With relegation almost a certainty, who stays and who goes?

davefoggy

Clearly the board won't sack MoPo as they would have to sack themselves also! So we stick with him and get relegated, new manager in the Summer and hopefully a good clear out.

Personally, I think it's time to employ an English manager again, someone with passion that we can actually understand what he's saying.

A full clear out of back room staff is a must.

Players out: (assuming VVD & Betrand **** off in January) Forster, Tadic, Long, Boufel, the guy who couldn't get a game at relegated Norwich, oh yeah, Redmond

Austin & Gabi would destroy defences in the Championship. Hopefully we can hang on to the others but surely Cedric will go. I would make Yoshi captain alongside Stephens. Looking forward to seeing Targett & Mcqueen and also Josh Sims in the starting line up. We have a lot to be positive about despite being relegated.

I'm only interested in signing players that WANT to wear the shirt. We have been let down badly since our return to the top flight with players who are either here for the money, or can't wait to leave at the earliest opportunity. Fed up with it.

Players who want to wear the shirt , lol

the only players who really want to do that aren’t wanted by other clubs.

i used to be glued to the news to see how we are doing, now I look at the score after it has finished as I’m tired of top football.

KL sold the club down the river to get her big payday, ( her prerogative) but I feel she cashed in first before the club and fans

Players who want to wear the shirt , lol

the only players who really want to do that aren’t wanted by other clubs.

i used to be glued to the news to see how we are doing, now I look at the score after it has finished as I’m tired of top football.

KL sold the club down the river to get her big payday, ( her prerogative) but I feel she cashed in first before the club and fans

If you are tired of that, keep watching us.

im not surprised, has been treated abysmally by this clown of a manager

How do you figure that? He was given a run of games where he did next to f*ck all, was dropped for Long who did the same and then put back in the team ahead of Austin before continuing to do f*ck all again. It was only recently Austin was given a run of games and actually scored - you think Gabbi should have been playing instead? Other than his first 6 or 7 games he has shown nothing to suggest he is good enough. Another Saganowski.

We won't be relegated this session. There are clearly three worse teams than us. At least three. It's next season I worry about.

You dont belive were one of those teams?.........we are in dire need of finding some form whilst the other candidates around start picking our pockets and climb above us .How many points were Palace and West Ham behind us ?......we need to get a grip sooner rather than not if at all.

How do you figure that? He was given a run of games where he did next to f*ck all, was dropped for Long who did the same and then put back in the team ahead of Austin before continuing to do f*ck all again. It was only recently Austin was given a run of games and actually scored - you think Gabbi should have been playing instead? Other than his first 6 or 7 games he has shown nothing to suggest he is good enough. Another Saganowski.

as usual you miss the point. In those games he has played he has for 90% of the time had absolutely no support, he has been expected to hold the ball up, for what or whom is anyone’s guess, then instead of getting any help as we chase the game he is taken off. He is being asked to play a role he is clearly not good at.

Playing Austin has at long last moved us a little way up the field as the penny has dropped that Austin is more a penalty box player. Hey how about playing both as a partnership and see how that works out ?

So no I don’t think Gabbiadini should be playing instead I think he should play as well as.

Got it ?

So you are confident that we will stay up then? Cos I'm not
No, I'm not overly confident. However, with still over half a season to play I would much rather plan on how to stay up as opposed to plan to go down. The last time we got relegated from this league I was optimistic into the last half of the second half of the last game of the season against United.

Just giving up half way through the season I find more than just a little bizarre. Fans keep the faith.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Spot on.

There were rumours he was unhappy last year , so it's clearly not all down to the new manager.

Makes me laugh when people defend him , saying he doesn't get much support or can't play on his own. First point is he gets the exact same support as Charlie and secondly, he's Italian. An Italian moaning about a defensive set up is like a sailor moaning about the sea.

He was first choice at the start of the year and ****ed it up. Had that been Sam Gallagher people would have said he's not good enough. Not made a load of stupid excuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spot on.

There were rumours he was unhappy last year , so it's clearly not all down to the new manager.

Makes me laugh when people defend him , saying he doesn't get much support or can't play on his own. First point is he gets the exact same support as Charlie and secondly, he's Italian. An Italian moaning about a defensive set up is like a sailor moaning about the sea.

He was first choice at the start of the year and ****ed it up. Had that been Sam Gallagher people would have said he's not good enough. Not made a load of stupid excuses.

He's always making brilliant runs but no-one is on the same wavelength so they never get picked out or something.

I'm looking at our recent tally of points, not what odds bookmakers are offering. I am being realistic but if you want to live in denial then fine

I'm not in denial. Any side can have a bad run and drop towards the relegation spots, but we've had a very poor season so far and are still mid table. At this point I don't expect us to be relegated, but I suppose stranger things have happened.

He's always making brilliant runs but no-one is on the same wavelength so they never get picked out or something.

He did enough in his first games here to show his class in terms of movement and finishing (the West Ham goal on his debut and the second in the cup final were belters). Actually I think the Saganowski analogy is pretty apt as there is clearly a decent player in there, he just looks hopeless in a team which is disorganized, unmotivated and features a new formation with 5 different players every game. He'd be cracking in the Leicester team that won the title, playing on the counter with two up front.

The number of times I've seen him make a great run, only for Redmond or Tadic to play it tamely sideways/backwards to Romeu, then Yoshida and back to the 'keeper. If we played with any sort of tempo and purpose, Gabbi would be banging them in but we don't. Austin suits or play better because he can loiter in the box and stand there having a fag for 10 minutes before we finally put a cross in. It's typical bottom half football, just lump it into the box at Andy Johnson or Grant Holt and see what happens.

The number of times I've seen him make a great run, only for Redmond or Tadic to play it tamely sideways/backwards to Romeu, then Yoshida and back to the 'keeper. If we played with any sort of tempo and purpose, Gabbi would be banging them in but we don't. Austin suits or play better because he can loiter in the box and stand there having a fag for 10 minutes before we finally put a cross in. It's typical bottom half football, just lump it into the box at Andy Johnson or Grant Holt and see what happens.

Word.

He did enough in his first games here to show his class in terms of movement and finishing (the West Ham goal on his debut and the second in the cup final were belters). Actually I think the Saganowski analogy is pretty apt as there is clearly a decent player in there, he just looks hopeless in a team which is disorganized, unmotivated and features a new formation with 5 different players every game. He'd be cracking in the Leicester team that won the title, playing on the counter with two up front.

If we could find a way to play Austin, Gabbi, Boufal/Tadic together that could be something, but no system we seem to use will see that happen.

If we could find a way to play Austin, Gabbi, Boufal/Tadic together that could be something, but no system we seem to use will see that happen.

Our team screams: 4/1/2/1/2 or 4/3/2/1

------------Gabbi--------Austin

------------------Boufal

----------Lemina-------Hojbjerg

-----------------Romeu

Bertrand--Hoedt----Yoshida---Cedric

-------------------FF

or

-----------------Austin

---Gabbi---------------------Boufal

--------Lemina--------Hojbjerg

---------------Romeu

Bertrand--Hoedt----Yoshida---Cedric

------------------FF

Spot on.

Sam got man of the match yesterday and scored!

While I dont think we'll get relegated this season, the steady decline of the club since the start of last season is quite unmistakable. Since koeman left and we hired puel everything from how we play to which teams we beat and how difficult we were for the big teams to beat, pretty much everything on the pitch has certainly went to sh#te. And we barely scraped to mid table and could just as easily have ended up just above the relegation spots. Which seems to be where we'll likely finish this season unless there are drastic changes that completely turn our season around. As we've seen in the the teams that are currently above us in the table, 4 or 5 games can make a huge difference.

Do some research Gabba is not a prolific goalscorer.... Never has been.. That's the issue with signing other teams casts offs. We need players who can do a job at this level.

How much would Willian cost? Thought he had a great game yesterday and would love to have him in the team.................

Spot on.

I don't disagree but it is remarkable how much the team attitude changed when Austin came on. They all gained a bit of intensity, looked for the runs from Austin and Boufal and picked them out. God knows why, but that doesn't happen with Gabbiadini anymore even though he's making decent runs.

I don't buy this line that is frequently trotted out: "The board won't sack MoPe because they'd have to sack themselves". Boards have no conscience. They will seek to preserve their own positions and status and make the team manager the fall guy. Always did and always will.

The other, more obvious reason that the board wouldn't have to sack themselves is that bosses don't have to do that in any walk of life. They might look a bit daft if they sack Pellegrino (like Palace when they binned De Boer) but those questions are already being asked of them, by fans if not national media etc.

Edited by DuncanRG

How much would Willian cost? Thought he had a great game yesterday and would love to have him in the team.................

He is the sort of player we need on the flank, in place of the likes of Redmond or Ward-Prowse, with Boufal more central or on the other wide spot. The difference yesterday when Boufal came on, and Austin was massive. Manager erred in keeping on Redmond and subbing the impressive Hojbjerg; Redmond was awful. One of my dislikes of Manager MP is his blind spot withthe obvious quality of Boufal and his failure to realise that Redmond, Tadic, Ward-Prowse are never going to win and influence games for Saints.

We won't be relegated this session. There are clearly three worse teams than us. At least three. It's next season I worry about.

Swansea's one, maybe West Brom.... At the moment I'm struggling to come up with the third based on current performances. Everton, West ham and Palace are all picking up form after realising they had duff managers whereas we'll just blindly continue with this clown and current crop of players who either can't be arsed or are just plainly not good enough.

Swansea's one, maybe West Brom.... At the moment I'm struggling to come up with the third based on current performances. Everton, West ham and Palace are all picking up form after realising they had duff managers whereas we'll just blindly continue with this clown and current crop of players who either can't be arsed or are just plainly not good enough.

Newcastle...massive slump. Makes ours look tame in comparison.

None of the promoted sides are anything to write home about and unlike us, I wouldn't say there was unlocked potential in any of their squads.

Stoke are sh*te, Bournemouth are nothing amazing and even in spite of their recent good form, I wouldn't say Palace or West Ham are home and dry. Even Watford are in freefall at the moment.

Gabbi bottled it yesterday, turning his back case he got hurt in the wall, the little darling’s not going to like physical stuff in the championship

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In that eventuality he probably wouldn't even still be here. Might as well not be anyway. Had a good couple of months at the start, since it's been mostly downhill.