Man City Away Match Thread

ALWAYS_SFC

I'm not really sure it matters who we play in this one city are at a different level to everyone else in the league.

They are good enough to play their way out of the press and good enough to open up deep sitting bus parking teams.

I imagine MoPe will try the same plan we had against Liverpool and hope we don't concede and nick one. So I expect Long and Redmond in for the counter attack. What ever I can't see us getting any sort of result against city.

I'm not really sure it matters who we play in this one city are at a different level to everyone else in the league.

They are good enough to play their way out of the press and good enough to open up deep sitting bus parking teams.

What ever I can't see us getting any sort of result against city.

I agree but of course City are due for a bad game sometime hope it is on Wednesday

It's St Mary's. They used to bring them up on the coaches, but not any more. No collection St away grounds. Do you know anyone who can pick up for you?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Booked tickets with the ticket office and they are being sent recorded delivery to arrive tomorrow morning (£6 for the privalage but needs must) If they dont arrive in time tomorrow I can arrange for duplicates to be printed and collected at Man City.

------------------------------Forster------------------------------

Cedric--------Yoshida -----VVD---------------Hoot--------------Bertrand

------------------Lemina----Stephens----------PEH------------------------

------------------------------Long----Gabbi ---------------------------

Puzzled why you'd pick Stephens in midfield and not Romeu?

Shop window game for VVD this so i expect him to play his game of the season so far, still think we'll get beaten comfortably though. Not sure i'd bother risking Lemina or Austin for this, Bournemouth is far more important so rest them for that one.

Can see Redmond coming back in too so half expect Boufal to be dropped (hope i'm wrong).

Forster

Cedric Yoshida van Dijk Bertrand

JWP Hojbjerg Romeu Boufal

Redmond Long

Not sure about the two wide midfielders, but think Boufal might be helpful on the break while JWP will help defensively. Long and Redmond are midfielders here, with nobody upfront (!) Just think they could help out defensively while also being a threat on the counter attack, which is probably the only way we can score. Bit of a bizarre idea formation-wise but not sure how playing the same team in the same formation and the same tactics will get anything from the game.

------------------------------Forster------------------------------

Cedric------------VVD---------------Hoot--------------Bertrand

--------------------------Romeu----------PEH------------------------

--------Long------------boufal ----------tadic-----------

-----------------------------Gabby-----------------------------------

Have lemina and Austin come on late in the second half for fitness levels and to make sure they're ready for Bournemouth

Am I missing something here?? Austin has a great game, scores 2 goals, and you lot want him dropped?? Don't you think he's had enough rest?? Madness, utter madness. A buzzing confident striker is just what we need in the side right now

I think it is perfect logic actually, for three reasons...

1. He scored two goals on Sunday because the Everton CBs were shocking and left him completely unmarked to get on the end of those crosses. He won't get anything like that amount of space against Man City.

2. If our gameplan is to park the bus and hope for a counter attack, then he is not the right man to play that one up front role. Would prefer to see Gabbi or even Long in that role.

3. I doubt he would be able to play 3 games in a week, and would rather see him kept fresh for Bournemouth next weekend where he will be able to find much more room to operate amongst their defenders.

-----------------------------Forster-------------------------------

Cedric--------Van ****------Hoedt---------Bertrand

--------------------Romeu---------PEH-----------------------

---------Davis----------Lemina-------------Boufal--------

----------------------------Austin--------------------------------

Yep, ill go along with that!

-----------------------------Forster-------------------------------

Cedric--------Van ****------Hoedt---------Bertrand

--------------------Romeu---------PEH-----------------------

---------Davis----------Lemina-------------Boufal--------

----------------------------Austin--------------------------------

Swap out Davis for JWP (Austin needs good delivery from both sides) and I'd pretty much agree with that.

1. He scored two goals on Sunday because the Everton CBs were shocking and left him completely unmarked to get on the end of those crosses. He won't get anything like that amount of space against Man City.

2. If our gameplan is to park the bus and hope for a counter attack, then he is not the right man to play that one up front role. Would prefer to see Gabbi or even Long in that role.

3. I doubt he would be able to play 3 games in a week, and would rather see him kept fresh for Bournemouth next weekend where he will be able to find much more room to operate amongst their defenders.

Hoping this is the managers thinking as well tbh especially regarding point no. 3

Rubbish!!

Is this the same Long that hasn't scored in 20+ games? We might only get one chance against City and if it falls to Austin he is more likely to take it. Save Long for last 15 mins. Don't change a winning side!!! And why can't Austin make 3 starts in a week? He's not an old man! I don't care if it's City or Swansea we are playing, don't change a winning side

Rubbish!!

Is this the same Long that hasn't scored in 20+ games? We might only get one chance against City and if it falls to Austin he is more likely to take it. Save Long for last 15 mins. Don't change a winning side!!! And why can't Austin make 3 starts in a week? He's not an old man! I don't care if it's City or Swansea we are playing, don't change a winning side

Your not very bright Dave are you !?

We have no chance, so play Long up front and let him run around. Play both Gabbi and Austin in a 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 the weekend in a winnable game.

Man City have already won the game, according to many on here. No wonder they are 8 points out in front. Never give up, we will never surrender.

We have every chance, this is a two horse race.

Think positive. We can win this.

We have no chance, so play Long up front and let him run around. Play both Gabbi and Austin in a 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 the weekend in a winnable game.

Did you say we had "no chance" the last time we played Pep Guardiola's team away...?

Interesting odds.

ManC 1/5

Draw 6/1

Saints 12/1

Pretty decent odds in a 2 horse race.

It is not a 2 horse race... you've just listed 3 possible outcomes! ;)

Man City have already won the game, according to many on here. No wonder they are 8 points out in front. Never give up, we will never surrender.

We have every chance, this is a two horse race.

Think positive. We can win this.

City are in a bit of a low ebb (by their standards) in their two most recent games - a narrow win away to Huddersfield thanks to a flukey late Sterling goal, and a narrow win against Feyenoord in the CL thanks to a late Sterling goal. A home win seems most likely but we have a shot at getting a result.

Great positive attitude there. What is the point of even sending up a side to Manchester if we have 'no chance'. For ****s sake, no wonder our players can't wait to leave with supporters attitude like this. Where is your fighting spirit man? I bet you are one of those fans that goes to games and moans about people singing too loud

Great positive attitude there. What is the point of even sending up a side to Manchester if we have 'no chance'. For ****s sake, no wonder our players can't wait to leave with supporters attitude like this. Where is your fighting spirit man? I bet you are one of those fans that goes to games and moans about people singing too loud

Nope, I wear earplugs :)

Redmond or Boufal have to play on the right, Delph is their weakest link. Though I'm pretty sure we could score 5 goals and lose against City as we have Forster in goal!

Guarantee we will concede a goal from Coutinho/De Bruyne/Sigurdsson range because we forgot to close somebody down on the edge of the box, and Big Fraser Forster will do his statue impression. De Bruyne or Fernandinho.

Ignore the game with Eveton which were exceptional poor and lack of confidence. Let's restore our first team selection: Long, Romeu and Redmond as they are the key of our recent success. Long will score eventually

Romeu yes, and Lemina too. We really ought to play three defensive midfielders in this game.

A lot of people seem keen to put Romeu back in but he’s been poor this season. I don’t understand it. Some players seem to fly beneath the radar. PEH had a better game than Romeu has had all year.

If you give a motm performance and get dropped it sends a poor message in my opinion. It’ll be just another example of rewarding mediocrity like we have with some long term contracts for average players.

I feel it creates the wrong culture.

Ignore the game with Eveton which were exceptional poor and lack of confidence. Let's restore our first team selection: Long, Romeu and Redmond as they are the key of our recent success. Long will score eventually
I'll assume this is totally ironic. The Redmond bit, at least. Long could do a job as an outlet if we're pegged back but not as a host scorer (perhaps we're playing for nil) and Romeu doesn't deserve to displace PEH or Lemina.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

My thoughts.

..................................Forster................................

.............Yoshida............VVD..........Hoedt................

Cedric........................Romeu.......................Bertrand

.............PEH............Gabbiadini........Lamina.............

..................................Long....................................

Long to pin their defence back, Gabbiadini to score our two goals, PEH and Lemina to add some bite to the midfield, but also some attacking threat, the two wingbacks to give us width and the rest to defend.

My thoughts.

..................................Forster................................

.............Yoshida............VVD..........Hoedt................

Cedric........................Romeu.......................Bertrand

.............PEH............Gabbiadini........Lamina.............

..................................Long....................................

Long to pin their defence back, Gabbiadini to score our two goals, PEH and Lemina to add some bite to the midfield, but also some attacking threat, the two wingbacks to give us width and the rest to defend.

That's not a bad shout IMO, although might be inclined to stick with Boufal (instead of Gabbiadini in that line-up). I'm also in two minds as to whether we should rest Austin or keep playing him. Valid arguments on both sides of that particular debate.

Keep Austin in. Even if he only plays the first 60 minutes, better to play him from the start while his confidence is up. Too much over-thinking going on here- confident players more likely to play well.

Exactly. We don't need to rest anyone from the off unless they are carrying a niggle. The Bournemouth game is winnable regardless of who we pick tonight.