With relegation almost a certainty, who stays and who goes?

davefoggy

He is the sort of player we need on the flank, in place of the likes of Redmond or Ward-Prowse, with Boufal more central or on the other wide spot. The difference yesterday when Boufal came on, and Austin was massive. Manager erred in keeping on Redmond and subbing the impressive Hojbjerg; Redmond was awful. One of my dislikes of Manager MP is his blind spot withthe obvious quality of Boufal and his failure to realise that Redmond, Tadic, Ward-Prowse are never going to win and influence games for Saints.

Willian is also the sort of player that we'll never be able to get once their career is established or keep if we got them as a hopeful.

I'm looking at our recent tally of points, not what odds bookmakers are offering. I am being realistic but if you want to live in denial then fine

If we’re being realistic our best judge of PL table come May is the PL table after 18 games. Which makes us the 12th best side in England. While we can go on a horrible run just like every football team ever, there will absolutely be 3 teams worse than Saints come the end of the season. I do wonder if there are any other groups of fans who currently sit mid table, have finished top 8 in the preceding 4 seasons and sit around suggesting we assume for and plan for relegation. I suspect it’s a very vocal minority.

As with many posts on here, this is either tongue in cheek or frantic panicking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We'll need to keep the likes of Austin, Stephens, Yoshida, Pied, and Redmond for our Championship battle next season. They're all players who should thrive down there and will help us to avoid slipping down into League 1 at the first attempt. We should also keep Pellegrino too, this squad was destroyed by Puel not Mauricio.

Whilst it's disappointing that this season is now a write off it's important to remember the great times we had down in the lower leagues. So it's definitely not all doom and gloom, I for one am pumped about it. Just try and enjoy what's left of this season and get ready for a few years down in the proper leagues. We'll come back stronger.

We'll need to keep the likes of Austin, Stephens, Yoshida, Pied, and Redmond for our Championship battle next season. They're all players who should thrive down there and will help us to avoid slipping down into League 1 at the first attempt. We should also keep Pellegrino too, this squad was destroyed by Puel not Mauricio.

Whilst it's disappointing that this season is now a write off it's important to remember the great times we had down in the lower leagues. So it's definitely not all doom and gloom, I for one am pumped about it. Just try and enjoy what's left of this season and get ready for a few years down in the proper leagues. We'll come back stronger.

Fishing-Failure-H.264-uncomp.gif

If we’re being realistic our best judge of PL table come May is the PL table after 18 games. Which makes us the 12th best side in England. While we can go on a horrible run just like every football team ever, there will absolutely be 3 teams worse than Saints come the end of the season. I do wonder if there are any other groups of fans who currently sit mid table, have finished top 8 in the preceding 4 seasons and sit around suggesting we assume for and plan for relegation. I suspect it’s a very vocal minority.

As with many posts on here, this is either tongue in cheek or frantic panicking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This.

I have given up posting on here for the past few months as we have had the best successive four finishes in our history and yet the forum outlook is gloom. This season Burnley and Watford(?) bang their heads on the glass ceiling and await the inevitable player / managerial departures, we rebuild for the next attempt.

Did you go to the Leicester game? I no longer think there are any sides definitely worse than us. We are a ****ing terrible football team.
I'd say West brom were undoubtedly worse than us and seemingly Swansea are too. I'd back us to finish above Newcastle at the moment too so that's at least three below us.

This.

I have given up posting on here for the past few months as we have had the best successive four finishes in our history and yet the forum outlook is gloom. This season Burnley and Watford(?) bang their heads on the glass ceiling and await the inevitable player / managerial departures, we rebuild for the next attempt.

The forum outlook is only gloomy because the club is so clearly going backwards. And we care. But I will continue you to support them and hope our form picks up. But I'm not confident

Reading the title of this thread I would have staked my considerable Saintsweb reputation that it was started by that fat miserable fcker. Although maybe I should have seen some uncharacteristic optimism in ‘almost’

I'm not fat, but I am quite miserable lol

The thread title was supposed to be quite tongue in cheek but it has sparked some very sensible comments