Nigel Adkins appointed Hull manager

Bad Wolf

He's picked some sh1t clubs to work at since Saints, I'd rather take a step down and work for a club with ambitions to move forward, hopefully he does well all the same.

Sheff Utd clearly have ambition tbf and he just wasn't given the time at Reading.

Sheff Utd clearly have ambition tbf and he just wasn't given the time at Reading.

I agree, at the time the Sheff Utd job seemed like a great match for them both. Shame it didn't work out

I know some people have re-written history with him, but I still have total respect for what he did with us and will always be greatful

He's picked some sh1t clubs to work at since Saints, I'd rather take a step down and work for a club with ambitions to move forward, hopefully he does well all the same.

This comment is spot on in my opinion. I am surprised by his choice of club, but of course we all wish him well.

I agree, at the time the Sheff Utd job seemed like a great match for them both. Shame it didn't work out

I know some people have re-written history with him, but I still have total respect for what he did with us and will always be greatful

Who's rewritten history? I had assumed your sentiments were the consensus.

well, the next great english manager, the new fergie, the person good enough to come in here and push us back into Europa League contention must surely be good enough to get Hull a top 10/playoff push at least this season?

Are you implying that your opinions on here are actually reliable?

well, the next great english manager, the new fergie, the person good enough to come in here and push us back into Europa League contention must surely be good enough to get Hull a top 10/playoff push at least this season?

I very nearly took the bait there , Touche' !

Landed himself a plum job at saints with an embarrassing amount of riches at his disposal for both league one and the championship.

Yet managed to fall short on both occasions....coming second.

Nauseating,cliche riddled press conferences.

Been Found out since leaving....he’s poor.....and will be again at Hull.

He achieved the bare minimum he should have at Southampton.

The way people hold him in some messiah like status is quite embarrassing.

I wish him well however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Landed himself a plum job at saints with an embarrassing amount of riches at his disposal for both league one and the championship.

I wish him well however.

:scared::scared::scared:

I wish him well however.

Bitter man with an agenda posts the same tripe yet again...

I wish him well however.

I think you're a liar.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Won League 1 during his tenure.

Would have won the Champ were it not for some inexplicable refereeing at Boro.

Lard is a plank

We never won anything under Adkins.....runners up to Brighton in league 1 and runners up to Reading in The championship.

The biggest loss was losing at home 3-2 to Reading.

Don’t blame the ref.......you plank.

We never won anything under Adkins.....runners up to Brighton in league 1 and runners up to Reading in The championship.

Evidently you have little or no respect for him, but Nigel Adkins fulfilled what he was contacted to do - achieve two promotions. I, like many others Saints fans, will hold him in very high regard and be grateful for his efforts.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

You obviously didn't go away to Orient and Plymouth or experience the pitch invasions after both promotions were confirmed! I can't see how anyone who did can have anything but positive things to say about Nigel , Some of my best days supporting Saints !

You obviously didn't go away to Orient and Plymouth or experience the pitch invasions after both promotions were confirmed! I can't see how anyone who did can have anything but positive things to say about Nigel , Some of my best days supporting Saints !

This. Happy days. Great memories. Was a better experience supporting Saints then compared to now. Nothing will compare to the Dell days for atmosphere and drama of course, but Nigel Adkins gave us fans great entertainment and excitement in his time here. But most of all, I liked his positive post match interviews. The last Saints manager that I could actually understand what he was saying. Fact

Anyone feeling inclined to slag off Adkins in his time with us really should be spending their Saturday afternoons down Nottarf Krap! The League One and Championship seasons with him at the helm were without a doubt a right wheeze. So he might have had an embarrassment of riches, but you still have to make the components at your disposal work. As a comparison Koeman piddled oodles of money up the wall this past summer on players, yet whilst they looked good on paper they proved to be about as useful as a one legged man in a @R$e kicking contest in his hands.

• 4 weeks later...

1 win (which came 2 days after he took over) in 6 since taking over Hull. I predicted he’d be out of a job in 18 months, if their form continues it looks like it could be sooner.

And to think a few generally thought he was the man to keep us up this season :scared:

• 1 year later...