Travel To the Game this Saturday

Goalie66

According to the club it's not just lines in from London that are affected, it's all train lines in the Southampton area, absolute f*ck up from South Western who seem to be having a fight to the bottom with Southern as to who can be the worst train operator in the country https://southamptonfc.com/2017/12/05/travel-information-ahead-of-southampton-arsenal-clash-premier-league

I hate South Western trains, but engineering works are down to Railtrack nothing to do with Individual franchaises, although South Western should have made people aware of distruption far earlier, theve known about this for over a month but only updated times of trains and publisised it this week

It looks like chaos will ensue with Southampton Central closed and buses from Parkway. I live in Woking and if anyone wants a lift I will be driving( no other choice) Contact me on 07802 275097

As Benjii says, you do know that this game has been moved to Sunday? So many matches are moved around these days it's hard to keep track sometimes.

As Benjii says, you do know that this game has been moved to Sunday? So many matches are moved around these days it's hard to keep track sometimes.

The fact it's on a sunday only makes it worse, the engineering work is still in place and SWT are going to be running 5 car trains instead of 10 (which they do on a saturday).

Have to be honest i've been annoyed all season with the mess on the rail, this will be third game i'm missing as a result and it's taken me less time to get to Huddersfield from London than it has to Southampton on more than one occasion.

The fact it's on a sunday only makes it worse, the engineering work is still in place and SWT are going to be running 5 car trains instead of 10 (which they do on a saturday).

Have to be honest i've been annoyed all season with the mess on the rail, this will be third game i'm missing as a result and it's taken me less time to get to Huddersfield from London than it has to Southampton on more than one occasion.

It is rubbish and will be inconvenient but it won't take that much longer adding on a bus to be worth missing the game for? It's disgraceful how long it takes to get from London to Southampton on weekends recently for a journey that should be possible in 75 mins.

What makes this worse is that the journey planner on national rail wasn't recognising the engineering work until yesterday so plenty of people would have planned their journey assuming normal service, Arsenal fans might struggle to make kick off.

It is rubbish and will be inconvenient but it won't take that much longer adding on a bus to be worth missing the game for? It's disgraceful how long it takes to get from London to Southampton on weekends recently for a journey that should be possible in 75 mins.

What makes this worse is that the journey planner on national rail wasn't recognising the engineering work until yesterday so plenty of people would have planned their journey assuming normal service, Arsenal fans might struggle to make kick off.

It's taking circa 3.5hrs to get from where i live in London to Southampton as a result of this, with no guarantee of a seat due to the shorter cars. It's just not worth coming down for a 12pm kick off that's on TV to be honest as it'll be a 7hr round trip on a Sunday.

Had to abandon going to the game. Snowed in at High Wycombe. Trains sort of running, but most roads, including the one to the station, blocked by stranded vehicles.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

On the plus side when I ever miss a home game we seem to play really well you con expect us to tonk Arsenal 4-0 now :D

I'm giving this one a miss as well now. Left home but turned back before I got out of Maidenhead as felt it was too bad. It wasn't forecast to come this far south! Seems to have caught the council out too as the roads here haven't been gritted.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Very unlikely the council’s emergency planning group would be caught out. Sophisticated forecast planning is the norm these days. Thing is they are not miracle workers and can only prioritise the main roads. And grit doesn’t neutralise several inches of snow.

Had to abandon going to the game. Snowed in at High Wycombe. Trains sort of running, but most roads, including the one to the station, blocked by stranded vehicles.

What's it like up your way Shroppie? Got to be in Shrewsbury first thing tomorrow.

Very unlikely the council’s emergency planning group would be caught out. Sophisticated forecast planning is the norm these days. Thing is they are not miracle workers and can only prioritise the main roads. And grit doesn’t neutralise several inches of snow.
Not true. Totally caught out in High Wycombe. No roads gritted, even the M40 in a mess. Chaos.

What's it like up your way Shroppie? Got to be in Shrewsbury first thing tomorrow.
It's pretty bad, but roads passable. Not there myself as stayed closer to Southampton last night to make the early ko. But I can't get there at all.

I've got to head back home tomorrow. Expect will be slow, but should get there ok.

It's pretty bad, but roads passable. Not there myself as stayed closer to Southampton last night to make the early ko. But I can't get there at all.

I've got to head back home tomorrow. Expect will be slow, but should get there ok.

Cheers - good luck!

I'm giving this one a miss as well now. Left home but turned back before I got out of Maidenhead as felt it was too bad. It wasn't forecast to come this far south! Seems to have caught the council out too as the roads here haven't been gritted.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Just behind you, am in Windsor and made same decision.

COYR