Bucket Rattlers 1 Saints 1

St Chalet

Been saying all season that Redmond on the right wing, crossing with his stronger foot instead of cutting inside and going backwards, would pay dividends. Stick with it please and don't just put him out on the left wing again.

Progress is being made.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

Thought we played a good 2nd half

Hoedt was poor, cost us that goal, and almost cost us a 2nd one

Redmond on for JWP made a big difference, also switching sides with Tadic

Austin is the only guy we have putting fear in the D. Had the goal, had 2 other good chances, and likely would have had the game winner if Bertrand squared his pass off more. Did anyone else have a SOG? I think I remember one other one. People need to get off the "pace is all that matters" soapbox. Every squad needs a scorer or two out there.

Like so see the 2 upfront more. I just don't think we have the attacking mids necessary for lone striker setup

Although Bertrand missed Austin, I think he played well. I also like he was really upset about it, it showed he cares

Thought VVD and Tadic played well

A draw's better than nothing, but we remain that worrying combination of sluggish in attack and uneasy at the back.

If we can only win games against clubs in midst of a crisis, it's going to be a long journey to 40 points.

Ward-Prowse must've been dragged off at half time around four times now in his last ten to twelve starts. Quality.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

think this is the term I've heard most about Pellegrino's tenure...

as if one day it will all just click...

or fall apart completely. That's why they will be interesting, we could still go either way. People tend to read posts the way they want to, to fit their agenda. Nothing new there.

So much better when JWP came off. Forster made some good saves but why oh why does he even palm out the tame shots that he should be keeping hold of? We should have won really, Austin had that great chance on the 80th, and Bertrand should have squared it to him a bit earlier rather than shooting but a point away from home isn’t not to be sniffed at.

All this post match talk on NBC of whether Bournemouth should have had a penalty for the dive, yet no mention of the clear handball block from Tadic not long after....

Biggest news for me today is that the football was exciting. If you imagine exactly that same performance but, say, Boufal sticks his golden chance, we're probably all oohing and aahing. Really fast exciting build up play, with pretty much everyone contributing. VvD had a fine game, btw. Bertrand spectacular. But overall, the team swagger is impressive and for the most part effective. We're a much better side than Bournemouth, and getting better all the time.

Thought Boufal struggled today. Nearly cost us the game in the first half and kept slowing down attacks with unnecessary tricks.

I have this idea that he must be cursed by a witch. Perform a skill before you can pass the ball.

Edited by Disco Stu

Thought Boufal struggled today. Nearly cost us the game in the first half and kept slowing down the game with unnecessary tricks.

Disagree. He overcomplicated things at times; but he was consistently there to receive the ball and carry it into the opponents final third.

Disagree. He overcomplicated things at times; but he was consistently there to receive the ball and carry it into the opponents final third.

He was there but sometimes he just needs to put in that early cross or cut in straight away. Austin would benefit much more from that. Instead, he slows us down and gives them a chance to reform at the back. It's unnecessary.

I think taking the last three games as a whole there is definite improvement, certainly over the previous three games.

Maybe this clear the air meeting has done some good.

Yep! The players seem to have suddenly started caring and working hard again. Remarkable improvement over the last 3 games.

We’re one more clear the air meeting away from a European place. :p

Boufal might have given the ball away a few times today, but he worked his socks off and did a decent job covering Bertrand.

yes, good to see him working to get back and cover. He’s looking like living up to his reputation if he continues to get picked every week.

Boufal might have given the ball away a few times today, but he worked his socks off and did a decent job covering Bertrand.

Agree, he did work his butt off out there. The "early season MP relegates" Boufal, Austin, and Hoj need to be out there a lot for us 2nd half of the season

When we have struggled this season to create much I find it hard to believe anyone targeting Boufal. Has infuriating moments for sure but still is the player that sets the pulse racing.

Tailed off a bit today.

Overall performance today could have been under Koeman or Puel. A standard away performance if you take the rose tinted specs off

Thought Boufal struggled today. Nearly cost us the game in the first half and kept slowing down attacks with unnecessary tricks.

I have this idea that he must be cursed by a witch. Perform a skill before you can pass the ball.

Boufal didn't struggle - he was lively, ran at the defence and worked well with Bertrand. He tried to do too much at times, but he at least is bringing attacking threat to the team. Two players struggled today - one was taken off at H/T and the other played alongside Virgil.

Boufal didn't struggle - he was lively, ran at the defence and worked well with Bertrand. He tried to do too much at times, but he at least is bringing attacking threat to the team. Two players struggled today - one was taken off at H/T and the other played alongside Virgil.

I agree with all of that. Boufal and Bertrand are forming a great partnership.

Thought we played well, were the better team and probably deserved to win.

Do think we were too open at times at the back, few last ditch saves and blocks required.

Can see Bournemouth being down around the bottom 3 come the end of the season.

they have a disgusting run of games coming up.

Best thing about the game is that even MP must be getting the message that Charlie Austin is worth picking. Had MP actually tried him earlier on in the season who knows, we may be a lot further up the table by now.

Oh, but I forgot - he doesn't run around enough for some of the experts on here :spaz:

My only reservation is the Ref ignored the 'wrestling match' on all of our corners.A point gained and some good stuff at times.Hoedt needs to be told his inward turns are almost predictable as that's where their goal came from.How come the 'diver' only got a yellow? New rule?

Yeah but he also gave a dive instead of a clear penalty.

That's the whacky world of Jon Moss.

MP reaction to the game....

Game was tight, both teams tried to win

at the end of 1st half, they were probably the better side

2nd half we are far better

after we equalised, both sides went for the win, we tried to go forward more

it was a positive performance after a busy week

all 3 games were very different

Forster helped get us a point but pleased with all the squad

Pied did well for example

Really good from Charlie, 3 goals in a week

Charlie is now really confident

we have to use the performances this week as our base and moved forward to the next set of tough games