Cup Draw Monday - who do you want?

Fitzhugh Fella

In over 120 years of FA Cup football Saints have never drawn Leeds, Swansea or Huddersfield so one of those would be "historic" and Stoke are another big side we have only played the once - in the 30s.

But for me I would love to get Newport (A). it would remind me of my first cup-tie at the Dell in 1967 when they earned a replay and we won at Somerton Park 3-2.

I bet "LetsBeAvenue" will soon be on here telling us how he was there! (he was)

Wolves away would be good too although the way it's looking we will be playing them next season anyway (as long as we stay up ).

Crewe away - a decent away trip?

We'll probably be home to the Palace though!

Any non-league side at home, if any of them get through their replay - when was the last time we drew a non-league side?

Luton back in the League 1 days. We won 1-0 at home with Lambert scoring a free-kick. They missed a sitter about 5 minutes from time.

We tend to get Ipswich quite a lot!

Exeter or Forest Green Rovers away would be good, although create a scramble for tickets.

I was in Nailsworth the other week, and really wonder how it would cope with a large crowd arriving for a match.

The wonder is that Nailsworth boasts a league team at all. It actually takes its name from an area of Nailsworth! Nailsworth even has another team in the Southern League.......

In over 120 years of FA Cup football Saints have never drawn Leeds, Swansea or Huddersfield so one of those would be "historic" and Stoke are another big side we have only played the once - in the 30s.

But for me I would love to get Newport (A). it would remind me of my first cup-tie at the Dell in 1967 when they earned a replay and we won at Somerton Park 3-2.

I bet "LetsBeAvenue" will soon be on here telling us how he was there! (he was)

Wolves away would be good too although the way it's looking we will be playing them next season anyway (as long as we stay up ).

Crewe away - a decent away trip?

We'll probably be home to the Palace though!

That was my first FA. Cup match .

Think Frank Saul scored in both matches.

Still got signed photos from the replay in my scrapbook!

Exeter or Forest Green Rovers away would be good, although create a scramble for tickets.

I was in Nailsworth the other week, and really wonder how it would cope with a large crowd arriving for a match.

Luckily they can't have large crowds because they don't have a large stadium!

Obviously my first preference is Saints v Newport, my second is Newport v Saints and my third is any away at somewhere I haven't been yet, so (pending replays etc) Port Vale, Slough, Woking, Rochdale or Fleetwood. I've been to Hereford before but not in 30+ years so that would be OK too.

Whoever Saints get they'll be competing with Newport's fixture for my attention. And if I they do get each other I'll be in the away end. :D

That was my first FA. Cup match .

Think Frank Saul scored in both matches.

Still got signed photos from the replay in my scrapbook!

I've almost certainly got the programme somewhere though as it was before I was born and the clubs haven't met in my lifetime I can't claim to have had to choose who to support...

Only Newport's second 3rd Round match in 32 years, they lost a replay in the 2nd Round to Plymouth last year and missed out on Anfield (of course I didn't), and the year before lost to Blackburn. BTW Saints might consider having a look at Tom Lawrence who played for Blackburn that day, his last few Wales performances have been very good in Bale's absence.