Next ten games - predictions

Shroppie

We have ten games between now and Watford on Jan 13. Ridiculous to think this is over a quarter of a season in six weeks, but it's the way the PL do it (and it keeps Sky/BT happy). Some tough games so points needed from the "easier" ones.

Predictions? I'd be happy with 12 points:

Man City L

Bournemouth D

Arsenal D

Leicester W

Chelsea L

Huddersfield W

Spurs L

Man Utd L

Palace W

Watford D

Anything more, a bonus. And I think 12 is maybe optimistic.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Between 8 and 10, although if we play as we have up to the Everton game, it could well be fewer, however if we play like yesterday it could be more. I'd like at least one 'scalp' in that lot, and not letting Watford do the double over us.

Man City L

Bournemouth D

Arsenal D

Leicester W

Chelsea L

Huddersfield W

Spurs L

Man Utd L

Palace W

Watford D

Yes, those are reasonable predictions, for those of us who are optimistic.

Considerations:

-- for a number of years, now, we have gone into a slump in December (but given that we've already had our slump, maybe things will be different this season!)

-- apart from the long-term injury to Matt Targett, we are lucky to be injury-free at the moment (which is quite amazing)—with Lemina a significant return to the squad

-- we face five of the top six in the table (and four of those are away games!)—perhaps our squad will respond with a period of intense application and discipline!

-- six of the ten games are away, and our away form is worse than our home form

-- in the same fixtures last season (no Huddersfield game), we won at home to Leicester, won away at Bournemouth and Watford, drew at Man City, lost at home to Arsenal and Crystal Palace, and lost away at Chelsea, Spurs and Man Utd. (for a total of 10 points from nine games)

In summary, for us glass-half-full types, 12 points seems doable. And if we spring a surprise or two, we might manage 15. :p

Edited by Hamilton Saint

Yes, those are reasonable predictions, for those of us who are optimistic.

Considerations:

-- for a number of years, now, we have gone into a slump in December (but given that we've already had our slump, maybe things will be different this season!)

-- apart from the long-term injury to Matt Targett, we are lucky to be injury-free at the moment (which is quite amazing)—with Lemina a significant return to the squad

-- we face five of the top six in the table (and four of those are away games!)—perhaps our squad will respond with a period of intense application and discipline!

-- six of the ten games are away, and our away form is worse than our home form

-- in the same fixtures last season (no Huddersfield game), we won at home to Leicester, won away at Bournemouth and Watford, drew at Man City, lost at home to Arsenal and Crystal Palace, and lost away at Chelsea, Spurs and Man Utd. (for a total of 10 points from nine games)

In summary, for us glass-half-full types, 12 points seems doable. And if we spring a surprise or two, we might manage 15. :p

We won at home to Palace last year.

Very tough run of games, got to look for points at Bournemouth , Leicester, Huddersfield games plus you never know with Arsenal, think they've already lost 4 away this season. Likewise Spurs home form is unpredictable , they can look very good but failed to beat some of the lesser teams at Wembley

Our results this year have been quite predictable in terms of the strength of opposition.

Against the bottom 5, we have won 4 and drawn 1.

Against teams placed 9th - 15th, we have drawn 3 and lost 1

Against teams placed 1st - 8th, we have lost 4

On that basis, we would replicate DT's predictions and get 6 points, but that really isn't enough so hopefully we can pick up a couple of extra wins somewhere.

Well we need 24 points (to get to that magical 40) in 25 games. So 10 from the next 10 works within that.
But at least 50 points would be more comfortable. Still, 10-12 points from these tough fixtures should put us in a reasonable position to push on when we hit "easier" games again.

We have ten games between now and Watford on Jan 13. Ridiculous to think this is over a quarter of a season in six weeks, but it's the way the PL do it (and it keeps Sky/BT happy). Some tough games so points needed from the "easier" ones.

Man City L

Bournemouth D

Arsenal D

Leicester W

Chelsea L

Huddersfield W

Spurs L

Man Utd L

Palace W

Watford D

On schedule so far. And so close to an extra point.

Due a win against Leicester according to my predictions
Will be tough. They're on a roll since boring Claude got there. And he's got something to prove.

Think I'd keep Stephens RB. Pied would be destroyed by diagonal balls. Boufal for Redmond, otherwise I'd keep the same team - but we won't. He'll rotate, Lemina, Davis, Hoedt and maybe Gabbiadini in.

• 3 weeks later...

We're now heading for just half of my original target - 6.

If we can get a draw at Watford.

Home games v Huddersfield, Leicester and Palace have killed us. Only overachievement was Man U. But close to beating the norm v Arsenal and Man C.

Not looking good.