Saints v Chelsea Thread

Koolman

Huddersfield/Man U/Spurs and Palace next after Chelsea.

If we get 2 wins from that I would be impressed, am feeling negative about today and I'm a happy clapper, I see no logical spot to replace a manager as well (if we even have one lined up) when you have 5 games in 17 days.

We better pray for a xmas miracle otherwise the slippery slope of relegation beckons.

Well that's a bit unexpected !? 3-5-2 Again I guess the thing is it always seems like we play well against the bigger teams in this formation the revert back to 4-2-3-1 against the so called lesser teams and play rubbish stick with this for a few games imo !

Edited by simo

VVD dropped to the bench. Well if he's off in Jan then why not? Not as if he's been in sparkling form anyway.

Austin also on the bench. Hmmm!

Perfect game to stamp his authority & drop VvD, he’s had it coming for weeks and let’s face it we’re not going to win even with him in the side. As for Austin, he’s needed over the next month, makes sense to rest him for this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Only positive with that lineup is that Vvd has been dropped as in the main he has been bloody awful this season. We should have sold him when we could have got top dollar but my guess is that his value has dropped since.

Redmond again seems to have won teachers pet of the week.

What do people want, him to play Austin every game until he breaks down. I can tell you one thing if he got injured today and missed Huddersfield at home the same clowns moaning about leaving him out would have something to say about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just not make 4/5 changes every game, playing different formations and putting in awful performances. If he had a decent system and had just rotated Austin out for Gabbi then fair enough.

That is a ****ing shocking line up. He is an idiot.

VVD dropped - fine

Boufal benched - okay, I can see that with him coming on against tired legs aound 65 minutes

No Long - must be injured

Lemina benched - wtf!?

Can't see us keeping the ball much in this one...not real outlet unless Redmond plays a blinder. I like Gabbi but he's not really going to holding it up.

I guess we will be looking for quick balls forward and running the channels.

Need Rom, PEH and JWP to be on top form today.

But what do I know....I thought the Man City line up would be a disaster. Opinions, eh?

Not too fussed about Austin being on the bench but the chopping around with the midfield isn't helping anyone. Hojbjerg seems to be in good form, Romeu is the anchor and Lemina is our best player so let them build an understanding.

Central defenders change all the time too. Again, not helpful. And Boufal has been the most consistent out if him, Tadic and Redmond but keeps getting benched.

It's fine to tweak it away to the top sides but when a proper big game comes around, like the winnable game last Wednesday and next Saturday's match, we should have a settled eleven.