Morgan Schneiderlin

9-3

One of my favourite Saints but the grass is not always greener...

...he got his move to a bigger team, he got his money, had a mare at United and it sounds like he’s now reviled by many Everton supporters. I can’t bring myself to feel sorry for these millionaires, especially when they get what they ask for.

...he got his move to a bigger team, he got his money, had a mare at United and it sounds like he’s now reviled by many Everton supporters. I can’t bring myself to feel sorry for these millionaires, especially when they get what they ask for.

Nope, no sympathy whatsoever. Only one that got to me was Lambert - so sad to see the way his career ended up.

What has happened to him, he was one of the most dynamic and complete midfielders for us, everywhere on the pitch topping the league for interceptions and tackles.

Today I forgot he was even there.

Classic example of how things can work out if your motivation is just money, he seemed lazy today and has for a while and was much the same at utd

At the end of the game on TV I heard some booing pipe up and could see Schneiderlin looking over to the Northam with an angry look on his face - did he try to come over and applaud?

No that was the away fans. The young lad is it Kenny? wondered over to the away fans to clap them and got a round of applause the rest of the Everton team start to come over and the way fans start booing and giving them all the ****** signs so they turned around and shot down the tunnel sharpish to yet more booing :lol:

No that was the away fans. The young lad is it Kenny? wondered over to the away fans to clap them and got a round of applause the rest of the Everton team start to come over and the way fans start booing and giving them all the ****** signs so they turned around and shot down the tunnel sharpish to yet more booing :lol:

The cluster****ery going on with Everton is truly spectacular.

The cluster****ery going on with Everton is truly spectacular.

You really couldn't write it. It's such a shame we aren't at our 15/16 level because it would be absolutely superb to be flying whilst they fight relegation after all the embarrassing talk of top 4 and 'ambition'.

Let's not mad here, you can also see why he wanted to go to United. That's not just about chasing cash is it.

Didn't work out for him, which I am really surprised at, and now he looks shot to pieces in an Everton side that is collapsing in every game.

I don't want him back, or have any particular sympathy for him, but it's a shame to see such a great player for us in this state.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Central midfield: Everton

After Beni Baningime's excellent display in the Europa League, the onus was on Scheniderlin to perform for Everton and take his spot back. He was utterly useless, instead, attempting 0 tackles

http://www.bing.com/news/apiclick.aspx?ref=BDIGeneric&aid=C98EA5B0842DBB9405BBF071E1DA7651530FFE51&tid=2CD234BDB10D41EDB3AF8FB365C3DC5A&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.hitc.com%2fen-gb%2f2017%2f11%2f27%2feriksen-struggles-again-the-worst-combined-xi-from-the-premier-l%2f&c=18030783313331102745&mkt=en-gb

Schneiderlin could have become one the midfield greats, he certainly had the potential. But in terms of his Saints connection, his most useful contribution to us is to highlight that the grass isn't always greener elsewhere. Add him to a growing list of players who left us for the glory clubs and then failed to impress there and then saw their careers decline. Schneiderlin was one of those with the greatest potential who has fallen down quite far, but the list includes Shaw, Chambers, Lovren and Lambert. Lambert was the only one I was sad to see go. Of those others, none would probably get into our current team if they were ever to return. Of the more successful players who recently departed for bigger clubs, apart from Mane, an argument can be put that generally we have players of equal ability replacing them.

Same here. Not many of the recent departees have gone on to shine that much brighter, Mane perhaps. Won't stop it happening in the future unfortunately, money and arrogance is a heady mix.

Well I feel sorry for him. He could have kicked up a fuss when he wanted his move but didn't. Knuckled down and gave us an extra year. A fine player and he would still add to us now. Shame he got booed. He had the look of someone who knows he cocked up.

Schneiderlin could have become one the midfield greats, he certainly had the potential. But in terms of his Saints connection, his most useful contribution to us is to highlight that the grass isn't always greener elsewhere. Add him to a growing list of players who left us for the glory clubs and then failed to impress there and then saw their careers decline. Schneiderlin was one of those with the greatest potential who has fallen down quite far, but the list includes Shaw, Chambers, Lovren and Lambert. Lambert was the only one I was sad to see go. Of those others, none would probably get into our current team if they were ever to return. Of the more successful players who recently departed for bigger clubs, apart from Mane, an argument can be put that generally we have players of equal ability replacing them.

Agree apart from Lambert - yes he might have had a more productive year with us rather than with Liverpool, but you could sense he was in decline in his final season with us. Not sure he had much more than a season left as a starter. Obviously doesn't change what a hero he was for us during his time though!

I don't dislike Schneiderlin, he did a lot more good for us than bad, but if his struggles are helping to make Everton terrible then so be it!

I can feel a little sympathy for him. He was signed by van Gaal at United, who was hardly the most popular manager at Old Trafford, especially in his final season. Then he wasn't Mourihno's cup of tea either and so chose to link up with Koeman at Everton to get some first team football.

None of those moves have worked out for him to be fair.

Agree apart from Lambert - yes he might have had a more productive year with us rather than with Liverpool, but you could sense he was in decline in his final season with us. Not sure he had much more than a season left as a starter. Obviously doesn't change what a hero he was for us during his time though!

I don't dislike Schneiderlin, he did a lot more good for us than bad, but if his struggles are helping to make Everton terrible then so be it!

The sadness with Lambert's departure is because of how great a servant he was for our club, not because I was unhappy that he didn't stay one more year. I didn't begrudge him a final pay cheque returning to his spiritual home where his career in football commenced. I would even have hoped for his sake that he could have had a successful season with Liverpool for his swan song. But then Rodgers was such a useless manager for them and didn't realise that Lambert came into his own partnered with somebody like Lallana, and also that he offered so much more than goals to a team in his play.

Felt for the lad. You can cite all of the money shyte that you want to - but that's not why he left us. He left us (for a better team) in order to further his career. With that, comes more money, agreed, but that is not the driving force for most players.

Morgan was an absolute top player for us and now it's all gone spectacularly wrong for him. Sad to see what used to be an accomplished ball winner and passer hardly manage to put his foot in yesterday. Personally I hope it all comes good for him again, if not at Everton then somewhere else.

Felt for the lad. You can cite all of the money shyte that you want to - but that's not why he left us. He left us (for a better team) in order to further his career. With that, comes more money, agreed, but that is not the driving force for most players.

Morgan was an absolute top player for us and now it's all gone spectacularly wrong for him. Sad to see what used to be an accomplished ball winner and passer hardly manage to put his foot in yesterday. Personally I hope it all comes good for him again, if not at Everton then somewhere else.

Absolutely right. It`s all too easy to forget the years and the loyalty he gave us. I for one wish him well.

I wish the lad well. Of course going to a larger club you are going to earn more, but I think he just honestly wanted to push on in his career like any one of us would want to do.. It hasn´t worked out but let´s not forget the years of service he gave as we rose up the leagues. Even after he had his move rejected first time around he knuckled straight back down (think he may have got a goal or two against West Ham) and gave us a final great season.

Knock Knock

Who's there?

Morgan Schneiderlin.

Morgan Schneiderlin Who?

Morgan Schneiderlin should have learnt from others who chased the money.

I likes him to and didn't want him to go, but now he has, it's unfortunate that things haven't worked out for him.

Not only that, but he thought he could blossom under Koeman again, and that hasn't worked out either.

Would I have him back? Probably not, not now.

I find it so weird that people think he was chasing money. When he left, did any of us really think he wasn't good enough for United's first team? He went to go and play for one of the greatest clubs on earth, win trophies and make a lot of money in the process. The fact he left to get games at Everton, rather than sitting in the United reserves for big wages, should make it even clearer. If you're bitter whenever a good player leaves Saints then that's fine, but just say so instead of pretending he did anything wrong besides that tweet!

It's not like he went to China for money (Pelle) or went at a risky, early stage in his career (Chambers).

Well that's both Morgan and Luke Shaw who chased the money at United and their carers nose dived, always remember Yeovil away when Morgan got a straight red.

Not sure money is the only reason players want to join Manchester United, especially if they appear to be good enough to get in the team there.

I’ve posted time & time again that he’s over rated on here, and received loads of stick for saying it. Was pretty decent for us, but that was his level. Even at his best he’s not a patch on Big Vic or Lemina, and OR is better defensively by a mile. Had he not left us, he would have been a squad player by now. I’ve nothing against the guy and he was part of a fantastic era for us, but he’s been found out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve posted time & time again that he’s over rated on here, and received loads of stick for saying it. Was pretty decent for us, but that was his level. Even at his best he’s not a patch on Big Vic or Lemina, and OR is better defensively by a mile. Had he not left us, he would have been a squad player by now. I’ve nothing against the guy and he was part of a fantastic era for us, but he’s been found out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Totally agree. I never understood why some of our fans raved about him as some sort of superstar. He was never anything more than an average Premier League midfielder. Playing alongside Wanyama made life very easy for him. Even then, Schneiderlin often used to get caught dwelling on the ball, and was too easily dispossessed. At times it's like he's daydreaming. He seems to find it hard to concentrate for a whole game.