Saints fan banned

doddisalegend

good point. I'd imagine the song would be,

"Does your master know your here?"

Interestingly and often forgotten is that this "racist" song could also apply to any player who was born In what was once the Roman empire as slavery there lasted for over 1,000 years with an estimate of 10m slaves, many of us direct descendants of it.. The song "does your master know you're here?" Could in fact be sung to any European or North African such was the scale of the Roman Empire. It'd be interesting to see an entire stand chanting "Does your master know you're here?" To Cese Febregas perhaps, a Spaniard, when an entire Hollywood film was based on a white, Spanish slave. Would this make the chant racist as its against a white person rather than black? Surely if anything this is more racist than to a black person as Roman slavery was far more widespread and lasted far longer than the black slave trade.

If we were to sing "does your master know your here?"

What's the difference between a century or two and a couple of millennia between pals. Think of it like four packets of printer paper, each containing 500 sheets. HTH.

Oh my god, this is getting ridiculous. I assume a lot of fans will be banned for the chants to Welsh fans re sheep.

Society is being cleansed and while vile homophobia is wrong, isn’t it starting to get a tad silly?

It's because people often ignore this that we have the sh--ty world we live in. AND if I were welsh I would be offended by those comments.

Four pages in, and has anyone as yet mentioned the disgraceful "looks like a wotsit" chant at the MK Dons player a few years ago ?

If we are seeking opportunities to express outrage on behalf of others, may I bag that disgraceful outburst of taking the **** over a curly haired ginger player. Historians and older supporters will tell you that one of our best CB performances came from a curly haired ginger Scots bloke in the 1976 Cup Final, Jim Steele. Doubt any of the "snowflake generation" would have called Jim a "wotsit" to his face. (Although being the 1970's Peter Osgood got away with calling him a "freckle" in those un-pc days).

Ok, I've given this homophobic thing a great deal of thought, looked at it from every angle, and finally reached a conclusion. Which is, that this is definitely my all-time favourite gay joke;

Having a drink with a mate, I asked him how his weekend had gone. "Not bad," he replied. "Came down here Saturday night for a few pints with Gary and Steve, then on the way home we called round my girlfriends place. Had a few more drinks there, we all got to feeling a bit frisky and ended up having a threesome."

"Don't you mean a foursome?" I asked.

He said "no, she was out."

Oh my god, this is getting ridiculous. I assume a lot of fans will be banned for the chants to Welsh fans re sheep.

Society is being cleansed and while vile homophobia is wrong, isn’t it starting to get a tad silly?

I don't think being terminally unfunny is actually a crime. Shouting even vaguely homophobic stuff at a Brighton match is absolutely asking to get banned.

Also, I think you'll find the problem with "cleansing society" is the bit where people who are different are persecuted, not the people mocking them.

Edited by The9

Really? Do you honestly think Welsh football supporters are offended by the sheep sh*gger chants?

I can only speak for the Newport County fans who sing "Sheep-sh*gging b*stards, we know what we are" when I say - they don't. The only thing that offends me about it is how lazy and unimaginative you have to be to sing the original - and tbh I'm long over the retort being entertaining as well.

Edited by The9

How about if I verbally abused myself?,

"I'm a fat b*stard", "If I was gay my boyfriend would definitely know I was here", "I'm ****ging my own wife thankyou very much", "I eat dogs and their very yummy", etc etc.

I'm hugely offended by the incorrect use of "they're"... is that a problem?

just the tip of the iceberg. We are now in an age where people must actively demonstrate how offended they are over the slightest indiscretion

Yeah, no we're not. We're in an age where people who choose not to think of anyone but themselves make claims about political correctness as cover for their general ignorance and questionable behaviour.