The Friendly Derby

Noodles34

We need to get Gabbi in for someone and team him up top with Austin. The issue with the 1 striker with us is that it means we have midfielders running into forward positions, and they aren't scorers. I'd rather go 2 upfront and have two guys who can score there.

Think we will get our wish MP was having a long chat with gabbi just before HT

I've seen one cross from open play. The rest of his game has been awful - tell me what I'm missing in his game?

I have 2 decent and 1 great delivery down for JWP so far.

I don't think he's had a great game by any means, but I don't see why he should be singled out. Definitely having a better game than Boufal at the very least.

After decent displays in last 2 games it seems there is always hope that we will turn things around and go on a run to get ourselves out of a messy situation but as always that seems to look like false hope and we shoot ourselves in the foot time and time again..... disappointing

No it was Romeu.

Davis to Hoedt to Romeu back to Hoedt.

It was the first pass that created the problem. Davis had options forward. Hoedt had only Romeu who was closed down and then went back to Hoedt, who did the rest.

Davis didn't even look to go forward, just did the easy backwards thing.

Which is probably why Pied was so far out of position, because he was going forward waiting for a ball that never came.

Yeah it was him. But you can't blame him for it. Was a simple pass.

Jwp, Austin off for me. Jwp would pass the ball back to half way if taking a penalty...

No it was all on Hoedt. He’s very one-footed, coming inside, showing the ball. He got away with it a couple of times but it’s not the time or place to dîck around.

Not looking great, and it seems that Pellegrino has learned nothing from the last two performances. We're dithering too much and not really causing Bournemouth any problems.

Tadic his usual useless self. Boufal is at least trying to make things happen but perhaps needs to calm down a bit.

Austin not had any service and won't create anything himself, so I would maybe swap him for Gabbi at HT.

Need to make some changes, that's for sure. We'll get nothing if we stick with the same setup as in the first half.

It's really quite incredible that we can defend so well against some of the best players in the world on Wednesday and yet defend so badly against Boscombe. Perhaps they are more up for it than we are, which would be a disgrace

We had a much stronger midfield against City, that's the difference.