Weekend’s other games

whelk

Premier League - best league in the world my arse. It has become one of the dullest in the world - most teams seems afraid to lose and are set up so defensive it makes for awful games.

Does feel going the way of Serie A in the 90s these days.

Watford are only 8th. A few of our precious fans wouldn't deem that good enough

They also got knocked out of the League cup to Bristol City at home. Perhaps his fan club missed that result. Considering it’s so easy to get to a final in that competition they must be disappointed.

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

They went very quiet after the embarrassing 3-2 defeat at Everton too.

He's obviously doing well at Watford but he's not as good as some people think he is. No better than Puel, that's for sure. Failed at a big club in his own country too.

Just like Puel then.

As for better, who knows. Puel is good at what he does, but not everyone enjoys watching his style of football. And he was the wrong man at the wrong time for us.

Silva plays a different style and is much more entertaining and seem to have decent enough man manegment skills. Therefore, I’d say for us, he’d be a better fit.

I’d also argue that Watford’s squad isn’t as good as ours.

Edited by SKD

They also got knocked out of the League cup to Bristol City at home. Perhaps his fan club missed that result. Considering it’s so easy to get to a final in that competition they must be disappointed.

Sort of goes to show how un thought of that competition is really..... Generally it’s seen as more of a nuisance until the semi finals.

Just like Puel then.

As for better, who knows. Puel is good at what he does, but not everyone enjoys watching his style of football. And he was the wrong man at the wrong time for us.

Silva plays a different style and is much more entertaining and seem to have decent enough man manegment skills. Therefore, I’d say for us, he’d be a better fit.

I’d also argue that Watford’s squad isn’t as good as ours.[/QUOTE]

At the back, maybe, but in attack, Watford look lethal, the best of the rest so far by a country mile. And who doesn't like to see a goal or three...?

Just like Puel then.

He won the domestic league, got Lyon to the semi-finals of the Champions League and in his last job in France, got a relatively unfancied team to Europe.

He won the domestic league, got Lyon to the semi-finals of the Champions League and in his last job in France, got a relatively unfancied team to Europe.

and on another note pellegrino led alaves to 9th and this season they are in the relegation zone with 2 wins from 11, again I don't know the context but that gives him a positive spin.

at end of the day, both don't appear to be PL standard managers

Does feel going the way of Serie A in the 90s these days.

My thoughts exactly. That was supposed to be THE league back then, so is the Prem now. That was ****ing boring and now so is the Premier League. It's not just us it's 75% of the league. Look at today's results. Two teams managed more than a single goal. IT'S ****.

???

Have you not looked at the league table recently? Burnley are level on points with Arsenal, Watford only 1 point behind.

I wouldn't big up Burnley. A lot of plucky 1-0 wins. They've sat back every game and taken their rare chances in attack.

Watford look best of the rest from the top 6 while the other 13 are all dire. Top 6+Watford are averaging 2.04 goals a game while the other 13 average 0.88 goals a game... Dire.

And when virtually every team is sitting back flooding the box, only teams with pace to get forward or target men to win headers will break them down. We sold both those things summer 2016. Slow and short.

???

Have you not looked at the league table recently? Burnley are level on points with Arsenal, Watford only 1 point behind.

Well let’s see how Burnley get on against Arsenal today.

There will always be shocks but they do seem less frequent. Would be interested what returns would be if put a tenner on ,the big six winning every week, save for when they are playing each other. Would be v surprised if didn’t turn a profit. Although the Megson factor scuppered it this week

I wouldn't big up Burnley. A lot of plucky 1-0 wins. They've sat back every game and taken their rare chances in attack.

Watford look best of the rest from the top 6 while the other 13 are all dire. Top 6+Watford are averaging 2.04 goals a game while the other 13 average 0.88 goals a game... Dire.

And when virtually every team is sitting back flooding the box, only teams with pace to get forward or target men to win headers will break them down. We sold both those things summer 2016. Slow and short.

And we all know however Burnley or Watford do this season next season they are just as likely to be in a relegation battle. It’s all just survival first.

Why Saints more than Stoke, Everton, West Brom? All currently below us.

Plus I wouldn't swap the Saints squad for Newcastle, Bournemouth, Huddersfield or Brighton's.

Is because we’re in free fall, can’t score goals and let too many in. We have an awful keeper and a crap manager,

In regards to swapping squads did I say I would? We have a decent squad, but at the moment we’re terribly mismanaged, and we have a few glaring weaknesses which we, once again, failed to plug in the transfer window.

Give it to the new year and we’ll likely be in the bottom 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Why has Lallana turned himself into a clone of Joe Allen.

New boyfriend? Jordan wont be pleased.

Having slid off the Nivea adds - he's touting to be the new face of Pantene for Men.

I had stepped out of the room when the highlights were shown on MOTD, all I heard from the living room where great hoots of laughter, followed by "what the F's that on your head" from Wife and Daughter.

Just like Puel then.

At the back, maybe, but in attack, Watford look lethal, the best of the rest so far by a country mile. And who doesn't like to see a goal or three...?

Personally I’d only take Richarlison and Grey. I think it’s more down to how the team have been set up, rather than quality of players.

If you compare Boths records in the PL... the evidence is pretty damming in Silva’s favour.

Puel

Matches: 42

Wins: 13

Draws: 12

Losses: 17

Goals For: 46

Silva

Matches: 31

Wins: 12

Draws: 6

Losses: 13

Goals For: 42

So Silva’s teams win more and score more goals (also half 20 odd of these were with a truly terrible Hull squad). To me it’s pretty easy to make decision on who’s the better manager. Imagine what he could do with a decent squad....

Is because we’re in free fall, can’t score goals and let too many in. We have an awful keeper and a crap manager,

In regards to swapping squads did I say I would? We have a decent squad, but at the moment we’re terribly mismanaged, and we have a few glaring weaknesses which we, once again, failed to plug in the transfer window.

Give it to the new year and we’ll likely be in the bottom 3.

erm your first statement suggests the second isn't that true...

No...what I mean is the players we have are better than those other teams, but the tactics and lack of effort in some parts are hurting us.

Some maybe but we have probably the worst keeper in the league I would literally take any other PL teams keeper over him he is costing us points every week. Our strikers have the worst conversion rates in the league. Our midfield is decent if Romeu and Lemina are both available (but gash if not) and our defence on paper is very good but two out of the four are just phoning in a performance every week. My take is the manager could do more to get the best out of what we have but also this squad is not nearly as good as same people seem to think it is.

Are you in the Pellegrino in or out camp, MLG?

of course he isnt. he just agrees with what ever the club do and as MP is the current manager, he gets MLG's full support

Wrong Batman! I'm getting very close to wanting him out (not winning today will probably tip me into the out camp). He should be doing better with this squad of players.

I stopped reading after you preferred The Mummy to Heurelho Gomes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In fairness I was only referring to attacking players. But you’re right Gomes would replace Forster as would probably every other keeper in the PL, at the moment.