Man City Away Match Thread

ALWAYS_SFC

This is his default position - the way he managed Alaves. By the way we’re playing, he and we seem pretty comfortable with it.

Aye. There seems little point in playing to City's strengths. If we get a point, then I think we'll be happy. If we manage to catch them on the break, or more realistically from a corner, then........!!

I can sort of see the logic of playing Redmond in this game, as in theory he is pacy and should be able to cause the Citeh defense problems on the break. But oh my days he has been crap.

No ball control, no intelligence and just generally awful. Very much the weak link tonight.

That half buries the argument that Pellegrino is ‘out of his depth’. This fixture is the deepest water you can get and he’s set us up brilliantly.

More of the same please - maybe Tadic for Redmond at some point. It’ll get harder when they bring Silva on.

Fantastic half from us. If only we'd buried one of those chances..
There is a train of thought that says had we scored early doors then Man City would have gone ultra attacking and it would have ended up being a consolation goal. The longer it stays 0-0 the better IMO, perverse as that 'logic' may seem...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

We're at least playing better than we did at Liverpool. Good stuff so far.

I can't see us holding out tbh, but it's not the thrashing that was perhaps expected this time a week ago.

This.

We look a team. We're organised, we have a plan, we have asked a few questions.

Hats off to MoPe. Not sure I'm changing my vote yet, but credit to him for this performance so far.

Still a departure from Pellegrinos pass sideways, backwards, retain possession at all costs style...glad to see a manager learning from mistakes though. Maybe he can turn it around yet.

Shame Yoshida and Hoedt didn't show more composure although would we have just got Citys backs up more if we went into halftime beating them?

That was an impressive half. Everyone very organised and know their roles well. Kompany having a shocker both on the pitch and in the air where Long is beating him regularly. Much better both tactically and in terms of personnel in the last 1.5 matches. Hope yet! Only negative is Redmond - Boufal on for him, hopefully.

That half buries the argument that Pellegrino is ‘out of his depth’. This fixture is the deepest water you can get and he’s set us up brilliantly.

More of the same please - maybe Tadic for Redmond at some point. It’ll get harder when they bring Silva on.

This. Credit to Pellegrino. Tactics been 10/10. We should have scored two as well.

He has to be credited for the set up and tactics tonight. Apart from Redmond and Long - I'd say this is our best line up, even at home against a weaker side. I love seeing the 3 CB's and Hojbjerg, Lemina and Romeu all included. Add Boufal and Gabbiadini for Long and Redmond and we have a very good line up. Should be 2-0 up, unbelievable misses.

There is a train of thought that says had we scored early doors then Man City would have gone ultra attacking and it would have ended up being a consolation goal. The longer it stays 0-0 the better IMO, perverse as that 'logic' may seem...

My thoughts exactly. We only really want to take the lead in the 85th minute or afterwards really. And even then, that'll give them enough time for an equaliser...

A really solid performance. I'm delighted to see the 3-5-2 at last. Three solid CBs and three solid central midfielders in front of them, two nippy full backs to get back to make a five in defence, or five across the middle, and two fast players to keep the City defence on its toes. Shame that the two up front are both fairly toothless as a goal threat, but they do have the speed to track back. Keep it at 0-0 until late in the match and then maybe throw the dice with Austin up top for Redmond and Boufal on for one of the midfield three.

Didn't mark hughes say something like that when city slaughtered stoke? That when stoke pulled it back to 3-2 it only annoyed citeh :D :D .......and he was probably right.

Hush Duncan, you can't say that on here!!!

Watching the match live on a Russian channel. The commentators think we are very unlucky not to be in front at half-time and that the best 2 players during the first half were Lemina and Forster!

I must admit, I enjoyed watching that half. Here's hoping we can keep it up!!!