Our thick entitled fans

saintmatt

For what exactly? Wanting the team to do better. Posts and threads like this are the thickest of all.

Not sure how a fan can be entitled to something they pay a handsome price for. Or have you forgotten that we were statistically the worst value for money in the league last year and have the sixth most expensive season ticket.

Moron.

It's fairly obvious what he's talking about. The fans who wanted Puel out got their wish...

They didn’t though did they? Unless I missed the part where Les asked us whether we wanted Pellegrino? This argument is also complete rubbish.

It's fairly obvious what he's talking about. The fans who wanted Puel out got their wish...

If that is what he's talking about, and that isn't obvious, perhaps people need to be reminded that we are just fans, fans don't sack managers, directors sack managers. If a director listened to fans and wrongly sacked a manager surely they are not fit for the job.

If that is what he's talking about, and that isn't obvious, perhaps people need to be reminded that we are just fans, fans don't sack managers, directors sack managers. If a director listened to fans and wrongly sacked a manager surely they are not fit for the job.
Correct. Fans (thick, entitled or otherwise) don't appoint replacements either.

For what exactly? Wanting the team to do better. Posts and threads like this are the thickest of all.

Not sure how a fan can be entitled to something they pay a handsome price for. Or have you forgotten that we were statistically the worst value for money in the league last year and have the sixth most expensive season ticket.

Moron.

Exactly this. It's also worth pointing out that Puel didn't get us playing anywhere near like that last season. People that feel they need to take every opportunity to say "I told you so" are the real morons and need to get behind our team.

As I said in the other thread a few days ago:

I always got the impression the players never truly got on board with his philosophies and it showed. No goals in six of our last 7 matches and only 17 goals at home all season in 19 games isn't a sign of a working system. There is no doubt in my mind that last season saw us playing the most boring football I have ever had the misfortune of paying for in my life. It's also worth pointing out that the system he's playing with Leicester isn't the same system he played with us. Perhaps he learnt his lesson.

I think it's fair to argue Leicester and Claude Puel are just a better match. Much like Southampton and Ronald Koeman was.

You've got to be pretty thick to think what a manager can do at one club they can simply do at another.

Edited by Disco Stu

Hahahahaha!!!!

I can only guess that most of the puel in brigade don’t have season tickets.

Because the football from January last season was probably the most dull I’ve seen in 30 Year’s of going to st Mary’s. Most of the ST holders around me were seriously debating whether to renew because the level of entertainment was zero.

Yes.. we finished 8th. So what?? I’d rather have finished 17th and enjoyed some exciting football.

Yes.. we got to a cup final. Let’s not re write history here... if Liverpool had brought their shooting boots they’d have stuck 4 past us in the semi.

Watching us set up at home to play defensively and on the counter attack at home to HULL was a particularly low moment.

I didn’t expect Reed to go for a similarly inept manager 2nd time round but he gets a buzz from gambling on a bargain doesn’t he?

Thick and entitled? The OP is a 1st class pri#k.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hahahahaha!!!!

I can only guess that most of the puel in brigade don’t have season tickets.

Because the football from January last season was probably the most dull I’ve seen in 30 Year’s of going to st Mary’s. Most of the ST holders around me were seriously debating whether to renew because the level of entertainment was zero.

Yes.. we finished 8th. So what?? I’d rather have finished 17th and enjoyed some exciting football.

Yes.. we got to a cup final. Let’s not re write history here... if Liverpool had brought their shooting boots they’d have stuck 4 past us in the semi.

Watching us set up at home to play defensively and on the counter attack at home to HULL was a particularly low moment.

I didn’t expect Reed to go for a similarly inept manager 2nd time round but he gets a buzz from gambling on a bargain doesn’t he?

Thick and entitled? The OP is a 1st class pri#k.

I was one of the Puel in brigade and I have a season ticket. I also witnessed some really really good away performances.

As for the Liverpool semi final, you are the one rewriting history. It all well and good coming out with this pony about the second leg and their "shooting boots", had we had ours on first leg they'd have been 4 down from that. Very convenient loss of memory there. The fact is over 2 legs we thoroughly deserved to win.

We did not sit back and hope to hit Hull on the counter attack, if that's how you viewed that game, **** me you must be clueless.

You'd rather finish 17th than 8th provided you're entertained, what is this, the Harlem ****ing globetrotters. And you and your buddies around you were seriously considering jacking in your support. I wish you had of, you're hardly the example of loyal supporters.

Still at least you got to see some exciting football last night. Of course it meant the loss of 3 points, but that doesn't matter to you does it, rather that than a boring old 0-0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last season I don’t remember seeing anything as poor as Wolves, Watford, Burnley and Leicester performances this season and we are not even halfway through, If thick tw ats can’t make a connection that thinking it was all Puel and successful entertaining football was just a managerial appointment away ( I know it is natural to be optimistic) they could at least acknowledge in hindsight that it wasn’t anywhere as poor as now, It seems their their simple rationale to what has clearly been deterioration is a yeah but shouldn’t haven’t been MP - good effective managers are in short supply and we had a half decent one, Yes entitled cos we don’t have some magic formula over others but recent incredible successes (8th, 7th,6th,8th) lead to entitlement of continual over achievement - fck me even Adkins is thought of as an underachiever by some.

Aguero Sane Silva KDB Sterling Jesus

Lukaku Martial Mkhitaryan Mata Pogba

Morata Hazard Willian Pedro Fabregas

Kane Son Eriksen Alli Sissoko

Firmino Mane Coutinho Salah Wijnaldum

Lacazette Sanchez Ozil Welbeck Ramsay

Austin Redmond Tadic Boufal Davis

Thinking we can get anywhere close the top 6 with what we have :blush: :lol:

If you don't score goals, you don't win. If you don't win, you don't finish a season with more than 44 points.

Aguero Sane Silva KDB Sterling Jesus

Lukaku Martial Mkhitaryan Mata Pogba

Morata Hazard Willian Pedro Fabregas

Kane Son Eriksen Alli Sissoko

Firmino Mane Coutinho Salah Wijnaldum

Lacazette Sanchez Ozil Welbeck Ramsay

Austin Redmond Tadic Boufal Davis

Thinking we can get anywhere close the top 6 with what we have :blush: :lol:

If you don't score goals, you don't win. If you don't win, you don't finish a season with more than 44 points.

Who is suggesting we should be competing with the top 6? Most supporters think we should be aiming to be best of the rest so why don't you compare our attacking options to Burnley, Everton, Watford etc?

Moron.

the face of the modern football supporter you stop being a fan and become a consumer the moment you are worried about value for money. The moment you start complaining about paying a handsome price for your ticket you've reduced going to the football to the same bracket as going to the cinema sadly you are not alone.

Who is suggesting we should be competing with the top 6? Most supporters think we should be aiming to be best of the rest so why don't you compare our attacking options to Burnley, Everton, Watford etc?

which is basically "luckiest of the rest for this season". This season its Burnley's season to get the rub of the green next season they will no doubt be lower down. Everyone outside the top six is much of a muchness usual one of those teams will get lucky with an early season in form striker or couple of flukey goals get a bit of momentum going early on and have a decent season almost without fail they are not as good the next season. If there was a team that was constantly "best of the rest" we'd be talking about the big seven instead of the big six.

Fans call for the sacking of the worst manager we've had in decades shocker :lol: :lol:
i assume you passed on your cup final ticket lol.

the anti peel supporters got it wrong.

it was pointed out at the time that we had sold most of our goals,and it came to pass that we couldn’t score. If those 0-0 games had turned into 1nil victories the games would not have turned out so turgid in your mind. We are addicts for the feeling of elation once a goal goes in.

add to that the basic racism because he didn’t speak good English, and couldn’t give a chirpy interview also turned a lot of the morons against him.

given the summer he would have been able to fix the problems,but sadly the new man looks totally lost.

I think the summer was spent by KL more worried about missing her payday rather than the future.

S/T sales down , so get rid of the manager and the change will get the sales rolling again

I don't blame fans who booed that dismal performance at all. It was deserved. Most fans work hard to afford to go to matches, to watch massively overpaid individuals earning more in a week than most of them do in a year. They go for entertainment, not to be bored or angered when those players don't give their all.

which is basically "luckiest of the rest for this season". This season its Burnley's season to get the rub of the green next season they will no doubt be lower down. Everyone outside the top six is much of a muchness usual one of those teams will get lucky with an early season in form striker or couple of flukey goals get a bit of momentum going early on and have a decent season almost without fail they are not as good the next season. If there was a team that was constantly "best of the rest" we'd be talking about the big seven instead of the big six.

Exactly. Flip a coin in any game not involving the top 6. Burnley are miraculously top 6 having scored less than us! There's no way their luck lasts a full season.

Leicester look most likely to be best of the rest. They have a bang average ageing defence but invested heavily in attack. Our squads are balanced man-for-man but their's is stronger at the pointy end. I'd take theirs over ours without doubt. Win half lose half and you'll end up with 57 points. Draw every game and you only get 38. The fact is that even when we utterly dominate we struggle to score and lose points.

Despite how much we struggled in attack last season, the club didn't buy a single attacking player. Instead we bought a DM, 2 CB's, a GK and signed a defensive manager. Just utterly bizarre. The blame is 100% on Reed and the people deciding transfers.

Puel suffered from following Poch and Koeman. We never adequately replaced Pelle and Mane. If he came in now he'd look like a ****ing genius compared to MP.

I wasn't disappointed when he went at all but hindsight is fantastic.

Edited by LGTL

I was one of the Puel in brigade and I have a season ticket. I also witnessed some really really good away performances.

As for the Liverpool semi final, you are the one rewriting history. It all well and good coming out with this pony about the second leg and their "shooting boots", had we had ours on first leg they'd have been 4 down from that. Very convenient loss of memory there. The fact is over 2 legs we thoroughly deserved to win.

We did not sit back and hope to hit Hull on the counter attack, if that's how you viewed that game, **** me you must be clueless.

You'd rather finish 17th than 8th provided you're entertained, what is this, the Harlem ****ing globetrotters. And you and your buddies around you were seriously considering jacking in your support. I wish you had of, you're hardly the example of loyal supporters.

Still at least you got to see some exciting football last night. Of course it meant the loss of 3 points, but that doesn't matter to you does it, rather that than a boring old 0-0.

Absolutely summed up perfectly, totally on board with this opinion!:adore:

Do we really think the board got rid of Puel because of the rumblings on internet forums? It'll be because of something behind the scenes (e.g. players unhappy / coaching staff raising concerns / Les falling out with him) or, and possibly key, falling ticket sales / poor season ticket renewals. The fact that flipping Puel for MP hasn't worked is down to the club again, not the fans, and of course if people vote with their feet or the real cash cow, the TV money, is in jeopardy due to the threat of relegation, the board will act again and find a new manager.

It's always about the money, always. Blaming the fans is missing the point, it can't be our fault as we have absolutely no power in the running of the club, other than to stop going.

Would have been interested to see a Puel side with Pelle and Mane personally - much as the football was boring as hell last year, the suspicion that the managers are trying to make a silk purse from a sow's ear is looking very likely now...

Puel suffered from following Poch and Koeman. We never adequately replaced Pelle and Redmond. If he came in now he'd look like a ****ing genius compared to MP.

I wasn't disappointed when he went at all but hindsight is fantastic.

To be honest I think 6 home games in a row without scoring and being booed on the "lap of appreciation" was the final nail in the coffin, I remember the anger around me in the ground when we went out of Europe against Hapoel Be'ersheva, I don't miss Puel but I didn't particularly want him out mainly on the basis I had little confidence in us getting a good replacement.

Going to St Marys in 2017 has generally been a chore, last night I didn't sense anger in the stands, just lots of apathy and people not caring anymore. Sad state of affairs.

players look disinterested.

I've watched two 'home' games this week, u23s getting beat 2-4 v Wolves. First IX getting beaten 1-4 v Leicester.

Tonight is FA youth cup at St Marys u18s v Wolves, can they make it a hat trick of disappointments?

Well I guess we can agree to disagree on individual home performances last year, but I seem to remember we struggled to get out of our defensive third v hull so we brought on Shane long and tried to boot it over the top in an attempt to get up the pitch.

But yes, there were some good performances last season under puel... notably the cup final.

And I’m aware this is not the Harlem globetrotters. However, that doesn’t mean I shouldn’t expect to see some notion of attacking exciting football and taking the game to the opposition. You are aware it’s not an endurance sport right? Professional sport with thousands of paying fans is meant to be a fun thing to be involved in...I think most of us have been watching through gritted teeth for about a year. Turgid football, zero atmosphere, st Mary’s is not a fun place to go these days.

Oh.. and for all the talk, me and those around me who questioned whether they were going to renew did. And stayed until the end last night. And will still be renewing when we’re back down in league one.

Puel was poor for us, MP is even worse. That doesn’t make the decision to get rid of puel was wrong, it means the decision to employ MP was.

Agree to an extent.

Our fans have turned in to typical spoilt Premier League brats. 8th place and a f*cking cup final. Quality of football may not have been great but people going on about entertainment factor as if they've gone to watch a show or a film. If that's the be all and end all for some people then why aren't they going to watch City/Arsenal?

Unfortunately it's a downward spiral now. Our 'support' has changed so much that we won't get behind anyone unless there's instant success and will keep hounding players and managers. Have said it before but I'm sure within the next few years we'll end up relegated again and it won't be the end of the world. We can shed our c*nty fans and get back to supporting the side and enjoying going to football again.

Agree to an extent.

Our fans have turned in to typical spoilt Premier League brats. 8th place and a f*cking cup final. Quality of football may not have been great but people going on about entertainment factor as if they've gone to watch a show or a film. If that's the be all and end all for some people then why aren't they going to watch City/Arsenal?

Unfortunately it's a downward spiral now. Our 'support' has changed so much that we won't get behind anyone unless there's instant success and will keep hounding players and managers. Have said it before but I'm sure within the next few years we'll end up relegated again and it won't be the end of the world. We can shed our c*nty fans and get back to supporting the side and enjoying going to football again.

That is a very good post...

it's probably worth considering that Puel hasn't had a chance to get his slow boring methods across to the Leicester players yet. I agree he went due to some dreadful, boring, football at home - no goals, no excitement.

It was also due to his dreadfully dull interviews - he made the mistake of coming to England with just a handful of English phrases and being too busy with the football side of things to take any lessons. As much as we disliked 'Dave' the interpreter - Poch got it right by getting to a more conversational style of English before doing interviews.

He should have been given another year - but I doubt he would have been much better off than MP