Yoshida v VVD

whelk

Ok VVD is the better player but for me much rather be cheering Yoshida in the team. He’s done nothing wrong and his attitude is always spot on so feel bit sorry for him. We are cr ap at the mo but would rather see him in the team than that mercenary bastard. At least he would give a sh1t. Never thought I’d be ever saying that.

Ok VVD is the better player but for me much rather be cheering Yoshida in the team. He’s done nothing wrong and his attitude is always spot on so feel bit sorry for him. We are cr ap at the mo but would rather see him in the team than that mercenary bastard. At least he would give a sh1t. Never thought I’d be ever saying that.

VVD is probably the second best player in the squad unfortunately he looks like he is just going through the motions right now as our Nige used to say

“Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn’t Work*Hard”

agreed , pick the players with the best attitude, not underperforming prima donnas

More Goals from less games...... Maybe we should have a "Long or Yoshida" thread?

Playing him up front is not as daft as it sounds, given Saints' current malaise; he is big, quick, defensive and knows where the goal is. He also has a hammer of a dead-ball delivery. I'd be inclined to stick van Dijk up front though, he might even cheer up a bit...

Regardless of whom you would prefer to be clapping, I have been told by a current player I bumped into a couple of weeks back that VVD is first choice, period. This is because the club are looking to sell him and he needs to be in the shop window. Hoedt and Yoshida to be rotated for the second position. Assuming all are fit that would suggest it will be Yoshida and VVD to face Everton in the next game as Hoedt played against Liverpool, Yoshida against Burnley and Hoedt against Brighton.

Regardless of whom you would prefer to be clapping' date=' I have been told by a current player I bumped into a couple of weeks back that VVD is first choice, period. This is because the club are looking to sell him and he needs to be in the shop window. Hoedt and Yoshida to be rotated for the second position. Assuming all are fit that would suggest it will be Yoshida and VVD to face Everton in the next game as Hoedt played against Liverpool, Yoshida against Burnley and Hoedt against Brighton.[/quote']

And there is the issue currently with the club ......selection should be the managers call NOT a directive from above period

If more of our players had displayed Yoshida's passion, loyalty and commitment and less of the self-absorbed attitude of the prime donnas then Saints would be in a far better place right now.

I could find it easier to accept VVD being in the team and Yoshida on the bench if the latter had been playing poorly, but, as others have already said, the regular run of games have shown him to be a very solid performer.