Saints v Arsenal - Build up and Match

Batman

They keeping showing repeats of Lacazette falling over clutching his ankle when he skied his shot.

The Arsenal falling down display team has been practising.

Ok, HT 1-0. Good so far.

Edited by 5string
got the scoreline wrong, like a wally.

Good half. Could've been 2-0 if not for that nice save on Austin, also could have been 1-1, so we'll take it. Hojberg and Austin look really good in my opinion, Tadic has had his moments, and Redmond looks really bad. Might want to change from the more attacking 3-4-3 into a defensive formation in the 2nd half.

Great first 15 minutes with Tadic giving Austin two great opportunities. If the Bertrand - Boufal combination had been maintained we could be further ahead. One goal lead doesn't look enough; if Pellegrino doesn't want to bring in Boufal , he should Have Lemina on at H/T and JWP off. PEH has been magnificent; Romeu, Bertrand and CBs sound. We have looked wide open on the right side with Stephens and Ward-Prowse giving Sanchez and co too much space.

1-0 h/t. Not sure how we're ahead, to be honest. We look shaky in defence and horrible in possession - don't think this line up is working.

Ward-Prowse is again a passenger, Redmond is just a terrible player, Romeu is getting bypassed too easily in transition when we (inevitably) lose possession after three passes.

Great finish by Austin, a quality save low down from Forster, and Hojbjerg has been excellent.

I think a reshuffle at the break is in order, though. Can't believe Lemina isn't on the pitch.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Why all the hatred for JWP? He has had a pretty darn good 1st half....tracked back, lovely control and getting stuck in.

Redmond, on the other hand, has been truly awful and cannot seem to control, pass or use his head (very lucky not to give a penalty away).

Good 1st half and nice to see Saints playing as an attacking unit. Last 3.5 games the manager has shown something he didn't previously and maybe he will be OK. In which case there will be massive humble pie from moi!!!!!!!

JWP not having the best game but he's probably worth keeping on just for his dead ball delivery. Redmond, on the other hand, has contrived to completely waste every chance to break forward he has been given, often under no pressure as well. Quite what he does in training to get picked ahead of Boufal I don't know. He's been shockingly bad this season.

PEH was the best player on the pitch for me.

Romeu is a rock again, he always starts the season slow and gets better around this time of the year.

Is it too early to say Forster is back? No way he would have saved that a couple months ago.

Forster has been much better for about 3-4 games now. No coincidence that we are picking up points as well.

Who was Redmond trying to moan at there after he dithered on the ball and gave it away? No one else is at fault there ffs.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

He was probably asking whether anybody else had been paying attention to Guardiola's coaching lesson at the end of the City game.