The Friendly Derby

Noodles34

What's boufal there to do?? Sit on the bench and scratch his arse as you have been advocating for God knows how long?

Ok then.

We don't need 5 defenders and 3 defensive midfielders vs Bournemouth

We are likely to be on the front foot, like we were vs. Everton. When we played in a 4-2-3-1 system... which has 3 attacking midfielder and 1 striker... 4 attacking players plus 2 attacking fullbacks = 6

You are suggesting we only have Gabbiadini & Boufal as attacking players & 2 attacking wing backs = 4

We are playing Bournemouth tomorrow... not Man City again!

Probably a statement of the obvious but Pellegrino has said that Pied will be in the starting lineup tomorrow in place of Soares:

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/15697550.Pellegrino_backs_Pied_to_shine/

Also, as expected he’s hinting at a return to the formation that beat Everton:

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/15697521.Pellegrino_prepares_to_freshen_Saints_up/

Probably a statement of the obvious but Pellegrino has said that Pied will be in the starting lineup tomorrow in place of Soares:

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/15697550.Pellegrino_backs_Pied_to_shine/

Also, as expected he’s hinting at a return to the formation that beat Everton:

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/15697521.Pellegrino_prepares_to_freshen_Saints_up/

massive weak link there Cedric has been playing well recently Pied is just not of the same quality I'm not even sure he is better than Cuco.

Didn't even realise Pied was fit. Better than nothing for sure, he has looked ok in the very few games hes played in...

Forster

Pied VVD Hoedt Bertrand

Lemina Romeu

JWP Tadic Boufal

Austin

Would be very harsh on Hojbjerg but don't think we can go with 3DM's against Bompey, and not sure you can leave Romeu or Lemina out. Also excludes Davis.

Sincere condolences to his family, but at least this means we won't have to suffer watching him fail to score yet again.

No, no, you misunderstood that comment I think. The poster was merely stating that Long isn't the player he used to be. It s just one viewpoint of course

Didn't even realise Pied was fit. Better than nothing for sure, he has looked ok in the very few games hes played in...

Forster

Pied VVD Hoedt Bertrand

Lemina Romeu

JWP Tadic Boufal

Austin

Would be very harsh on Hojbjerg but don't think we can go with 3DM's against Bompey, and not sure you can leave Romeu or Lemina out. Also excludes Davis.

I think you could play Hoj, Lemina and Romeu in the same team. I'd like to see Lemina in a more attacking role as a box to box. I'd drop JWP and try Lemina in behind Austin in the role Davis normally plays

Edited by doddisalegend

massive weak link there Cedric has been playing well recently Pied is just not of the same quality I'm not even sure he is better than Cuco.

If we play with a back 3 I have no problem with him being the wingback, one thing I noticed with Pied is that he isn't the best defensively as a rightback. Didn't he use to be winger earlier in his career?

I think you could play Hoj, Lemina and Romeu in the same team. I'd like to see Lemina in a more attacking role as a box to box. I'd drop JWP and try Lemina in behind Austin in the role Davis normally plays

Could potentially go something like...

Forster

Pied VVD Hoedt Bertrand

Lemina Romeu Hojbjerg

Tadic Austin Boufal

What's boufal there to do?? Sit on the bench and scratch his arse as you have been advocating for God knows how long?

Ok then.

I don't think you quite get this. It's not Boufal I have the problem with in that team, it's the 9 defensive players behind him. This is worse than the team Koeman put out in Denmark.

Rotation- another residual effect from last season, out of the manager's control?

Perhaps, though neither Hoj nor Lemina has played excessive amounts lately? It may well work out - no reason Davis and JWP can't dominate at Bournemouth - but on performances over the last two decent performances, rotation is the only reasonable explanation for the choice.

Dropping Hoj and Lemina for Davis and JWP had better prove to be a tactical masterstroke...

Resting two important players ahead of a tough game against Arsenal next week.

PEH has not featured all season and then played a shade under two full games in 4 days. Lemina back from a while out and the full 90 against City.

Romeu suspended vs Everton and Davis benched vs City.

Would expect next week's midfield to be PEH, Lemina and Romeu.

Resting two important players ahead of a tough game against Arsenal next week.

PEH has not featured all season and then played a shade under two full games in 4 days. Lemina back from a while out and the full 90 against City.

Romeu suspended vs Everton and Davis benched vs City.

Would expect next week's midfield to be PEH, Lemina and Romeu.

This - I think he's easing them back in, which may well make sense.