Stuart Taylor

Saint Garrett

• 8 months later...
I have been told today that Taylor has been offered a new 2 year contract @ £7K a week !!

Nice work if you can get it.

Also told that if Puel remains as manager then McCarthy will be number 1 next season.

What does Taylor actually DO?

********, he's had a couple of good seasons and one **** one.

Watched through quite a few of the old games with Forster in goal and I'm not mistaken, he's still poor just better protected in past saints sides. McCarthy is steady and better all round.

WTF would we offer an extended contract to a GK who has yet to feature in a match, and one who in truth we dare not let near a starting spot ?

Precisely!

He even says Watson is a brilliant goalkeeping coach which doesn't I still much confidence either!

Guy on twitter who claims to be Everton ITK, says Forster deal is "done" and they're still keen on VVD. Probably waiting for Lukaku deal to sort out...?

Was getting ready to celebrate only to read the VVD bit and consider anything this ITK writes as not being worth the bytes it occupies. I swear I have never seen a more deluded fan base than Everton's, it's some bizarre mix of scouse bluster and megalomania with the sort of bitterness than can only be created by falling from being one of the countries' elite clubs to an also-ran firmly in the shadow of their far more illustrious neighbours who carry their cities' name and whose stand they can see from their crumbling wreck of a stadium. Utter weirdos who don't seem to have any notion of reality. Them flooding the mongboard to tell us how huge and wonderful they are is genuinely one of the funniest thing I have ever seen on here.

WTF would we offer an extended contract to a GK who has yet to feature in a match, and one who in truth we dare not let near a starting spot ?

Because it probably enhances the English/home grown stats across the squad. Would imagine he's on a fringe wage (still a lot of money in non football terms) and doing more on the coaching side as others have alluded to.

Because it probably enhances the English/home grown stats across the squad. Would imagine he's on a fringe wage (still a lot of money in non football terms) and doing more on the coaching side as others have alluded to.

Perhaps we should have just kept Tommy Forecast.

As for coaching, we already have Dave Watson, and isn't Kelvin taking his coaching qualifications ? Perhaps Taylor is responsible for putting out the cones whilst Watson adjusts his hair.

Perhaps we should have just kept Tommy Forecast.

As for coaching, we already have Dave Watson, and isn't Kelvin taking his coaching qualifications ? Perhaps Taylor is responsible for putting out the cones whilst Watson adjusts his hair.

Who knows, but he doesn't seem to be there for his keeping with Lewis keeping for the FA Cup games. Gazza's loan is finished now as well. Could be that Kelvin has been kept rather busier in his dressing room liaison role than he or the club anticipated?

• 6 months later...

Good article outlining a very strange career !

Still think that we need a strong, experienced keeper to genuinely compete with FF for the first spot and a young, upcoming talent for the third spot !

He can try and say it wasn't deliberate, that he's frustrated but...he signed a contract extension with us knowing full well he wasn't going to be anywhere near any game time. He could have easily got a free transfer to a lower league club and been first choice. He could have done that long, long ago and if he was anywhere near as good as he insinuates in that article, he'd have made his way back to the top through natural progression.

I haven't got a bad word to say about him , feel a bit sorry for him after reading the bit about him living in a hotel on his own and being Billy no mates in the gym at the end of the day .

You can say he should have dropped down the leagues but if he believed that he could do a job at a higher level and clubs in that league kept giving him contracts believing the same you can't question his choices imo!

I haven't got a bad word to say about him , feel a bit sorry for him after reading the bit about him living in a hotel on his own and being Billy no mates in the gym at the end of the day .

You can say he should have dropped down the leagues but if he believed that he could do a job at a higher level and clubs in that league kept giving him contracts believing the same you can't question his choices imo!

From what he's said in that article clubs kept signing him promising he would play when the first choice was injured or out of form...and then they didn't get injured or lose form. Go somewhere that they want you as first choice and work your way up.

He can try and say it wasn't deliberate, that he's frustrated but...he signed a contract extension with us knowing full well he wasn't going to be anywhere near any game time. He could have easily got a free transfer to a lower league club and been first choice. He could have done that long, long ago and if he was anywhere near as good as he insinuates in that article, he'd have made his way back to the top through natural progression.

Did you read the article? He signed contracts earlier in his career with promises of game time he never got. At saints he was told upfront he was cover and would likely never play.

• 6 months later...

Most extraordinary career I have ever seen. Started in 1999/2000 and over the next 19 seasons, he has played all of 6,858 minutes in all competitions. That's 360 minutes a season on average. The phrase "stealing a living" springs to mind.

Most extraordinary career I have ever seen. Started in 1999/2000 and over the next 19 seasons, he has played all of 6,858 minutes in all competitions. That's 360 minutes a season on average. The phrase "stealing a living" springs to mind.

Tbf he does a lot behind th scenes at those clubs, even some coaching bits.