out the squad than Puel did with out major surgery on a squad that has become bloated with mediocrity.

I think we'll actually play well and see signs of things coming together. Clearly possession football is our brand now, hopefully the work put in to unlocking defences will start to pay off now. Boufal and Tadic have to start... And pay attention to gabbis movement Ffs!!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Funny hearing Tony Bellew on Soccer AM and what was expected of Koeman and players at Everton so much higher than Southampton, as if they are some massive club and Saints just minnows, think he forgets they finished just above us last season.

I don't think it would be wise to disagree with him!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we'll actually play well and see signs of things coming together. Clearly possession football is our brand now, hopefully the work put in to unlocking defences will start to pay off now. Boufal and Tadic have to start... And pay attention to gabbis movement Ffs!!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I'm a huge optimist but even this borders on delusional to me. I have seen nothing to suggest we are going to improve.

One thing that is really ****ing me off is the club's PR machine wheeling out random players and the manager week after week pronouncing on the next game's anticipated success story, how the players know what they are about and a weekly lecture from the manager how we are going in the right direction and doing things right keeping possession. Week after week same crap equals same result or rather lack of result.

Somebody should tell those ****s to shut up, most of the people they are addressing are far cleverer than they will ever be and see right through their bull ****. Don't insult our intelligence with the sort of garbage that is worthless.

That's going to happen anyway we are ****e with a squad made up of mostly average players changing manager isn't going to see us suddenly battering the likes of Man city and Spurs. The damage was done during the last two summer and can't just be fixed by simply changing manager. MoPe isn't doing a great job and we can certainly improve on where we are right now but I doubt a new manager will improve us as much as a better a goal keeper, a proper 10 (with passing vision and a goal threat) and a striker who knows how to score a goal would improve us. I wouldn't lose any sleep about MoPe getting the heave ho but I also don't have much faith any manager is going to get much more out the squad than Puel did with out major surgery on a squad that has become bloated with mediocrity.

We need all four!

It would help the club more if someone could pull the trigger on Reed and his favourites, Black and Watson, before we appoint another manager.

And this too!

Obviously would never want my team to lose but if we beat a broken Everton side, Pellegrino will be kept on. We then lose to City and surely board will take 'so what everyone does' attitude. Pelligrino will still be in charge against B'mouth... That's just more points for him to throw away. Reminsicent of when WHU beat Spurs' 3XI and won Bilic more time. Need to get rid ASAP.

Everton are shocking and there for the taking, we have to start at a fast tempo and try to get that early goal, reckon they may fall to bits.

But...we know we will start slow and head into halftime at 0-0, then they will score a goal from the edge of the box with their first shot on target...yadda yadda.

We should win this by a goal or two.

Would love us to play 3-5-2 just once with Austin and Gabbi up top.

I’m with you and nothing to lose playing that but unfortunately there seems little appetite for changing anything apart from dropping Gabbi,