Saints v Chelsea Thread

Koolman

Nothing to do with giving away a cheap free kick on the edge of the box in the first place

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Seeing as they refused to show a replay from the other angle I can't be sure but it looked a very soft freekick anyway. It's irrelevant - it was either a freekick or Hazard having a free shot from the edge of the box unmarked. Point is, Forster still took 4 or 5 clumsy steps to get from the centre of the goal to the right hand side, stumbling all the way, and unsurprisingly didn't get there in time.

We started well and then they upped the tempo and couldn't cope.

On the plus side, we do have history of coming back from losing positions at Stamford Bridge so all is not lost.

Being able to string a few passes together may help though...

We could do with Niemi, Killer, Marsden and Beattie right about now!

Nothing to do with giving away a cheap free kick on the edge of the box in the first place

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Doesn’t excuse our incompetent lurch of a keeper. Cost us so many points over the last two seasons.

Going down this year, really does look it.

Really too bad about the late goal. Was an impressive performance until then. Context. Their team cost 3x as much as ours, and pays 2x the wages. To see us holding our own for 46 mins was pretty satisfying.

We had a bad night mid-week, but I still think we have enough quality to be upper half of table by season's end. the confident one-touch football out of defense is beautiful to watch. We just need more creativity, ruthlessness final third.

Fans being annoyed because we're losing against a team we should lose against...

We could still get an equaliser, Chelsea have looked poor and we've lacked ambition. At least it is better than the turd served up on Wednesday. Redmond so frustrating, looks like one day he may resemble a decent player but so many decisions let him down.

I think we're far too scared against teams like this who don't have the same pace as Leicester, the key is always closing down Hazard/Willian and then Chelsea struggle. They're a much poorer side than in previous seasons and are shaky at the back.

Seeing as they refused to show a replay from the other angle I can't be sure but it looked a very soft freekick anyway. It's irrelevant - it was either a freekick or Hazard having a free shot from the edge of the box unmarked. Point is, Forster still took 4 or 5 clumsy steps to get from the centre of the goal to the right hand side, stumbling all the way, and unsurprisingly didn't get there in time.

It was definitely a free kick. Forster is definitely a ****ing liability.

Chelsea deserved to be in the lead don't they as they are the better team

Whats wrong with that

Quite a lot wrong with that. We're Saints fans and our team is losing 0-1.

We've been the 'better team' against several other teams this season (eg. Burnley, Huddersfield, Brighton) but failed to win.

Nothing to do with 'deserved'. We are playing badly, however, so it's not surprising.

Really too bad about the late goal. Was an impressive performance until then. Context. Their team cost 3x as much as ours, and pays 2x the wages. To see us holding our own for 46 mins was pretty satisfying.

We had a bad night mid-week, but I still think we have enough quality to be upper half of table by season's end. the confident one-touch football out of defense is beautiful to watch. We just need more creativity, ruthlessness final third.

Watching Redmond give it away three times on the edge of his own penalty is not beautiful at all.

Fans being annoyed because we're losing against a team we should lose against...

We could still get an equaliser, Chelsea have looked poor and we've lacked ambition. At least it is better than the turd served up on Wednesday. Redmond so frustrating, looks like one day he may resemble a decent player but so many decisions let him down.

I think we're far too scared against teams like this who don't have the same pace as Leicester, the key is always closing down Hazard/Willian and then Chelsea struggle. They're a much poorer side than in previous seasons and are shaky at the back.

No one should expect to lose to certain teams.

This smells like relegation, it really does.

In my lifetime of 72 years we have been relegated four times and promoted five times that's football some team has to relegated but losing to Chelsea hardly means it is going to happen every December it is always the same we play pladly

No one should expect to lose to certain teams.

Yep. WHU and a Palace beat them.

We are sick and tired of the excuses. We blew it against Man C and Arsenal, didn’t show up against Leicester and now concede a last kick free kick to a struggling Chelsea.

You can bet your arse I’m annoyed.

In my lifetime of 72 years we have been relegated four times and promoted five times that's football some team has to relegated but losing to Chelsea hardly means it is going to happen every December it is always the same we play pladly

Yeah but we’ve played badly in Nov, Oct, Sept, oh and August too.

I'm assuming this is your first interaction with Dalek.

Hazard was bearing in at goal at full flow, not a cheap free kick. Maya got booked for it, not because it was nasty (it was soft), but because it was done to stop a goal-scoring opportunity.

A cheap free kick was the one that led to the first Man City goal against us.

Well said.

Dalek isn't the only bedwetter on here screaming "relegation" today!

Call me old fashioned but I'll start worrying about that if we find ourselves in the bottom 3.

In the meantime I'll pray for the win and keep believing we can do it.

We have become the new Sunderland of this league,with ultimately the same outcome.

Very different. And it is very different to the season we were relegated.

Us in 2004/5 bumped along in the bottom 3 all season and looked shot from the very beginning. Some shocking signings to boot.

Not saying we won’t get dragged in, I think we might. But it’s not Sunderland Houdini act.

Hopefully the players show a bit of character in the second, and claw their way back into the game.

After their rousing team talk by that master of guts and raw emotion, Mauricio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I make it 8 goals conceded by Forster already this season from outside the area.

Wonder what the record is.

What's the point in packing the defence if the opposition can continually score against us without having to bother to break it down?

For comparison, we've scored 1 goal from outside the area. And only 4 in the entirety of last season.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I make it 8 goals conceded by Forster already this season from outside the area.

Wonder what the record is.

What's the point in packing the defence if the opposition can continually score against us without having to bother to break it down?

For comparison, we've scored 1 goal from outside the area. And only 4 in the entirety of last season.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

It's be because he's cack. I do keep saying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk