Weekend 2/3 Dec - Other Games

Batman

Chelsea 3 - 1 Newcastle United

Brighton & Hove Albion 0 - 0 Liverpool (Away Win)

Everton 0 - 0 Huddersfield Town (Home Win)

Leicester City 0 - 0 Burnley (Draw)

Stoke City 0 - 0 Swansea City (Draw)

Watford 0 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur (Away Win)

West Bromwich Albion 0 - 0 Crystal Palace (Home Win)

Arsenal ? - ? Manchester United (Away Win)

FACT

I bet there are quite a lot of Everton fans wishing that they hadn't hit the panic button quite so early. Find it quite funny that they've ended up with big Sam. Probably the easiest 8 million quid he's ever made.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I bet there are quite a lot of Everton fans wishing that they hadn't hit the panic button quite so early. Find it quite funny that they've ended up with big Sam. Probably the easiest 8 million quid he's ever made.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

They've got a very good squad, although they obviously miss Lukaku. I'd expect them to finish in the top 8 again this season. I'm not a big fan of Allardyce but remember he was the manager who led Bolton to their run of 4 consecutive top 8 finishes.

Heard on 5 live that is was a horrendous challenge. Typical of a Neville to think otherwise
It looked to me like a deliberate stamp to the back of the knee. Very nasty and intentional. There was an earlier one too (not Pogba - but Man U - can't remember who) that the ref missed or let go.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Meanwhile the messiah continues to have Spurs in free fall

He's still one of the best managers in the world. Well, amongst those who've won sod all. But it's a miracle what he's achieved with Spurs, considering what a weak squad he has to work with. I mean, apart from Kane, Delli, Alderweireld, Rose, Vertonghen, Walker, Dembélé, Dier, Eriksen, Wanyama and Lloris who else do they have?

He's still one of the best managers in the world. Well, amongst those who've won sod all. But it's a miracle what he's achieved with Spurs, considering what a weak squad he has to work with. I mean, apart from Kane, Delli, Alderweireld, Rose, Vertonghen, Walker, Dembélé, Dier, Eriksen, Wanyama and Lloris who else do they have?

On the face of it a fair argument, and one I’d love to agree with given I share a similar (maybe not quite to extent) loathing of that club as you. But a counter argument would be, were those players all top class when Pochettino arrived (or when they signed for Spurs)? Danny Rose and Kyle Walker were talked about as players who wouldn’t get in our side, at best “good going forward, dodgy defensively” but are now two of the best in the league. I think Poch got extremely lucky with the emergence of Kane but there’s no doubt that he and Alli have turned into stars during his tenure. I look at Spurs’ team and think “it’s one of the best balanced teams in the division, he should be near/at the top!” but would I have said that 5 years ago? Probably not.

Pochettino may not be the best all round manager, but it’s hard to deny that a lot of players seem to improve under his tutelage.

WOW, Arsenal with 75% possession, 15 shots on target, 12 corners, but lose 3-1.

What was it Greavsie used to say?

Fetch the vodka?

De Gea record number of saves(14) in a PL game. Who’d have ever thought that would be set by a Man Utd keeper and not some relegation threatened team getting battered for 90 mins.

For the last few games (and that's all) Spurs have struggled to live up to the expectations that Pochettino himself set for them by challenging for two titles. They tore Real Madrid apart four weeks ago.

Every time Poch gets stick here people come back highlighting his strengths. It is all a bit tongue in cheek - well from me at least so no need.

WOW, Arsenal with 75% possession, 15 shots on target, 12 corners, but lose 3-1.

What was it Greavsie used to say?

Is it me but this season the possession stats in a lot of games seem to be really one sided. I know Man City are getting 80+% with regularity but it seems loads of other games are like this...is it the way away teams are playing.

Foreign coaches, especially younger ones hung up on fifa coaching manual, keep ball, keep ball pass pass pass, no flair, keep ball between the lines instead of breaking through (As city and liverpool do) to scared to lose, but Leicester have proved counter attacking formation wins things