Match of the day

dobbo

What rubbish last night hardly mentioned how well we did with the exception of Ian Wright who said how well VVD and Stephens played ?

Can't they even look at who is playing or are we just there to make up the numbers.......think I answered my own question

It was the same on MOTD2 on sunday night. Apart from a brief mention for Charlie Austin's ability to find space in the box, all the discussion was about how bad Everton were.

Although, perhaps that was inevitable given the fact that both the studio pundits were ex-Everton players.

Nobody is interested in small fry. Ex player pundits rarely see past the big four.

I caught a bit of talkSport earlier this morning. Jim White, Ray Parlour and someone else. First caller was a City ST holder who lambasted us for the way we played and how bad we were for football. Jim White said what a great call. Ray Parlour and the other bloke, took White to task and said what rubbish and it wasn't up to Saints to provide entertainment for City supporters. What the City caller obv doesn't realise is that the unchecked spending by City is bad for football.

I assume, had we won 2-1 with a last minute winner and they spent the whole analysis praising us, you'd expect them to spend more time discussing how good City were?

If we'd won with a last minute header, they'd have spent the entire time talking about how City had failed to break us down, then given us about five to ten seconds of 'we should give credit to Southampton...'

What rubbish last night hardly mentioned how well we did with the exception of Ian Wright who said how well VVD and Stephens played

Can't they even look at who is playing or are we just there to make up the numbers.......think I answered my own question

Stephens didn't play and wasn't even among the subs...

It was the same on MOTD2 on sunday night. Apart from a brief mention for Charlie Austin's ability to find space in the box, all the discussion was about how bad Everton were.

Although, perhaps that was inevitable given the fact that both the studio pundits were ex-Everton players.

That is understandable considering how dire and desperate Everton have been plus their whole manager shambles.

it's just a bigger story.

But to be fair whilst the media has an obvious big club bias, when we were actually doing well we got plenty of plaudits for it.

I caught a bit of talkSport earlier this morning. Jim White, Ray Parlour and someone else. First caller was a City ST holder who lambasted us for the way we played and how bad we were for football. Jim White said what a great call. Ray Parlour and the other bloke, took White to task and said what rubbish and it wasn't up to Saints to provide entertainment for City supporters. What the City caller obv doesn't realise is that the unchecked spending by City is bad for football.
Perhaps they could show us the clips of Man City before the billionaires splashing the cash, going to Liverpool and Man u etc in their pomp playing an expansive style

That was the point which Dobbo (OP) was making !

Ian Wright in his 'expert' wisdom actually said that VVD and Stephens had done well which meant that he hadn't done his homework correctly :mcinnes:

Sorry that passed me by completely.

That's fairly shocking punditry!

Nobody is interested in small fry. Ex player pundits rarely see past the big four.

It's funny even in the 'olden days' teams like Saints merited far fewer column inches in the written media than the bigger clubs so nothing's changed. I just accept that is the way of the world.

There has always been an anti-Saints agenda on that programme. Of course it is based in the North West sic "where football belongs" so the snotty upstarts from the Southern League have never been taken seriously.

There was is no agenda at all :lol:

They swoon over spurs and arsenal a lot too but it's just " big" clubs they love

There has always been an anti-Saints agenda on that programme. Of course it is based in the North West sic "where football belongs" so the snotty upstarts from the Southern League have never been taken seriously.

It's been based in Salford for all of seven years you blithering imbecile.

Like a lot of your posts that’s ********. Shearer always gives us a fair appraisal for a start.

It's been based in Salford for all of seven years you blithering imbecile.
is there any need for that.? Look at the username and you will probably see that the poster is a longtime fan and does not deserve such bile.

you really let yourself down at times. Factually re the 7 years you no doubt are correct, perhaps you should have just posted that

is there any need for that.? Look at the username and you will probably see that the poster is a longtime fan and does not deserve such bile.

you really let yourself down at times. Factually re the 7 years you no doubt are correct, perhaps you should have just posted that

Only at times? :lol:

Thanks for the support. Pity you highlighted his comment 'though as that person has been on my 'IGNORE' list for years. The comment is par for the course with him. People reveal more about themselves than others by such remarks.