Bucket Rattlers 1 Saints 1

St Chalet

Clearly? I'm not even convinced there was any contact at all!

If there was... please screenshot and post an image of the exact moment Boufal contacted Smith.

This image does not show contact but it shows Smith falling over and screaming out before he gets near to Boufal...

DQJWixGWsAAjh8J.jpg

If Smith is already in the process of falling over... then it isn't Boufal that made him fall over!!!

Adam Smith was already falling over and screaming out before he reached Boufal.

As he was already falling over before reaching Boufal... then Boufal can't be the cause of the fall = dive

Spot on. It's like Henry said at half-time; If you want the penalty, you've got to let him trip you up! He would have tripped him up, it would have been a penalty, but he went down by himself. Smith committed a dive, before Boufal committed a foul. Ref got it spot on IMO.

Boufal doesn’t seem to be attracting any criticism for his reckless attempted tackle in the incident. If he defended properly, they’re wouldn’t of been a decision to make. Had Redmond slid in like that they’d be meltdown on here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boufal isn't a left back. He does a job tracking back, but defending quite clearly isn't he forte. To try and criticise him for his defensive ability shows your desperation.

Spot on. It's like Henry said at half-time; If you want the penalty, you've got to let him trip you up! He would have tripped him up, it would have been a penalty, but he went down by himself. Smith committed a dive, before Boufal committed a foul. Ref got it spot on IMO.

Also agree with this. What is he doing with his back leg there dragging it along the floor?! Unless he can somehow run without his feet leaving the ground (and without screaming at air), he's diving.

Not a rant at all. Just illustrating how frustratingly inconsistent he is and, although he is undoubtedly talented, his football brain seems very slow and his decision-making making poor.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

It also should be taken into account Phil Nevilles silky passing play as well as the way he skipped past all that came his way before scoring worldies.....ooohh

Boufal isn't a left back. He does a job tracking back, but defending quite clearly isn't he forte. To try and criticise him for his defensive ability shows your desperation.

Absolutely. If next match a goal comes from the left and Boufal is stood on the halfway line with his hands in his hips there will be outrage he wasn’t tracking back.

If you would like to use transliteration, we can. May have, but didn't. Penalty.

The player SAYS the referee apologised for making an error. If so, the referee will notify the FA of his mistake and maybe the yellow will be rescinded. That would be fair. However, we only have Smith's word for it ....unless you have a statement from Jon Moss himself that we can review.

The player SAYS the referee apologised for making an error. If so, the referee will notify the FA of his mistake and maybe the yellow will be rescinded. That would be fair. However, we only have Smith's word for it ....unless you have a statement from Jon Moss himself that we can review.

I fully understand what the player is saying, and I have no reason to disbelieve him, whilst you are effectively assuming the player is lying at this point. We will have to agree to disagree. I don't know Jon personally and have no statement from him - purely going on reports both from the BBC and Sky.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42126647

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11743/11155792/referee-jon-moss-apologised-for-decision-says-bournemouths-adam-smith

And various other media outlets that you might care to research.

Absolutely. If next match a goal comes from the left and Boufal is stood on the halfway line with his hands in his hips there will be outrage he wasn’t tracking back.

Can we expect him to track back and not give away penalties? That seems like a reasonable standard for top flight footballers. That said I'm generally happy with Boufal's defensive work and mistakes do happen.

Should have won it, we gave them their goal and aside the Defoe shot that Forster saved (which was a scuffed shot anyway) they didn't create much, especially second half.

Strange .... Bompey had five shots on target to Saints’ four.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m mystified as to why the penalty is such a hot topic on here, in the news etc.... it was 0-0 when the dive occurred, and Bournemouth went on to score not long after. If it had been the 89th minute I’d understand but there was a lot of football still to play.

Bookings can't be wiped off, so the cheating, diving, sh it can sit out next weeks game.

If Moss has apologised to him, then shouldn't Smith be banned for 2 games for deceiving the ref?

You can't rescind a yellow card.

Strange .... Bompey had five shots on target to Saints’ four.

You know creativity isn’t just measured in shots on target, right? Austin’s header and Boufal’s wild shot were two of the games best chances and neither were on target.

You know creativity isn’t just measured in shots on target, right? Austin’s header and Boufal’s wild shot were two of the games best chances and neither were on target.

Bompey had more shots off target too.

Didn't see it but seeing as Lord P is all over it like a rash in a Boscombe bedsit, I have my suspicions.

If Boufal had an up and down game, why would Neville, the Richard Hammond of punditry, only be analysing the down parts? Did they also discuss and show the up parts beyond tokenistic throat-clearing like he can be a 'match winner on his day'?

Lord D hadn't mentioned it, it was Red Keith. And you say that you didn't see Neville's comments on Boufal either? Not like you to go off at half-cock without proper research into the facts.:p Does Neville have to include an analysis of what Boufal does right when he states that Boufal can be a match winner on his day? We all know what he can do right, but as the whole point of Neville's analysis was that Boufal can be frustrating, it was pertinent to show examples of his play which illustrated that.

John Boy Saint:

Neville did blather on a bit, being frustrated by his inconsistency losing the ball, but 8/9 times out of 10 (and conveniently edited out to emphasise Nevilles worldly knowledge) Boufal invariably goes and gets the ball back or pressures the player who took advantage to give the ball back to us.

If he was more consistent in keeping the ball, or more accurately passing it to one of his team mates more quickly instead of being closed down trying to beat three defenders, then he wouldn't have to track back to try and retrieve it. I admire his talents and his attitude is laudable in attempting to track back, but he is still a raw young talent whose game could be greatly improved by having some of the show-boating coached out of it.

Lord D hadn't mentioned it, it was Red Keith. And you say that you didn't see Neville's comments on Boufal either? Not like you to go off at half-cock without proper research into the facts.:p Does Neville have to include an analysis of what Boufal does right when he states that Boufal can be a match winner on his day? We all know what he can do right, but as the whole point of Neville's analysis was that Boufal can be frustrating, it was pertinent to show examples of his play which illustrated that.

John Boy Saint:

If he was more consistent in keeping the ball, or more accurately passing it to one of his team mates more quickly instead of being closed down trying to beat three defenders, then he wouldn't have to track back to try and retrieve it. I admire his talents and his attitude is laudable in attempting to track back, but he is still a raw young talent whose game could be greatly improved by having some of the show-boating coached out of it.

Indeed, he doesn't have to beat the same player 3 times 95% of the time. Boufal has played some great 1/2's in matches and also made some excellent 1st time passes since joining but his incessant need to beat the same man over & over again needs to be addressed by the coaching staff. He also, like Redmond needs some coaching around when to cut inside and when to go outside the man & to practice their crossing on the run.

Indeed, he doesn't have to beat the same player 3 times 95% of the time. Boufal has played some great 1/2's in matches and also made some excellent 1st time passes since joining but his incessant need to beat the same man over & over again needs to be addressed by the coaching staff. He also, like Redmond needs some coaching around when to cut inside and when to go outside the man & to practice their crossing on the run.

Fabrice Fernandes in the early 2000s was a shocker for that. Peach of a free kick V West Ham though.

Fabrice Fernandes in the early 2000s was a shocker for that. Peach of a free kick V West Ham though.

But Fernandes (from memory) only had a left foot, which defenders could read like a book. Boufal has a great non-preferred, and is also showing great touch with many of his passes. He will frustrate at times, but he is the most exciting attacking player we have, and is improving with game time. Once he corrects the "one defender too many"issue, he will be a great asset.