Man City Away Match Thread

ALWAYS_SFC

Forster, Cédric, Yoshida, van Dijk, Hoedt, Bertrand, Højbjerg, Romeu, Lemina, Redmond, Long.

Subs: McCarthy, McQueen, Boufal, Tadić, Austin, Davis, Gabbiadini.

Ultra-defensive it is then. I’m interested to see how the 3-5-2 works. It could end up being something like a 3-6-1 with Long as the lone striker. Shame he’s not very good at scoring goals.

I’m happy that Hoj gets to prove himself against strong opposition after Sunday’s gem against Everton.

That's it. I'm done with this manager. He can **** off now. Don't change a winning side. Austin has scored 7 in last 11 starts and played great on Saturday, scored twice, so guess what, he's dropped!!! Long hasn't scored since Feb but starts......

Ward-Prowse was excellent Saturday, so guess what, Dropped!!!! Tadic had a good game Saturday, 1 goal, 1 assist, guess what, that's right, ****ing dropped!!!!!

No wonder players want to leave!! We have waited ages for goals, finally get 4 on Saturday, and he drops the best players that score and create the goals. Madness.

Hope we ****ing lose now

:spaz:

That's it. I'm done with this manager. He can **** off now. Don't change a winning side. Austin has scored 7 in last 11 starts and played great on Saturday, scored twice, so guess what, he's dropped!!! Long hasn't scored since Feb but starts......

Ward-Prowse was excellent Saturday, so guess what, Dropped!!!! Tadic had a good game Saturday, 1 goal, 1 assist, guess what, that's right, ****ing dropped!!!!!

No wonder players want to leave!! We have waited ages for goals, finally get 4 on Saturday, and he drops the best players that score and create the goals. Madness.

Hope we ****ing lose now

Fool. Squad rotation is necessary, we have lots of games coming up.

Hope we ****ing lose now

I like Austin but he is about as much use as a chocolate teapot away from home trying to play on the counter.

Same goes for Tadic. While JWP is no where near as good as Lemina or Romeu and on Sundays showing Hoj is more deserving of a start.

It's pretty clear if we tried to play like we did Sunday city would destroy us this team is about our best chance of getting a result though I'd have had Gabbi over Long.

I like Austin but he is about as much use as a chocolate teapot away from home trying to play on the counter.

Same goes for Tadic. While JWP is no where near as good as Lemina or Romeu and on Sundays showing Hoj is more deserving of a start.

It's pretty clear if we tried to play like we did Sunday city would destroy us this team is about our best chance of getting a result though I'd have had Gabbi over Long.

I hope you are right!! But I can't see us keeping a clean sheet so we will need to score at least one....

What a bloody clown. Going into it as defensive as we are will result in what we deserve: nothing.

This guy is so clueless it is untrue......even Saturday against Everton when we were crushing them he made extremely defensive substitutions instead of going for the jugular.

4-0 City

Hope we ****ing lose now

:lol:

Just had a thought... Perhaps we could see what happens before slagging off..............No

Ok just a thought

I suspect RB and CS will be more defenders than wing backs tonight and not playing Charlie makes sense as we wont be getting too

may crosses in... rest him for sunday when we will

Ooh I was close with my line up prediction!

I'm pleased we're finally using 3 at the back - with the personnel we have, especially at centre back and with attacking full backs, this is the formation I think we should be using. My issue is that we're using it against City. Chances are we'll lose (as we did against Wolves) and the formation will be disregarded again.

Still, I'm glad we have pace up top, the only issue with the line up is that Cedric and Ryan's job will be to whip crosses in, but we have no big man on the end of them. I'm hoping Shane has had positioning lessons from Chaz.

I think we'll lose, but it'll be good to play well and get a goal against these...or two!

Just had a thought... Perhaps we could see what happens before slagging off...........

Slagging the manager off before the game starts is a win-win for the doom and gloom brigade...

If we lose they can play their "told you so" card and if we win they can play their "glad I was proven wrong in hindsight" card.

Failing that, they can always resort to a round or two of golf.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Unfortunately Austin's a lard who can't play three games a week. If he were fitter, he might be playing tonight.

He also isn't much use on the counter due to a lack of pace.

At home where we control games better and often have more possession I'd happily play Austin. Away at city though I doubt he'd get to touch the ball. Personally I'd have Gabbi more pacy than Austin and a better finisher than Long.

Slagging the manager off before the game starts is a win-win for the doom and gloom brigade...

If we lose they can play their "told you so" card and if we win they can play their "glad I was proven wrong in hindsight" card.

I think the told you so card is a bit moot up against a side that has won 12 on the bounce, with arguably the worlds best manager and one of the most expensive squads in the world.

At least they don't sit on the fence endlessly.

Appreciate you need to be conservative when playing the likes of city, but this is outrageously defensive. Almost pointless playing Long up top alone with no one within 20 yards of him.

Will need to counter with Pace, you can’t defend the whole game.