Bucket Rattlers 1 Saints 1

St Chalet

Interesting one, ref could've booked the player for diving and still given a pen...!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

No because the instant he decides the player has dived the game is stopped at that moment, the ball is no longer in play.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

No because the instant he decides the player has dived the game is stopped at that moment, the ball is no longer in play.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

I get your drift, but in that case it should've been a pen because the foul came before the dive.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

They were for the 2nd quarter but hardly got a touch in the first 15/20 minutes.

The fact that we can make such an average team look that good for any prolonged period of the game is a bit worrying I think. But, as long as we are playing ok for bits and pieces of games that'll be enough for MP (see previous comment re playing well for 25 mins against Burnley at home) to claim we were unlucky to lose/draw.

We are poor

But slightly less poor than 4 weeks ago

I’m hanging onto that glass half full

Although my initial reaction was that we should have won, realistically we could have been 3-0 down at half time had it not been for a phenomenal save from Forster and a dodgy call from the ref (that he has since admitted was a pen apparently). We are a team with good players that is performing badly at the moment.

He exaggerated the fall but it was clearly a foul. Don't be so ridiculous.

Clearly? I'm not even convinced there was any contact at all!

If there was... please screenshot and post an image of the exact moment Boufal contacted Smith.

This image does not show contact but it shows Smith falling over and screaming out before he gets near to Boufal...

DQJWixGWsAAjh8J.jpg

If Smith is already in the process of falling over... then it isn't Boufal that made him fall over!!!

Adam Smith was already falling over and screaming out before he reached Boufal.

As he was already falling over before reaching Boufal... then Boufal can't be the cause of the fall = dive

You are either a ****ing idiot or you’ve never watched Barcelona. Never once, for one nano second did boscombe look like Barcelona today. Cease with your pony

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Must have been watching a different game then, for at least the latter part of the first half Bournemouth controlled the game and we lacked control whilst they passed it around nicely. Barca may have been an exaggeration but they did dominate us. Whilst we are on the subject of cessation, I wish you would cease using the term “pony”.

I must have been watching a different game to most then as I thought we were clearly the better team for most of the game, except the 10 minutes before half time. We created a number of fantastic chances but missed them - Boufal skying over, VVD free header, Austin with 2 headers, Bertrand not squaring it, as well as numerous great openings with a pot final ball. For the first 30 minutes of the second half we looked really dangerous when we went forward. Defensively we looked pretty dodgy throughout and Hoedt was all over the place at times, but we created far more than them and should have won. MP was pretty positive with the HT sub and it all looked much more promising.

People have said poor finishing cost us earlier in the season, but I didn't see us creating many good chances then. Today we did and poor finishing really did cost us

The language of a bloke who had a grandad born in Southbourne.

Blatant penalty.

Boscombe?....you absolute pillock. 'Ooh look at me, i'm saying Boscombe instead of Bournemouth' I've heard Mickey Mouse wears a Lord Duckhunter watch.

thought jeremy pied looked good today. his crossing is better then cedrics and he looks an able deputy. its kind of a shame that gabbiadini is getting frozen out of the team think he is one of our best players, dont really want him to be disgruntled and move away. austin has taking his chance well probably suits the way we are playing better and dserves to keep his place, but couldnt gabbi fit in somewhere? he used to play on the right of attack at napoli and could maybe even play the ten role better then tadic.. we know he has a good long shot on him

I thought Pied was poor. Had that Martina quality of looking good in moments but quietly being a yard off the pace most of the time. Or 40 yards off for their goal, as Neville highlighted on MOTD.

Romeu was easily man of the match for me. He was absolutely everywhere during that good spell in the second half.

Pied did ok considering he hasn’t played much.

His positioning for their goal was clearly tactical from the manager rather than a positional error as Neville made out. When the ball was in the right centre back channel , Bertrand pushed on and took up exactly the same position every time. Wes getting caught with the ball was the issue, had the ball been switched quickly, Frasier would have been faced criticism for not tracking Pied. Both full backs were clearly told to push up when the centre halves have the ball.

Happy enough with the result. Disappointed with the manner in which we conceded the first. Davis has two options - 25 yard pass forwards to a player in space, or 25 yards backwards to Romeu who is always going to be pressed. Was never even in doubt. The inculcated negativity kicked in and it was 25 yard coward pass back to Romeu in the direction he was facing, never even looked like passing it forwards. Cost us a goal.

Must have been watching a different game then, for at least the latter part of the first half Bournemouth controlled the game and we lacked control whilst they passed it around nicely. Barca may have been an exaggeration but they did dominate us. Whilst we are on the subject of cessation, I wish you would cease using the term “pony”.

Think you were watching a different game. At no point did they look good. A 20min spell before half time but so what

The ref got it 100% spot on. He dived over Boufals foot. One more step and he'd have been taken out and would've had the pen.

Haven’t watched any further analysis but was my view.

I never know what to think though until I have heard Phil Neville’s interpretation

To clear penalties on Hoedt, but nobody is talking about those. You can’t hold a mans shirt and drag him to the ground.

Fact is a draw was the fair result. A point away is never bad, but tactically we got it wrong in the first half. We should have won this game.

I don’t ask for the manager to be sacked though and hope he uses the experience to realise the potential of this team

You need to calm down mate, chill. Some people call them Boscombe, get over it.

When they were Bournemouth & Boscombe Athlectic everybody called them Boscombe as it was easier to say and they were near to Boscombe Hgh St.

The ref got it 100% spot on. He dived over Boufals foot. One more step and he'd have been taken out and would've had the pen.

By your own definition it was still a penalty. We got lucky on that one.

Reasonable shout for one for foul on Hoedt from corner, as mentioned above.

When they were Bournemouth & Boscombe Athlectic everybody called them Boscombe as it was easier to say and they were near to Boscombe Hgh St.

I think they were originally just called Boscombe, then Bournemouth & Boscombe then just Bournemouth.

As for the game, disappointing first half half, good saves by Forster, much better second half but still lots of room for improvement, 4 points from 9 still seems disappointing this week having taken Man City all the way and dominated 2nd half yesterday.

Happy enough with the result. Disappointed with the manner in which we conceded the first. Davis has two options - 25 yard pass forwards to a player in space, or 25 yards backwards to Romeu who is always going to be pressed. Was never even in doubt. The inculcated negativity kicked in and it was 25 yard coward pass back to Romeu in the direction he was facing, never even looked like passing it forwards. Cost us a goal.

Davis had plenty of space to turn in, but took the safe imediate options to play it backwards, which resulted in the fullbacks being caught high up the field when Bournemouth tachled Hoeth.

JWP was doing the same on the right wing all 1st half, both players need to be braver. Phil Neville would be happy with them though, as they are consistent and don't give the ball away. Couldn't believe Nevilles rant about Boufal on MOTD2. He had an up and down game, and needs to learn quickly where not to make a sliding tackle, but we are so much more dangerous when he plays together with Bertand on the left.

Thought we played ok, and created lots ogf chances, but we could have conceded more as well .

Couldn't believe Nevilles rant about Boufal on MOTD2. He had an up and down game, and needs to learn quickly where not to make a sliding tackle, but we are so much more dangerous when he plays together with Bertand on the left.

Was it a rant? I thought that it was a fair enough appraisal of him. He IS frustrating. He has so much talent, but often seeks to showboat, when a quick incisive pass would keep up the forward momentum. As you say, he had an up and down game and the down parts were what is being talked about. He reminds me so much of Fabrice Fernandes.

Was it a rant? I thought that it was a fair enough appraisal of him. He IS frustrating. He has so much talent, but often seeks to showboat, when a quick incisive pass would keep up the forward momentum. As you say, he had an up and down game and the down parts were what is being talked about. He reminds me so much of Fabrice Fernandes.
Not a rant at all. Just illustrating how frustratingly inconsistent he is and, although he is undoubtedly talented, his football brain seems very slow and his decision-making making poor.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I must have been watching a different game to most then as I thought we were clearly the better team for most of the game, except the 10 minutes before half time. We created a number of fantastic chances but missed them - Boufal skying over, VVD free header, Austin with 2 headers, Bertrand not squaring it, as well as numerous great openings with a pot final ball. For the first 30 minutes of the second half we looked really dangerous when we went forward. Defensively we looked pretty dodgy throughout and Hoedt was all over the place at times, but we created far more than them and should have won. MP was pretty positive with the HT sub and it all looked much more promising.

People have said poor finishing cost us earlier in the season, but I didn't see us creating many good chances then. Today we did and poor finishing really did cost us

I'd largely agree with this. Personally think Mopey and Saints have turned a corner and I am looking forward to the rest of the season. At least we look like scoring and playing well now, the last 10 games or so under puel were the worst football I have ever seen saints play.

Didn't see it but seeing as Lord P is all over it like a rash in a Boscombe bedsit, I have my suspicions.

If Boufal had an up and down game, why would Neville, the Richard Hammond of punditry, only be analysing the down parts? Did they also discuss and show the up parts beyond tokenistic throat-clearing like he can be a 'match winner on his day'?

Neville did blather on a bit, being frustrated by his inconsistency losing the ball, but 8/9 times out of 10 (and conveniently edited out to emphasise Nevilles worldly knowledge) Boufal invariably goes and gets the ball back or pressures the player who took advantage to give the ball back to us.

Given how long Pied has been out, once he knocked the rust off his boots with a couple of dodgy touches early on I thought he looked ok, again Neville criticised his positioning for the Bournemouth goal when in reality he was in the position to receive the ball from VVD if Wesley hadn't got his feet in a kerfuffle and passed the ball to Virgil quicker. Someone above likened him to Martina: that is well wide of the mark.

When Davis was subbed I wondered where the armband would go, it was good to spot it on Bertrands arm moments later.

If there was... please screenshot and post an image of the exact moment Boufal contacted Smith.

This image does not show contact but it shows Smith falling over and screaming out before he gets near to Boufal...

DQJWixGWsAAjh8J.jpg

If Smith is already in the process of falling over... then it isn't Boufal that made him fall over!!!

As he was already falling over before reaching Boufal... then Boufal can't be the cause of the fall = dive

They're doesn't have to be contact. Don't be a dinlow.

My view of the game was that Forster might be coming back into form, his reactions are better, he also is on his toes a bit more and further from his line and so increasing his reach. I saw DT thought he dived over their goal Lol.

It was a penalty as well as a dive, nobody falls like that, he dived vertically like at the baths.

We look more assured and at least look slicker in attack.

VVD should have scored and Austin may well have had 2 or 3 goals.

Charlie in his interview said after the game that had Bournemouth had a penalty that would have given them a 2-0 lead. Not the case as the penalty would have been before their goal and so the whole pattern of play would have been completely different

My view of the game was that Forster might be coming back into form, his reactions are better, he also is on his toes a bit more and further from his line and so increasing his reach. I saw DT thought he dived over their goal Lol.

Watch it again. At least the jump in his legs may be coming back. He's still ****e though

DQJWixGWsAAjh8J.jpg

Exactly. He saw Boufal's outstretched leg and dived over it in a ridiculously exaggerated manner (as above still). The ref called it correctly, video evidence proves that. Adam Smith should consider himself fortunate the ref punished him with a yellow in the game, as an appeal panel this morning would have given him a 3 match ban if the ref had missed it!!!

Those saying that the ref was right not to give a penalty do realise that the Jon Moss has since apologised and said that he got it wrong - it was a penalty.

"Bournemouth defender Adam Smith said referee Jon Moss admitted he wrongly booked him for diving instead of awarding a penalty during Sunday's 1-1 draw against Southampton."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42126647

Had we been on the end of that decision I'm fairly sure that quite a few would see things rather differently. We got away with one.

Edited by Micky

Weird now the Ref thinks he got it wrong and thinks it was a pen, was a clear dive, they replayed it on Sky and as Henry said if he'd just kept running he'd have got a penalty, instead he does a super man dive, very clear dive IMO and the Ref's instinct was right.

Disagree it was a clear pen - there would be a meltdown on here if it had been the other way round. If Smith keeps running as Henry suggested he risks getting injured. Really glad it wasn't given as not sure we'd got back from 0-2.

They're doesn't have to be contact. Don't be a dinlow.

That is my Understanding too BJ. If a defender slides in on you and you have to jump out of way to avoid, then you've been fouled. I remember Jay Rod getting us a penalty at Villa Park few years back in them circumstances. I spent ages trying to explain it to my Villa mate at the time, but he couldn't grasp the concept so I ended up throwing a punch at him, which he ducked. What you doing?? he said all angry. I was like, what's the problem? No contact.

Disagree it was a clear pen - there would be a meltdown on here if it had been the other way round. If Smith keeps running as Henry suggested he risks getting injured. Really glad it wasn't given as not sure we'd got back from 0-2.

it was 0-0 when it wasn't given.

Didn't see it but seeing as Lord P is all over it like a rash in a Boscombe bedsit, I have my suspicions.

If Boufal had an up and down game, why would Neville, the Richard Hammond of punditry, only be analysing the down parts? Did they also discuss and show the up parts beyond tokenistic throat-clearing like he can be a 'match winner on his day'?

They literally showed one clip on him not tracking a runner (in Bournemouth's area, might I add) and said 'does he track back and help his team... No'. Not once did they show all the times he did (one of which probably should have been a penalty, so that's an easy one for them to show).

They also showed about 2 clips of him trying to beat his man and failing, one of him giving the ball away with a bad pass (none of his good ones, i.e the one to Bertrand which Austin should have finished) and his miss (which he should have done better with).

In fairness, the presenter (I can't remember his name) did ask is that not to be expected by winger / flair players and rightly pointed out that those that try and create stuff will give the ball away more often then someone who plays a safe 5 yard side-wards pass every time they get the ball.

He didn't have his best game yesterday (first half especially), but he grew into the game second half and him and Bertrand caused them trouble down that left wing.

Ultimately, if you expect him to be consistent week in week out you will be disappointed. Once he finds his consistency, for a season, he will ***** off to a top club, I.e Mane.

They literally showed one clip on him not tracking a runner (in Bournemouth's area, might I add) and said 'does he track back and help his team... No'. Not once did they show all the times he did (one of which probably should have been a penalty, so that's an easy one for them to show).

They also showed about 2 clips of him trying to beat his man and failing, one of him giving the ball away with a bad pass (none of his good ones, i.e the one to Bertrand which Austin should have finished) and his miss (which he should have done better with).

In fairness, the presenter (I can't remember his name) did ask is that not to be expected by winger / flair players and rightly pointed out that those that try and create stuff will give the ball away more often then someone who plays a safe 5 yard side-wards pass every time they get the ball.

He didn't have his best game yesterday (first half especially), but he grew into the game second half and him and Bertrand caused them trouble down that left wing.

Ultimately, if you expect him to be consistent week in week out you will be disappointed. Once he finds his consistency, for a season, he will ***** off to a top club, I.e Mane.

Thanks for this - appears it was bit of a hatchet job.

Those saying that the ref was right not to give a penalty do realise that the Jon Moss has since apologised and said that he got it wrong - it was a penalty.

"Bournemouth defender Adam Smith said referee Jon Moss admitted he wrongly booked him for diving instead of awarding a penalty during Sunday's 1-1 draw against Southampton."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42126647

Had we been on the end of that decision I'm fairly sure that quite a few would see things rather differently. We got away with one.

Adam Smith says ..... He may have transliterated Moss' comments. No penalty.

I agree that it was a penalty, but it was also an exaggerated dive and I find it amusing that his dive cost him.

Tadic should have had 3 or 4 pens this season, but his reputation seems to have cost him and us dear. I think Smith is known to have a similar reputation with refs and so serves him right.

I feel more for players like Welbeck who try and stay on their feet get fouled but don't get the pens they should do.