Saints v Chelsea Thread

Koolman

LOL.......this guy is so far out of his depth. It would be funny if it were for another team, but its just sad that this idiot managed to become Saints manager.

Les Reed and board - hold your heads in shame. You fired Puel way too early and got a significant downgrade on him in as manager promising attacking, exciting football that was just an outright lie.

I thought the 1st half performance against ARsenal was encouraging and then he obviously told them to sit deep which was never going to work: especially as Arsenal looked dire at the back.

Now, for Chelsea he has effectively given up on the game and is looking to damage limitation rather than trying to win the game.

Utterly clueless and his inevitable firing will be months too late. Make no mistake: with this clown in charge we are likely to go down.

Just not make 4/5 changes every game, playing different formations and putting in awful performances. If he had a decent system and had just rotated Austin out for Gabbi then fair enough.

Changing formations against Man C & Arsenal worked, so it makes complete sense to go similar today. VvD needed a kick up the arse and Lemina is coming back from a long lay off. Some people just like criticising for the sake of it. People with absolutely no knowledge of whose got a slight knock, whose in the red zone and whose trained well the past 2 days

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3-4-3, interesting. Good to see VvD dropped and hope Gabbi takes his chance. Chelsea playing without a striker which should give us hope? Still, 3-0 to Chelsea.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

To be fair, this is the type of game that VVD would thrive in.

Think today’s selection really confirms that he’s clueless

Or does it show that he’s realized the standard set up was failing us and has adjusted tactically?

This line up was pretty much how we played against arsenal and today won’t be any different. If anything, it’ll be less of the ball and more backs to the wall. If we’d taken chances we could’ve beaten arsenal with the counter attacks we had so why not try a similar set up for a similar type of game? Bertrand got forward well that game and could/should’ve won it, Hoj was excellent and Redmond offers pace, if nothing else.

I suspect we’ll see boufal and Austin against Huddersfield when we are the team who should (no guarantee that we will) be pushing for the win.

If this team doesn't win today it needs to be slaughtered and hopefully that will see the panic button pressed. CP3 LC0 I think we are sleep walking into trouble. I still think this manager is clueless. His changes formations and substitution are bizarre.

No wonder 90% of the squad are unsettled

normally I would be most concerned to see that percentage but the way things are I wouldn’t be upset to see the back of the majority of this squad.

if this was FIFA 17 you would start the game all over again if you had gotten into the mess the club have with this squad.

Changing formations against Man C & Arsenal worked, so it makes complete sense to go similar today. VvD needed a kick up the arse and Lemina is coming back from a long lay off. Some people just like criticising for the sake of it. People with absolutely no knowledge of whose got a slight knock, whose in the red zone and whose trained well the past 2 days

Our centre halves for the last 10 games. He's kept it the same once; the Everton game, which we won.

Yoshi - Hoedt - Stephens

Yoshi - Virgil

Yoshi - Virgil - Stephens

Hoedt - Virgil

Hoedt - Virgil - Yoshi

Hoedt - Virgil

Hoedt - Virgil

Yoshi - Virgil

Hoedt - Virgil

Yoshi - Virgil

Can't help but wonder if some of the removed players had something to do with the "commitment" comments during the week.

Absolutely. People are throwing a hissy fit about the selection but Van Dijk has been criticised all season for his commitment and Lemina looked poor when he came back from injury and has been dropped sporadically by Pellegrino - I don't think Lemina really wants to be here and wants to move on asap.

Can't argue that players deserved dropping after that shower in midweek. VVD and Tadic especially. Problem is he probably would have made a load of changes if we'd played well and won.

Let's see how it goes before hanging him but I am not the tiniest bit confident.

An ultra defensive lineup, which makes sense I suppose.

I do not understand why he dropped Lemina. Overall I find his team selections to be a real head scratcher.

Perhaps Redmond is due to come good at some point this season? He’s been average in his best games so far, and a liability in his worse games. He has set Gabbiadini for two open play goals so far this season, though.

VVD would have been useful in this game. If he is one of the players with attitude problems, then I would completely support Pellegrino’s decision to drop him.

Our centre halves for the last 10 games. He's kept it the same once; the Everton game, which we won.

Yoshi - Hoedt - Stephens

Yoshi - Virgil

Yoshi - Virgil - Stephens

Hoedt - Virgil

Hoedt - Virgil - Yoshi

Hoedt - Virgil

Hoedt - Virgil

Yoshi - Virgil

Hoedt - Virgil

Yoshi - Virgil

This centre half rotation is particularly bizarre. If there's one area of the pitch you want stability, and a good understanding between the players - which comes with regularly playing together - its there. Still can't argue with that morose ***t Van Djik being dropped today though.

Personally I am fine with these changes. 3 at the back has been best against the better teams - particularly away. Also what do people expect after his public criticism of lack of effort from players mid week? I applaud him dropping the moody fecks - all apart from Charlie (who is presumably being rested) that are left out were sh1t on Wed and moreover didn't seem to give a monkey's! RB should have been dropped too.

If he had done nothing, he would have been accused of digging his head in the sand. Don't get me wrong, I still think he is a poor manager but at least he is trying to change our awful performances. On paper we had our best team on Wed and they were garbage, so pry do tell me what is he to do - play the same team again?

This centre half rotation is particularly bizarre. If there's one area of the pitch you want stability, and a good understanding between the players - which comes with regularly playing together - its there. Still can't argue with that morose ***t Van Djik being dropped today though.

I expect this will get the Liverpool supporters all excited about signing VVD in January. It does not take much to set them off.