• Davis
    • Boufal
    • Tadic
    • JWP
    • Austin
    • Lemina
    • Long
    • Yoshida

Bit harsh on FF that. Didn't do anything wrong today - even caught a cross cleanly!!

He was off his line with ball outside the penalty area, therefore poor positioning and that is why the ball went over his head. Another goal conceded from outside the penalty area. How many more?

Very thin paper over very large cracks....

Dont know whether to applaud Charlie Austin for his goals or curse him for giving MoPe another months employment and bringing us even closer to relegation...

It isn't very thin paper though is it. If we'd scraped a single goal victory after a streaky performance that would be very thin paper. We smashed them.

Very thin paper over very large cracks....

Dont know whether to applaud Charlie Austin for his goals or curse him for giving MoPe another months employment and bringing us even closer to relegation...

On the bright side, it's not long until advent calendar season.

Find it funny that anyone on seeing wba/wham/Everton/palace scrambling around for mediocre managers that they think the grass would be that much greener for saints.

Personally i’m Very happy saints have pushed themselves back towards mid table security with this win. Things have hardly been perfect under Pellegrino but given we’ve beaten the bottom teams we should be panicking.

Another big game against Bournemouth next weekend. Hopefully confidence from this display will help us.

Find it funny that anyone on seeing wba/wham/Everton/palace scrambling around for mediocre managers that they think the grass would be that much greener for saints.

Personally i’m Very happy saints have pushed themselves back towards mid table security with this win. Things have hardly been perfect under Pellegrino but given we’ve beaten the bottom teams we should be panicking.

Another big game against Bournemouth next weekend. Hopefully confidence from this display will help us.

As long as city don't knock the confidence straight back out of us...

Austin has finally got fit and has arrived firing after getting up to speed with the u23s. Boufal looks so much more disciplined and tougher than I've ever seen him. PeH looking fit. Wednesday will be interesting playing playing city. Does our manager have a plan B? Will Austin be fit, and if so will he be risked?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I saw 25 minutes of the first half, and the last 25 of the second half, as I was travelling to work in the middle. Ergo I missed the Everton goal (although I was listening to 5live in the car so I heard it) and both Chaz's goals. Still from what I saw it looked like we were playing some decent football, controlled but more importantly incisive stuff, and most of the players were having good games.

From what I saw, I agree with the sentiment that Hojbjerg was having a good game, but there were a couple of times I saw where he lost possession that could have cost us, in the first in the build up to Tadic's goal, although he instantly put that right with a great pass to Boufal (I think it was) and once in the second half when he attempted a poor backpass but it bounced off an Everton player for a throw. (Show's their luck really.) I'll put this down as rustiness because he's been used sparingly. If he can get a run of games, he could easily be first choice. Having been at Bayern he seems to have good pedigree (akin to Romeu with Barcelona or Lemina with Juventus) and after that performance he deserves to keep his place. Tadic took his goal well, something he's been lacking as an attacking midfielder, and Boufal and JWP seemed to have good games. Bertrand and Cedric showed good attacking prowess - even though we won today, how we've not tried playing 3-5-2 apart from a poor cup game against Wolves when the season was as old as a baby sucking a tit I'll never know, with the players we have, the abundance of decent centre backs and attacking full backs, not to mention the potential to have Austin and Gabbiadini up front, it makes a lot of sense to me. Still I don't get paid millions to make that decision.

My MOTM though is for Austin - a whisper away from a goal in the first half (which maybe he could have done better on, but he made up for it later) and he could have had a hattrick. All in all a decent win for a change. City now becomes a free hit, and then we go balls out for Bournemouth. Perform like today and there's no reason why we can't win.

He was off his line with ball outside the penalty area, therefore poor positioning and that is why the ball went over his head. Another goal conceded from outside the penalty area. How many more?

Without wishing to defend him too much because I think he's a ****ing lumbering liability, I think that goal had more to do with quality of shot than inadequacy of goalkeeper. Totally understand if you see things differently.

Forster wasn't to blame for the goal at all. He looked commanding from their rare set piece situations, hopefully that will give him some confidence.

Obviously, he'll be a bit busier on Wednesday.

Rooney taking a bit of a caning for trying to blame Forster for that goal. I'm all for calling Forster out as a **** when he is a ****. He wasn't a **** today.

Looking at the stats PEH made more passes, 96, than any Saints player with better accuracy and made more tackles than any other player on the field. In ordinary circumstances MOM but only goals win matches and Austin's two headers were the match winners without them Everton were still in the game. We have found it so hard to score from play but Austin showed that three yards of intelligent positioning trumps everything else.

Best I've ever seen from Bertie today, he was really up for this one. World class and from easily MotM. His link up with Boufal was mesmerising to watch, sheer brilliance at times. Great to see Hojberg at his best, a bit rough around the edges still but top marks for effort. Everyone was at the races today, little to criticise. Shop window time.

That last goals showed the value of confidence, Cedric, JWP and Davis, all tidy and technical, if not that exceptional footballers. 2 weeks ago the would have played those passes sideways, taken extra touches, this time quick 1-2s, good movement, a good touch from JWP and quickly into Davis who got it out of his feet and scored a good goal.

PEH was excellent, deserves a longer run. Bertrand woke up and seems to be building a partnership with Boufal who was excellent I thought, consistently looked a threat.

Tadic scored and set one up, best I've seen him

And of course been saying it for a while but Austin needed to play, most natural goalscorer we have and makes space for himself in the box with clever movements.

Hoedt is also very classy, just strides around the pitch looking completely unflusterred and just pings passes all over the pitch.

Whatever happens against City, we just need to give a good account of ourselves and take the confidence from this game into the Bournemouth game. Everton were very very crap but if we play with that work rate, that passing, that tempo in other games we will go up the table.

Add Lemina in there (Romeu might be struggling for his place if Hojberg keeps that up) and we might have stumbled on a side.

That last goals showed the value of confidence, Cedric, JWP and Davis, all tidy and technical, if not that exceptional footballers. 2 weeks ago the would have played those passes sideways, taken extra touches, this time quick 1-2s, good movement, a good touch from JWP and quickly into Davis who got it out of his feet and scored a good goal.

PEH was excellent, deserves a longer run. Bertrand woke up and seems to be building a partnership with Boufal who was excellent I thought, consistently looked a threat.

Tadic scored and set one up, best I've seen him

And of course been saying it for a while but Austin needed to play, most natural goalscorer we have and makes space for himself in the box with clever movements.

Hoedt is also very classy, just strides around the pitch looking completely unflusterred and just pings passes all over the pitch.

Whatever happens against City, we just need to give a good account of ourselves and take the confidence from this game into the Bournemouth game. Everton were very very crap but if we play with that work rate, that passing, that tempo in other games we will go up the table.

Add Lemina in there (Romeu might be struggling for his place if Hojberg keeps that up) and we might have stumbled on a side.

On this performance perhaps we could play Hoj and Romeu as holders and try Lemina in front as a more box to box type?

well Iam anti Pellegrino, but it seems to me that he has changed things a tad, and we played some decent football.Ive seen Saints play rubbish football teams and lose and so I'm not going to be churlish and criticise our win. Well done the team and pellegrino

Nice to see things starting to gel and pay off. Really good performance today, everything just seemed to click. Højbjerg motm for me.

as good as we were, Everton were that bad and worse. Can't see them staying up this season.

I honestly think if they went down it would be the best thing that has ever happened in the whole history of football. Silly ******s coming on here to gloat about poaching Koeman. Poetic justice never had more relevance.

I definitely didn't see that coming. We were excellent, far, far better than them and could have won by more. Boufal, with the proper coaching, has the potential to go up a gear. Midfielders have presented Pellegrino with a few things to consider, JWP and Hojberg both excellent. Easier to list the moans , so here goes;

Probably should have scored more first half considering our dominance.

We looked sloppy and open at the back and a better team would punish us.

Still no faith in Forster.

We were up against one of the worst Premier League oppositions I've seen in a long time, hilarious.

On this performance perhaps we could play Hoj and Romeu as holders and try Lemina in front as a more box to box type?

Would certainly be an option against better teams, that is a powerful midfield and both Hoj and Lemina are decently mobile so we'd at least be tough to break down and carry some threat on the counter attack.

I think at home though or against teams we should beat we might need some more attacking players and I think Hoj and Lemina would be a good partnership.

PEH actually looked like the player we saw in clips playing first team for Bayern.

at least we went for it but i don't think that game tells us much as everton were soooooo bad - a good solid confidence builder which was refreshingly enjoyable to watch

aside from his cross for austins goal I thought bertrand had a pretty bad game - poor passing, slow decision making and failed to close down everton players on a number of occasions. PEH was superb, a more refined version of romeu with a broader range of passes.

we looked a bit ragged at the back sometimes and there was too much dithering about before we cleared our lines.

city will smash us on weds

PEH actually looked like the player we saw in clips playing first team for Bayern.

Anyone who saw his bit part appearances at the start of last season could see what he was about. Unfortunately it seemed the longer he was exposed to Puel’s tutelage the worse he became. I think I’d trust the eye of Bayern and Pep.

Great performance and a very entertaining game. We can look forward to more of the same with Charlie Austin in the team. All of those wasted crosses the team has been putting into the opposition box for months, just for nobody to be there, apart from opposition defenders, can now be turned into goals. I remember when Pelle was sold and fans were saying it's OK, we've got Austin. But, then the managers didn't play him. Hopefully, Pellegrino has seen the light now.

Best I've ever seen from Bertie today, he was really up for this one. World class and from easily MotM. His link up with Boufal was mesmerising to watch, sheer brilliance at times. Great to see Hojberg at his best, a bit rough around the edges still but top marks for effort. Everyone was at the races today, little to criticise. Shop window time.
Totally agree, thought Bertrand was excellent today.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk